-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Hello Fellow Virutal Pilots!

Maybe some of you already noticed, the KOTA is not online at the moment.

The reason is that our server got hacked by Sodinokibi Ransomware and its encrypted all of our files.
We could restore the TS-3 but for the IL-2 server, we are waiting for our server company support to fix this issue.

We are trying to fix it as fast as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 4/15/2020 at 8:11 PM, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Hello Fellow Virutal Pilots!

Maybe some of you already noticed, the KOTA is not online at the moment.

The reason is that our server got hacked by Sodinokibi Ransomware and its encrypted all of our files.
We could restore the TS-3 but for the IL-2 server, we are waiting for our server company support to fix this issue.

We are trying to fix it as fast as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Very sorry that this happened to you.  Good luck and I hope your problems are over soon.  Thank you for your server.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1

Hello guys, 

Any news about your server? We hope to see it back soon. 

Posted (edited)

Dear Fellow Pilots,

Sorry it took so long, but the KOTA is back now. :)

We had multiple difficulties about our hijacked server, but it's fine now. (keep your fingers crossed)

We're in the test phase right now (!), hopefully for the weekend everything will be same as before.

Right now there are 5 missions in the row (Battle of Hurtgen forest, Battle of Kerch peninsula, Disaster of Don, Operation Bodenplatte, Battle for red october).

Feel free to try out our missions, and any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your patience,

HRAF Team

Edited by -[HRAF]Suti79
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

server and stats down since yesterday

1 hour ago, dog1 said:

server and stats down since yesterday

yeah, still testing, and had some difficulties... we might need to reinstall everything... (will see)

but it should be working right now.

i'd like to keep it that way for the weekend, and do a major update for the next week.

Thank you for your feedback.

Stats down

not anymore :)

when this mission ends, you will see (hopefully)

you were the first person on the brand new server :)

we reinstalled everything this morning, i hope it's the final version for a long time. 

Thank you for the feedback.

Posted (edited)

yes its on now . looking forward to additional future campaigns and developments , how about some heavy cargo ships in the next missions please . 

Is there a way of seeing how much time is left in a mission without having to log into the mission ?

Edited by dog1

19 minutes ago, dog1 said:

yes its on now . looking forward to additional future campaigns and developments , how about some heavy cargo ships in the next missions please . 

Is there a way of seeing how much time is left in a mission without having to log into the mission ?

Well @-[HRAF]BubiHUN making the missions, and his planning some new interesting stuff, but you have to wait for it, he's really busy right now.

Actually that mission time thing is bothering me too. I'm working on it right now :), so the stat page will show the current mission and time left. Maybe a week, and you will see hopefully. :)

Bodenplatte

At Dusseldorf the axis AI JU88's land but there is no AI attack from the Allied side on any Axis target .

17 hours ago, dog1 said:

Bodenplatte

At Dusseldorf the axis AI JU88's land but there is no AI attack from the Allied side on any Axis target .

Hmm, okay we'll check it out, thank you.

PS: I manage to get the current mission and the mission start time on the stat page. Right now it's UTC time, but working on the local time. 🙄

can you change UTC to time left in the current mission please ?  whats the use of this universal time clock ?

2 hours ago, dog1 said:

can you change UTC to time left in the current mission please ?  whats the use of this universal time clock ?

as soon as I figured out how to do it :) 

(the server time is UTC, but it doesn't about the the user time right now... but it will. ;) )

i have been using this site for my daily references since many years . so i was thinking if you could use any basic time zone then any player from different continents and time zone can figure the rest out .

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

2 hours ago, dog1 said:

i have been using this site for my daily references since many years . so i was thinking if you could use any basic time zone then any player from different continents and time zone can figure the rest out .

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

It's a bit more complicated than this, the game server, and the webserver (stat page), and the user local timezone is most of the time is different. I need to write some python code to synchronise. But I'll do it as soon as I have time for it. :) 

Disaster on Don title name :

Why not change it to Disaster on the Don or Disaster over the Don . Just a suggestion .

5 hours ago, dog1 said:

Disaster on Don title name :

Why not change it to Disaster on the Don or Disaster over the Don . Just a suggestion .

I don't know... I'm not the one how's making the missions, but I'll ask :)

Posted (edited)

Statistics

the statistics page got stuck on the Disaster on Don mission last night  18 May and has not published the results subsequently nor switched to the name of the following mission since then , i have played at least 3 more missions since last night . Please take a look .tks . 

Edited by dog1

Bodenplatte

A couple of months ago Allied AI P38's did appear at night over Dusseldorf about 7.30 pm  3000 mt height approx and then they never appeared again . Since then i have never seen AI allied planes attacking on this map . Hope more players can comment as well .

7 hours ago, dog1 said:

Bodenplatte

A couple of months ago Allied AI P38's did appear at night over Dusseldorf about 7.30 pm  3000 mt height approx and then they never appeared again . Since then i have never seen AI allied planes attacking on this map . Hope more players can comment as well .

thanks for the feedback, I'll let Bubi know all of the problems, he'll fix it as soon as he can.

3 servers not appearing today TAW KOTA and Finnish .

12 minutes ago, dog1 said:

3 servers not appearing today TAW KOTA and Finnish .

It's because the last patch..

Servers admins have to do the upgrade and then the servers will run again...

Just have to wait some hours

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

i suspected something like that but i'm not a technician  it's quite a big patch too , thanks for clarification

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dog1 said:

i suspected something like that but i'm not a technician  it's quite a big patch too , thanks for clarification

yeah, it's because of the update... thanks for the heads up. The server will work in an hour or so, ... the stat stat page would be complicated, but i'll see as soon as the server is running again.

-----

The server is updated and running.

The stat page shows the current mission and start time incorrectly, I'm working on it. ;) (But probably not today sorry... ant the UTC time, I din't forget ;) )

And probably the new YAKs would do some error in the page too, so there would need some work on it as well.

Anyway maybe it's not the best time (I know we need to buy new planes 😄 ), but if anyone can support our server to keep it running (even with $1), would be highly appreciated. ;)

https://www.patreon.com/kotaserver

Edited by -[HRAF]Suti79

Posted (edited)

well the master (il-2) server (not ours) stopped... working on it...

Edited by -[HRAF]Suti79

I have the YAK 1 B collector only , which are the ones you have added  since i doubt many players have already purchased the 2 new ones already . what happens to the mission if a player logs in and he does'nt have a particular plane ?  

Then they use other planes. I don't think they are going to be making a mission with just Yak 9's available.

Posted (edited)

Bodenplatte mission

I tested last night the mission for the first 30 mn's and still there is no Allied attack on axis targets . Can an allied player pls confirm they do see the Axis attack on their assets since i do see the JU88's coming back to land at Dusseldorf . 

Edited by dog1

6 hours ago, dog1 said:

Bodenplatte mission

I tested last night the mission for the first 30 mn's and still there is no Allied attack on axis targets . Can an allied player pls confirm they do see the Axis attack on their assets since i do see the JU88's coming back to land at Dusseldorf . 

I know I know. :) Bubi is working right now for day an night and the mission files is still the same... he'll fix it as soon as he can. 

PS: I need to restart the server again, so the stat page is not synchronised yet... and probably there will be an update fix today, please let me know if it's available. ;)

• Upvote 1

the stat file is up to date , just need to fix the current mission name and time remaining .

18 hours ago, dog1 said:

the stat file is up to date , just need to fix the current mission name and time remaining .

yeah i know... and need to do the update again :) actually i'm doing right now ;)

Posted (edited)

Hurtgen Forest mission

During the last 2-3 times i played this mission axis side always i noticed that i never  made contact with Allied planes over  2016 , 2118 , 2218 and Y46 airfield at any height and i noticed the absence of AAA when we get the alert that they are at any of these hot spots . So today i decided to verify closely and take off from Y46 and start at 2500 mt and work my way upwards when the alerts come on at 2218 and Y46 from where i took off and could easily get to 2218 in a minute . I can confirm even though there was an alert for 4 planes i saw nothing and there was no AAA tracer from these 2 target areas at different heights . Then 2-3 mn later the alert is for 7 bogey's over Y46 and still nothing appears or any AAA high over the base  . I then flew to Y52  airbase and gained altitude and waited for the B25 's which always appear . I have done a lot of mission building and i am wondering if the bogeys are entering the alert area and exiting too early before getting to the designated  point . Could recent patches disturb the set up ? Hope this info can be of some use .  

Edited by dog1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 6:34 AM, dog1 said:

Hurtgen Forest mission

During the last 2-3 times i played this mission axis side always i noticed that i never  made contact with Allied planes over  2016 , 2118 , 2218 and Y46 airfield at any height and i noticed the absence of AAA when we get the alert that they are at any of these hot spots . So today i decided to verify closely and take off from Y46 and start at 2500 mt and work my way upwards when the alerts come on at 2218 and Y46 from where i took off and could easily get to 2218 in a minute . I can confirm even though there was an alert for 4 planes i saw nothing and there was no AAA tracer from these 2 target areas at different heights . Then 2-3 mn later the alert is for 7 bogey's over Y46 and still nothing appears or any AAA high over the base  . I then flew to Y52  airbase and gained altitude and waited for the B25 's which always appear . I have done a lot of mission building and i am wondering if the bogeys are entering the alert area and exiting too early before getting to the designated  point . Could recent patches disturb the set up ? Hope this info can be of some use .  

Thank you for the "testing". :)

I'm trying to learn the mission builder since Bubi is not available. But it's a long process since I'm working a lot as well. 

For a starter I put the yak-9s to the Red October mission... baby steps. 😄 

Posted (edited)

Bodenplatte  Hurtgen

In my opinion you need to look at the existing Timer , attack area and attack MCU's of these missions i mention above and maybe adjust the WP's a little , its only tweaking . you don't need to set objectives of how many are destroyed MCU's before breaking off and returning to base . You need to learn the set up for the Force complete MCU , this is very important because its the signal together with the Timer MCU to end their mission and go back . I learnt all that from JIM TM who is available on the forum  long ago when i bought my first copy of Stalingrad . I have'nt come across the Yak 9 's in Red October , because i dont have them yet , too early , but i have engaged the PE's , moving and static ships . Finally try the above missions i mention and see for yourself wether  what i state is correct , i am not seeing any comments from other players which does'nt  help us at all . We need constructive criticism and comments like we see in other IL2 server forums in this website . 

Edited by dog1

18 hours ago, dog1 said:

Bodenplatte  Hurtgen

In my opinion you need to look at the existing Timer , attack area and attack MCU's of these missions i mention above and maybe adjust the WP's a little , its only tweaking . you don't need to set objectives of how many are destroyed MCU's before breaking off and returning to base . You need to learn the set up for the Force complete MCU , this is very important because its the signal together with the Timer MCU to end their mission and go back . I learnt all that from JIM TM who is available on the forum  long ago when i bought my first copy of Stalingrad . I have'nt come across the Yak 9 's in Red October , because i dont have them yet , too early , but i have engaged the PE's , moving and static ships . Finally try the above missions i mention and see for yourself wether  what i state is correct , i am not seeing any comments from other players which does'nt  help us at all . We need constructive criticism and comments like we see in other IL2 server forums in this website . 

Yeah it's a bit abandoned the server right now, and more feed back and player would be lovely. But I'm not complaining, we don't have much time right now to care about our server because of the every day problems. I could send you the .mission files when I get it, if you want to check it out. Any help would be great. :)

11 hours ago, -[HRAF]Suti79 said:

Yeah it's a bit abandoned the server right now, and more feed back and player would be lovely. But I'm not complaining, we don't have much time right now to care about our server because of the every day problems. I could send you the .mission files when I get it, if you want to check it out. Any help would be great. :)

Is a shame that the server is so abandoned. Tomorrow if we see an oportune map for bombing about 18-20 E69 will go on the server at22:00

• Like 1

12 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Is a shame that the server is so abandoned. Tomorrow if we see an oportune map for bombing about 18-20 E69 will go on the server at22:00

Every map (mission) has a lot of bombing targets. If you have any particular map request, I can arrange that. ;) 😄