Jason_Williams

Developer Diary 199 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Haza said:

I thought that the U3 was unarmed!?

Nope, it had a solitary MK108 in the nose. 

u3.jpg

Just now, sevenless said:

Nope, it had a solitary MK108 in the nose. 

u3.jpg

Sevenless,

I stand corrected.  Thanks for that as I didn't realise it was standard on the U3, so I'm always happy to increase my knowledge about these aircraft.

Regards

Hehe i can see it in MP, only few available, some rookies grabs it first and burn it's engines on takeoff😂😂😂

2min later...airfield conditions changed!

• Haha 1

Beautiful... I cant wait for my P-51😝

11 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Pfffft, the P-51 will eat that for breakfast just like it did in Red Tails.

and have some 109s for lunch and come back for more when is dinner time cant wait 🙊 

WOW, I just can't believe the detail this game produces!  KUDOS again to the entire team>

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Sevenless,

I stand corrected.  Thanks for that as I didn't realise it was standard on the U3, so I'm always happy to increase my knowledge about these aircraft.

Regards

It was not standard on the U3, some carried cameras only and some  carried one 30mm cannon.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bzc3lk said:

It was not standard on the U3, some carried cameras only and some  carried one 30mm cannon.

bzc3IK,

Thank you for the clarification and the attached video.  

Regards

Great. A year ago it would be hard to believe such planes will appear in IL2 serie.👍 Now the western front slowly becomes reality.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jade-Rabbit said:

Any mods come with this flying beast? 

Whitewall tires😎

• Haha 6

The underside of the rear fuselage looks a little too angled up to me, but maybe just a result of the perspective.

Very excited about all the a/c coming!

34 minutes ago, L3Pl4K said:

Whitewall tires😎

Please let this be so! 🙏

19 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Please let this be so! 🙏

Hope the engine can handle this feature.

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

The underside of the rear fuselage looks a little too angled up to me, but maybe just a result of the perspective.

Very excited about all the a/c coming!

I think that angle will change when the aircraft is placed on its undercarriage. When you look at the full size example it exhibits a different rear fuselage "angle" due to tire and undercarriage oleo compression.

9 hours ago, sevenless said:

It was good for shredding bombers, fast bombing and reconaissance missions as carrried out by NAG 6 with 262A1a/U3.

Yep, but the question is what it will be good for in BoBp. Currently reconnaissance doesn't play a significant role in the game, in BoBp we won't have bombers to shoot at for quite some time, so fast bombing is the only thing that remains. I don't think that turning and repeated attacks are a good idea in such a plane, so "take off, fly fast, drop the eggs in one pass, get the hell out of there, and pray you're not bounced upon landing" is what I expect. Another question is what Scharfi and other Experten can stunt with it in MP.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Hi, thanks for that Information. Can You suggest any sources about them not having  the MK108? Was it a field mod?

I found some interesting Infos here:

https://de.scribd.com/document/270925527/Recon-Me-262

Edited by sevenless

4 hours ago, sniperton said:

Yep, but the question is what it will be good for in BoBp. Currently reconnaissance doesn't play a significant role in the game, in BoBp we won't have bombers to shoot at for quite some time, so fast bombing is the only thing that remains. I don't think that turning and repeated attacks are a good idea in such a plane, so "take off, fly fast, drop the eggs in one pass, get the hell out of there, and pray you're not bounced upon landing" is what I expect. Another question is what Scharfi and other Experten can stunt with it in MP.

I think you can very well shred A20s and B25s, and with a little skill (Meow.Scharfi like) can annoy the hell out of fighter pilots with booming and zooming.

• Haha 1

Fast bombing and recce are actually very interesting missions. And so much more important to the war-effort than shooting down a fighter a piece at 20000ft.

Alone, unarmed and unafraid.

"Recce pilot - a fighter-bomber pilot with brains..." (Taken from Nigel Walpole's excellent book on the F-101 Voodoo - "Voodoo Warriors")

46 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I think you can very well shred A20s and B25s, and with a little skill (Meow.Scharfi like) can annoy the hell out of fighter pilots with booming and zooming.

That's funny because BnZ will be the preferred counter tactic, too, and some BOBP planes can climb higher.

2 minutes ago, Ehret said:

That's funny because BnZ will be the preferred counter tactic, too, and some BOBP planes can climb higher.

Sure, but I guess pony hunting will be as possible as it was with 1946. See here:

On 8/17/2018 at 8:01 PM, SCG_Tzigy said:

IMG_0699.thumb.JPG.ac6edcd99899ab70623e39812babc50b.JPG

I AM SO READY. 

Is the photo taken at aviation museum Kbely ??? It looks at least very similar to it with this layout 

Edited by bubo942

so this will be the best rendition in any flight sim for this aircraft. I was hoping the IL2 boys would do one eventually when they announced BOS all those years ago. It’s finally going to happen.

if anyone is interested the 4 volume series by Classic Publications, from authors J Richard Smith and Eddie Creek is very comprehensive. 

10 hours ago, bubo942 said:

Is the photo taken at aviation museum Kbely ??? It looks at least very similar to it with this layout 

yes, Kbely :)

14 hours ago, Ehret said:

the 262s service ceiling is about 38000 ft, are you sure there are prop planes that can go higher?

14 hours ago, Ehret said:

I guess you meant 'climb better' instead of 'climb higher'.

34 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

the 262s service ceiling is about 38000 ft, are you sure there are prop planes that can go higher?

P-47 and P-51 both had service ceilings over 40,000ft.

Edited by Legioneod

Is going to be a difficult task to aim on that slow clouds of planes on the deck with all that speed haha. Looking foward to fly it

On 8/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Summer is winding down and we’re getting back

Then unplayble tank online will be fixed? Why team make P-47, but not fix critical bugs?

4 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Then unplayble tank online will be fixed? Why team make P-47, but not fix critical bugs?

because 3D artists and 2D artists don't fix server and stability issues?

3 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

because 3D artists and 2D artists don't fix server and stability issues?

Then game not work correctly - it's time to made 3D and 2D? Then you apartment in fire - you call 911 or call to telemarket to buy something?

Just now, Mr_Pickles said:

Then game not work correctly - it's time to made 3D and 2D? Then you apartment in fire - you call 911 or call to telemarket to buy something?

do you not understand that it different people working on code and models?