-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

13 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

In any event I'm still waiting for my answers. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

Here are your answers (or the usual ones anyway)

are you complaining or flying?

most of us are flying bombers

we only fly blue

at least you have a target rich environment

war isnt fair 

my squad only likes to fly together

quit whining

• Like 1

Today's group flight on KOTA. Ju-88 returned to base (Don't know who, but flew beautifully)

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 8/30/2019 at 9:17 AM, SYN_Repent said:

33 blues vs 5 reds last night 8pm GMT

was quickly vs 2 reds, because we left.

what is the mentality behind this? you get laughed out the server for mentioning it.

-A lot of guys/squadrons fly only one side and their fav plane.

KOTA is pretty realistic so more veterans in squads join it, and great majority MP sqd. are axis oriented these days.

I fly both sides but when in group majority decides.

If there are more allied squadrons/players visiting KOTA numbers would be high all the time, instead we have few reds vs. load of blues and eventually blue guys leave server after one bombing mission cos there is no opponents.

WoL is popular cos of less realistic settings and planeset availability...more friendly to less experienced players.

^^^everybody will tell you this, but there is one huge factor also, wol is run by allied admins and all red teams stick there while greater overall MP population are axis oriented so they will go there too and there you go....full server!

If KOTA manages to attract more red players....blue guys will come too, they are always present!

Numbers attract numbers!1

Maybe p51, p38 and tempest will change things...i hope soo!

• Thanks 1

We flew on Tuesday night. There was some 18 reds to four blues... Some days there are more blues, some days there are more reds - there's not much else to it.

Edited by Leifr

8 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

-A lot of guys/squadrons fly only one side and their fav plane.

KOTA is pretty realistic so more veterans in squads join it, and great majority MP sqd. are axis oriented these days.

I fly both sides but when in group majority decides.

If there are more allied squadrons/players visiting KOTA numbers would be high all the time, instead we have few reds vs. load of blues and eventually blue guys leave server after one bombing mission cos there is no opponents.

WoL is popular cos of less realistic settings and planeset availability...more friendly to less experienced players.

^^^everybody will tell you this, but there is one huge factor also, wol is run by allied admins and all red teams stick there while greater overall MP population are axis oriented so they will go there too and there you go....full server!

If KOTA manages to attract more red players....blue guys will come too, they are always present!

Numbers attract numbers!1

Maybe p51, p38 and tempest will change things...i hope soo!

And TAW is on too. Once the current TAW campaign is finished, there will be more players on KOTA.

Mustang, Lightning and Tempest will help too.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2019 at 1:09 AM, LUZITANO said:

Could more goals be added in Husky? It never gets completely crowded and always ends early even with few players

The last one I attended had 36 players online and lasted 1: 40h

This one was finished by 8 players
http://kotastat.com/en/mission/2244/

Yeah im thinking about adding more objectives since I made that mission. 
Something will be done about that

Last night's ambush on Husky will not be forgotten. I will make a great video

I'm trying to make a teamplay gameplay video. Yesterday I was able to record all the action including the kills that weren't made by me

I was going to make a very good video covering the Hungarians, but the record reached 500mb milite and did not record the final moments when I was shot down ... but ... it will be something in that kind, but showing all the context and others involved

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 1:09 AM, LUZITANO said:

Could more goals be added in Husky? It never gets completely crowded and always ends early even with few players

The last one I attended had 36 players online and lasted 1: 40h

This one was finished by 8 players
http://kotastat.com/en/mission/2244/

I concur, it's a nice mission, but it's all a bit close together and crowded.

/edit
Looking at the stats, on my last sortie I damaged a friendly player in a 110 with my bombs named "Bonqu".

If you're reading this: I'm sorry, was an accident. And we figured it was one of our group or I would've said so in chat.😓

Edited by wellenbrecher

22 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

I concur, it's a nice mission, but it's all a bit close together and crowded.

/edit
Looking at the stats, on my last sortie I damaged a friendly player in a 110 with my bombs named "Bonqu".

If you're reading this: I'm sorry, was an accident. And we figured it was one of our group or I would've said so in chat.😓

I almost got bombed together. (mad spit9 on your guys) When I saw the big babies being dropped I instinctively pulled the stick. It was a bold attack, great combat today
Funny to see @=FC=Frakkas leaving the game, his death was not recorded in stats just for those who were there live

Great game, crowded match ... it was hard but we managed to hold the bridges for 2 hours

3 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

I almost got bombed together. (mad spit9 on your guys) When I saw the big babies being dropped I instinctively pulled the stick. It was a bold attack, great combat today
Funny to see @=FC=Frakkas leaving the game, his death was not recorded in stats just for those who were there live

Great game, crowded match ... it was hard but we managed to hold the bridges for 2 hours

Luzitano, you mad man! You intercepted our second to last sortie when we were about thirty seconds out from bomb-drop. Our gunners called out, and then suddenly you were in between Wellen and I. The four 110s pushed the target any way. You knackered my engine, managed to get home though. 

I think you were around for a third third and final run on the target too. We came as a group from the NNW, dropped and bugged out. Fortunately we had some fighter cover on that one. 

Yes, OperationHusky is all a little crowded and a bit too ‘WOL’ for my liking. I prefer longer flights to the targets, and more spacing. Judging by the chat, it turned in to a bit of a scrap over Red airbases in the last twenty minutes. 

S!

I made this video about a dogfight, recorded the action of me, my friends and also the enemies!
It was on the Husky mission. Still more videos to be made about other fights in this same mission

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Everybody!
We redesigned our new mission, called Naval Engagement, replaced all the targets, added more ships per target, with different clouds, wind speed, without turbulence, added earlier plane types for both sides. When the new Allied planes will be out, like P-51 those will be added, and for the other late-war missions too!
IMPORTANT! To avoid misunderstandings, please join to our discord, so when wierd things happen like sudden disconnections, we can catch you up, and talk to you to clear it up. It is very important to Us, and to You.
Also, if you want to hop in and fly with us, and many other people, feel free to do so!

• Like 1

Thanks to @Tak_Kitano and probably others quite recently I was able to bring the ship back to base, a bit crippled though... 😁

Thank You guys, see you soon!

42.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What happened to Kota stats? Had some good sorties yesterday evening, but not results :(  Stats are still at the early afternoon. Is it a normal updating delay ?

Edited by ITAF_Maven65

Thank you @-[HRAF]BubiHUN for the new Naval-Engagement-scenario. Very interesting. As it happens, I´m just about to finish a new A-20 skin, which fits rather nicely I think. 😂

BTW: A bit more cloud cover would be nice, actually a very heavy cloud cover would be the thing, bomber jockeys love to hide in... But don´t tell anybody, just change it quietly 😁

20.JPG

• Upvote 1

Very much enjoyed the Navel Engagement map last night, would second Rocket's call for a version with some heavy weather, then it would feel more like a gloomy North Sea / Atlantic scenario...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Very much enjoyed the Navel Engagement map last night, would second Rocket's call for a version with some heavy weather, then it would feel more like a gloomy North Sea / Atlantic scenario...

Nice idea.

Yes, I would love to see some more inclement weather on Naval Engagement.

• Upvote 1

About that Naval Engagement. I could not find the real objectives anywhere.

Or does the german side lose per default in case there is suriving red targets? 

Would be nice to have the objectives, that actually win you the map,  in the mission description.

otherwise, people will just randomly destroy targets and always lose :)

I mean, ... its a bit odd.

image.png.ff3bd4923f3d206adf08a78bc587d768.png

• Haha 1

Hello everyone! 
The Bodenplatte Map covers a very long and intense period of the war between the fall of 1944 and the spring of 1945
One of WWII's most iconic operations took place in the fall of 1944, and although it was a disaster, it was a very interesting battle

945759641_Abridgtoofar.thumb.jpg.65e755b26779939cae92493a83818f14.jpg

Brief

On September 17 Operation Market Garden is launched

Reds must protect the troops that captured the German bridges and destroy the German armies that are moving towards the captured cities.

Blues need destroy the captured bridges and attack allied troops advancing southwest

A bridge too far

109 G-14     Tempest V
109 G-6       Spitfire IXe

109 G-4       Spitfire Vb

109 G-2       P-38J

190 A-8       P-51D

190 A-5       P-47D

190 A-3       A-20B

+ B-25D (AI)

Cities captured by the Red paratroopers
Arnhem

Nijmegen
Veghel
Son

Maybe a rescue airfield in one of the captured zones

This mission is very special... The title "a bridge too far" in reference to the cinema classic
My suggestion and thanks for keeping such a good server

17 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

Hello everyone! 
The Bodenplatte Map covers a very long and intense period of the war between the fall of 1944 and the spring of 1945
One of WWII's most iconic operations took place in the fall of 1944, and although it was a disaster, it was a very interesting battle

945759641_Abridgtoofar.thumb.jpg.65e755b26779939cae92493a83818f14.jpg

Brief

On September 17 Operation Market Garden is launched

Reds must protect the troops that captured the German bridges and destroy the German armies that are moving towards the captured cities.

Blues need destroy the captured bridges and attack allied troops advancing southwest

A bridge too far

109 G-14     Tempest V
109 G-6       Spitfire IXe

109 G-4       Spitfire Vb

109 G-2       P-38J

190 A-8       P-51D

190 A-5       P-47D

190 A-3       A-20B

+ B-25D (AI)

Cities captured by the Red paratroopers
Arnhem

Nijmegen
Veghel
Son

Maybe a rescue airfield in one of the captured zones

This mission is very special... The title "a bridge too far" in reference to the cinema classic
My suggestion and thanks for keeping such a good server

Was there any significant air to air combat at that time? 

6 hours ago, Ropalcz said:

Was there any significant air to air combat at that time? 

During the period 17th - 26th September 1944, the Luftwaffe employed up to 10 different Jagdgeschwaders that flew from airfields such as Dortmund, Werl, Paderborn, Guetersloh, Stoermede, Achmer, Lippspringe and Plantluenne. They were to score a total of 122 victories over this period with more than half of them coming from JG 11 and JG 26 combined. It was these two units during September 1944 which housed the famous Luftwaffe Aces or 'Experten' such as Priller, Grislawski, Mietusch and Krupinski.
http://www.defendingarnhem.com/Luftwaffe.htm 

Hello, I'd like to make a question/suggestion. 
With the release of Bodenplatte, do you feel like adding more historical scenarios? I have a feeling that alt. history scenarios or "mixed battles" are predominant on the server right now, which I understand due to the lack of aircraft pairings, however when this issue is fixed (aka P51, P38 and Tempest arrive together with the rhineland map) will you remake some of the missions and scenarios? and having less late war soviet scenarios since we have insufficient aircraft for it? or (better yet) have little to none Western Allies and Soviets vs Axis? 

16 minutes ago, SCG_Faerber said:

Hello, I'd like to make a question/suggestion. 
With the release of Bodenplatte, do you feel like adding more historical scenarios? I have a feeling that alt. history scenarios or "mixed battles" are predominant on the server right now, which I understand due to the lack of aircraft pairings, however when this issue is fixed (aka P51, P38 and Tempest arrive together with the rhineland map) will you remake some of the missions and scenarios? and having less late war soviet scenarios since we have insufficient aircraft for it? or (better yet) have little to none Western Allies and Soviets vs Axis? 

Yes of course.

How does a Canuck Spitty flyer hook up with some wingmen or wing for a small flight?  Most guys fire up the plane and head out... I'm getting tag teamed by the Gerrys because they fly as a unit, us solo guys usually get our asses shot off.

I'm Canadian so I'm trying to stay with my traditional service aircraft. I usually get to shoot one down but the wing man for the poor fellow usually gets me.

Edited by HarleyDavidson
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarleyDavidson said:

How does a Canuck Spitty flyer hook up with some wingmen or wing for a small flight?  Most guys fire up the plane and head out... I'm getting tag teamed by the Gerrys because they fly as a unit, us solo guys usually get our asses shot off.

I'm Canadian so I'm trying to stay with my traditional service aircraft. I usually get to shoot one down but the wing man for the poor fellow usually gets me.

I'll tell you something... KOTA has good missions to fly with Bodenplatte underdogs. Husky, Narval battle... etc... And I was happy because honestly the 1944 period interests me a lot
And I thought ... well in operation Husky Spit.IX is unbeatable, but ... the German team is very combative and they are aggressive, the combat happens all over the map. So if you don't take care of yourself for 1 second you will be shot down.  Spitfire pilots tend to be individualistic and pursue 1x1 duels, but in fact they become easy prey in combat because individualism weakens the player and the Spitfire IX is a good aircraft, but the Germans have good machines even in BOS

So ... if you want to play as a team I recommend getting into the KOTA discord (address on first page of topic) and looking for allied players, there are lots of Spitfire pilots, RAF squad and FLAPS flying with Spit and several other players. You will find people in discord, good luck and good flight!!!

• Upvote 2

Thank you!   Yes, Solo players are easy prey....   I will jump on discord, thanks

that is me

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello Everybody!
The following changes have been made:
-Increased the idle time to 10 minutes
-Added the brand new Allied planes, with enough numbers
-Increased the Axis latest planes numbers, '262 too
-Our statistic website is updated by Arrow today

The work is already going on with our next map, wich takes place on the brand new map. 
Feel free to spend your time on KOTA

See you in the sky

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This is the best server online. No radar no locked mods, high alt fights etc. I just hope we will see soon a pure Bodenplatte mission with Rheinland map and Bodenplatte only planes.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

This is the best server online. No radar no locked mods, high alt fights etc. I just hope we will see soon a pure Bodenplatte mission with Rheinland map and Bodenplatte only planes.

We try our best!
The new mission is about 50% ready

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hello Everybody!
The repair/rearm/refuel feature will be available for all the spawn airfields, those areas will be indicated with tent hangars, ammo tents, fuel tanks etc, and an inscription on the map!
There is a truck, be as close as you can to it, it's radius is 100-150 meters, depends on the layout of the airfield. Stop your engine, wait until the procedure stops everything, then you need to press and hold down the correct keybinds for 30 seconds. Repairing an aircraft is automatic. There is a vehicle at these Maintence Areas, wich could be destroyed.
To make this feature not useless on KOTA, we increased the respawn time.
Our new mission is 50% complete, will be ready in the next few days. Sorry about the delay, I'm busy these days. 
Also, 262s are added to Normandy Fantasy Summer.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We try our best!
The new mission is about 50% ready

Is it possible to have targets chosen by the attacking side so that, like in real life, the opposition do not known exactly what targets will be hit until they are attacked.  Once a chosen target is attacked, if it is not destroyed, then it can be flagged up on the defenders map as a known target for the enemy that should be defended.

If there is a choice from 100% of available targets of which targets to attack, but only 50% need to be destroyed to win the map, then the defenders will not always know which targets to defend, because the enemy are choosing their own targets and the opposition are doing the same.

If we can get to a point where at the start of a new map nether side knows what the targets will be, but there is a selection of possible targets to be attacked or defended, then that would be more like real life.  Is this possible?  If so, it may be worth consideration.

This sort of set up would allow each side more freedom to develop its own planning and strategy, allow less predictable game play and allow players to ad lib, rather than feel like they have to strictly follow and repeat a script the same every time. 

Forgive me if this is not possible or is already being done.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2