-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Funnily, after dragging three guys (one of them at least was from HRAF) to one of our bases and saying in chat "Good work, but now youll all die" due to the flak fire, I couldnt join anymore, its says "Warning, choose another server from the list". 
I can join any other server. I hope its not because I said that ... I never used foul language, but "combat talk", and what I said above is a quote, I also recorded it. 
Before that I said "One is enough, not three of you." 
If the error is on my end though, I dont know what to do, I googled but there is just one result, I also restarted the game and logged back in, but I have the feeling that someone pressed the ban button for whatever reason. 
Any help? 

10 minutes ago, Spicysauced said:

Good work, but now youll all die

Yes, I can help you. I made a screenshot, and our rules are clear.

Spicy.png

@-[HRAF]BubiHUN What did I do? Because what I said at 13:05? Thats what I said and explained above. There was NO insult in this, nothing.
Well. I would like to get back in. I will be VERY careful with my language then or dont chat at all anymore ..

28 minutes ago, Spicysauced said:

I will be VERY careful with my language

We would be very grateful. 
Thank you.

LOL sounds a bit too extreme to me.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

LOL sounds a bit too extreme to me.

Yeah. I dont honestly know what IS allowed to say then? That they dont want insults, foul language etc on their server is normal, but this .. ?  
What I said above + the screenshot + my own recording I mentioned is basically proof I didnt insult anyone.

Again the story in keypoints for the other guys reading this:
- Was over objective in my Yak, saw 3 190s, didnt engage but went into direction of home base
- Noticed they chased me. On the way about 3 minutes in the chase I was surprised/happy that they couldnt catch me, closed rads to increase speed  more until I reached home
- Reached base, all 3 still in the area, flak starts firing, I flew over home base, then turned around to keep them close to flak while avoiding dogfight with them
- Wanted to drag them over base a 3rd time, but one of them got me. Then I said what the screenhot/I myself said.
- Result: "Spicysauced banned, Spicysauced kicked, Spicysauced exited".
- Me: "O.o."

This is the first time I have ever been banned in any game on any server and I seriously have no idea what happened.

Edited by Spicysauced

2 hours ago, Spicysauced said:

This is the first time I have ever been banned in any game on any server and I seriously have no idea what happened.

Careful, Don't 'over egg the pudding' 🙂   You *do* know what happened.  Rightly or wrongly, they interpreted your 'Now all die' as a nasty threat or insult.  Now you just have to see if they will accept your alternative interpretation or at least give you the benefit of the doubt.

15 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

'Now all die'

You do realize that was related to in-game-death right...? Could have also written:" Now the flak gets you all" or something similar. How can anyone interpret this as a threat?

15 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

You *do* know what happened.

Yes, we all know. Its obvious. No benefit of the doubt is needed. I know now WHY it happend but not how my words were understood as an insult. 
My line of thought yesterday was: 
- Confusion (Internet went dead?)

- More confusion as I found out that the warning message I got was due to being banned
- Even more confusion that I found out I was banned because of these words

What I said was meant like "Ha! Flak is gonna get you all now." That is not an insult, and was never meant to be one. 
That is all I have to say. 

Edited by Spicysauced

10 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Careful, Don't 'over egg the pudding' 🙂   You *do* know what happened.  Rightly or wrongly, they interpreted your 'Now all die' as a nasty threat or insult.  Now you just have to see if they will accept your alternative interpretation or at least give you the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks, we discussed it it can be interpreted several different way as not a long time ago we had several problems some passive aggressive verbal trolling by different players. In an international environment sometimes language barrier can be a problem. Ban already removed.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

Ban already removed.

Noticed and thanks. Please keep in mind that I am a player who never is insulting anyone. When I say something like this, its never an offense.
See you on the weekend :)🛩️

• Like 3

I am not a newbie, I have been flying BoX for years,  but tonight on KOTA  I was unable to start the La5FN.  It would start to catch but then die.    I admit I have not flown it much in the past year and when I did it was in Beluga so already running.   Is there some trick I have forgotten?  I ended the mission and started again 4 or 5 times before giving up.

I had this aswell occasionally, but only on the first try, the second ignition sequence was always successful. 

9 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I am not a newbie, I have been flying BoX for years,  but tonight on KOTA  I was unable to start the La5FN.  It would start to catch but then die.    I admit I have not flown it much in the past year and when I did it was in Beluga so already running.   Is there some trick I have forgotten?  I ended the mission and started again 4 or 5 times before giving up.

Keep the throttle up 15% should start for  the second or third ignition. I could happens when the wether is cold.

4 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

Keep the throttle up 15% should start for  the second or third ignition. I could happens when the wether is cold.

OK I will try that. I did try adding about 10% throttle then immediately cut it once it was running but it looks like I should have left it and maybe tried it a few more times if it did not work first time.  Thanks.

Funny sidenote on that issue is that AI is absolutely unable to crank up the La 5FN engine on winter maps either.

I've reported that bug about a year ago, unfortunately to no avail.

Cheers!

Mike

Hello Everybody!
Regarding Your feedback, we will start our work on modification limits on all planes. We will try to make them as realistic as possible. 
Information is always good, so if You have any pdf etc. about them, feel free to send them to us.
Edit: Expect some random server restarts in the next days.

See you around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 4

Hello Everybody!

Limiting the modifications is ready. We tried to make it as realistic as possible, but if You find some inaccuracies, feel free to let us know.
Edit: There is a problem with joining. We are working on it.
It is fixed now.

See you around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hello Everybody! In the last days we implemented our modification-limiting ideas, making it as realistic as possible, with game balance kept in mind. 
In the next minutes we are going to update our missions. 
After the restart these changes will be live.

See You around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody! In the last days we implemented our modification-limiting ideas, making it as realistic as possible, with game balance kept in mind. 
In the next minutes we are going to update our missions. 
After the restart You can see it. 

See You around

I like this idea. Do you have a list of current maps, planes, and modifications?

Posted (edited)

Hoping to get some bodenplatte plane action in here this weekend. Hope we have some people flying. I've just stopped playing early war multiplayer all together the imbalance is just too much and I never get to fly the fun planes. Just isn't fun rather play singleplayer.

Edited by JonRedcorn

12 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Hoping to get some bodenplatte plane action in here this weekend. Hope we have some people flying. I've just stopped playing early war multiplayer all together the imbalance is just too much and I never get to fly the fun planes. Just isn't fun rather play singleplayer.

Feel free to join.

2 hours ago, Frakkas said:

Are Mods allowed on the server? 

No, they are not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frakkas said:

Are Mods allowed on the server? 

No, they aren't.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I like this idea. Do you have a list of current maps, planes, and modifications?

No, at the moment.

I did my first mission on this server last night. It was a good time! I like the longer flights to target areas, feels more like a real mission.

unfortunately my impact on the war was minimal. My apologies to @Disarray and company for providing poor cover at the port attack. All I managed to do was see the fighters too late, miss my target in a dive, and get wrecked by a FW190 and a 109. At least my death was prolonged enough to distract the Luftwaffe for a few seconds.

Thanks to to everyone who puts in their time to make this server great!

24 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Hey Buby, I got error #10009 again...

:(

See you after next patch...

We hope it will be fixed for you...
giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

For squad TBAS:

Guys, don't come to my server to call all to play on this server.

Firstly it is not beautiful,.

Secondly I will ban you permanently.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =E95=DenLarik said:

For squad TBAS:

Guys, don't come to my server to call all to play on this server.

Firstly it is not beautiful,.

Secondly I will ban you permanently.

Best regards.

DenLarik. You are beautiful! ❤️

• Like 2

36 минут назад, -[HRAF]Amergin сказал:

DenLarik. You are beautiful! ❤️

Thanks but i'm a traditional sexual orientation.

P.s. read footer my messages

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, =E95=DenLarik said:

Thanks but i'm a traditional sexual orientation.

P.s. read footer my messages

Ok make it serious! I am not used to going to your forum for trolling please, I would like to ask you for do the same. If you have some problems with somebody send them PM. This is not by the topic of this forum. THX!

• Upvote 2

@=E95=DenLarik  
Not sure why you would post it that message on here and not in Personal Message.
As it has Nothing to do with HRAF members or their server i did any promotion of it under my own accord without them being involved in anyway.

Nor did i tell or make any other TBAS members do it.

Tho point taken, With protest.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Back on the subject of stopping vulching at spawn fields:

You decided that adding lots of lethal AAA was not working because it was not lethal enough so I had two thoughts

1) We ask 1C to produce a special edition 'Laser Guided'  Super Ace AAA setting just for this situation that almost guarantees to kill any attackers within range.  Use only on low level AAA.  They would be unlikely to prioritise that even if they agreed in principle though.

2) Another thought, which can be done with current scripts and state of the game, is to open up an airspawn high above the field 30 seconds after the Light AAA starts firing (and remove the airspawn 2 minutes later)   That should cause major headaches for vulchers & remove their targets (as nobody is spawning on the ground and AAA will keep respawning immediately if destroyed)  while allowing the enemy to make *one* fast pass at low level and have a good chance of being out of sight before any defenders are able to  airspawn and use their altitude to give chase. I think thirty seconds at treetops at full throttle with a change of course is enough time  though maybe it needs to be longer as some attackers are slow like a stuka or IL2.  This is based on my personal feeling that single daring strikes, as were done in reality,  should still be allowed but only that one pass.  If you don't agree then obviously you just open up the airstart immediately.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

2 minutes ago, Frakkas said:

server stats down - is it bad?

Probably just need to update to the latest version since the patch came out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Frakkas said:

server stats down - is it bad?

After every update, statistic website needs an update too. 
There are no updates for the statistic website, yet. That is why it is down.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this server.  Very well done.  :joy:

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of Instant Kill Script..

As soon as enemy plane enter 10,000M from Spawn runway they get message on screen.
You have entered hostile space, Turn Back or your plance will be Destoryed.
30 second later Auto script Destroys the plane (violently) and kill the pilot. (erasing all scores earnt that mission :D)

But thats just my morning cup of coffee idea.

Posted (edited)

I'd say that players will exploit this kill script by hanging out near the edge of their friendly kill zone. As an example, I'm in my fw190, and I'm engaged in a scuffle with an i16. The i16 gets the upper hand on me, so I run away into my "safe" area and watch as the i16 blows up for entering said area. Then, I go out and have another i16 scuffle - only to lose the upper hand and run to my safe zone again... and so on. 

"But but but... Players will want to get points and therefore attempt to kill the i16, not have the i16 chase them to 190's safezone!"

Do we really think players won't run to their safe area when threatened? Players already fly to the moon before they even engage in a conflict with another plane, surely they will run to their safe spot too.

Maybe setting up a "I spawned in and I get X minutes of invulnerability. This allows me to take off and move away from my airfield before I can be attacked. If I don't use my time wisely, I can be attacked on the ground too." logic would work out okay. Even if a player doesn't take off, they only get X minutes of invulnerability. However, when you go to land, it's on the landing pilot to make sure the area is safe before landing... This includes traffic on and around the airfield. This also eliminates the need for a safe zone. Food for thought.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Clarity
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

I like the idea of Instant Kill Script

You can't get the location of a player unless the player does something like fire guns or drop bombs, and even then there can be about 30 second delay until the information is in the log file. In addition, you can't target spawned player planes so that they'd "blow up", only kicking/banning. So this kind of kill script would not work as effectively as you might think.

4 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Maybe setting up a "I spawned in and I get X minutes of invulnerability.

This is doable, check when a player is spawned, then if within the invulnerability time someone attacks that player, the attacker gets kicked/banned.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 2