Sign in to follow this  
Bies

New VR devices in about half year

Hi,

i would like to buy VR device in a few months (at the first part of the new year), but i have tried Oculus Rift CV and it was great but the FoW and resolution were a bit to low for me.

Is something going to change in about half year? Are some newer devices being developed?

I heard about Pimax 8K and some new Oculus but are this devices near completion? Will they be compatible with flight simulators like Il2?

cheers

Edited by bies

If you want a big increase in resolution and FOV the only product on the table right now is Pimax8K.

It accumulates several delays like many kickstarter projects, but they move on. There is hope.

IL-2 has been tested with Pimax8K:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=647123

All our eyes are only pending on what Oculus may announce in OC5 in September. But I am pessimistic about that, but I hope to be wrong.

• Thanks 1

Pimax 8K is not available right now. They are hoping to have all the kickstarter orders fulfilled by end of year, also have the business consumers to fill at some point in addition.

Just a guess but I would think the ability to order one of these will not be available until sometime first quarter 2019.

As much as I hope I am wrong, I doubt will see a true second generation Rift until 2020.

Edited by dburne

Just forget pimaxes, they have many bad reviews. Rift/vive is top notch for current vr gameplay. As for next gen glasses, nobody knows when they come.

Myself im hoping for starvr, to this or next year.

StarVR is focused on the Enterprise ( and pricey) side of the business.

16 hours ago, dburne said:

StarVR is focused on the Enterprise ( and pricey) side of the business.

They have been talking allso for consumer glasses, but as for when, only hopes :(

as for current starvr glasses, i have my wallet open 😍

Pimax 8K is completely different from the 4K. The 8K M2 will be available for backers to test in Berlin at end of the month. There is no NDA to any backer on giving their review, so expect a lot of feedback on youtube. StarVR sounds great but will be a great deal more than any current headset.

Edited by TP_Merlin
  • Thanks 1

So looks like Pimax 8K will have some reviews during half year period and after thay i can buy it. 

Thanks for your opinions.