-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

The server is down because of technical issues. 
We will try to work on this, to be back as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 1

Whats with the "technical issues" on the Discord Server ? the Kota Discord is no more longer in my list. I got kicked out / no Permissions or it was deleted is the Message when i try the invite Link from here.

Just now, ZG15_dasSofa said:

Whats with the "technical issues" on the Discord Server ? the Kota Discord is no more longer in my list. I got kicked out / no Permissions or it was deleted is the Message when i try the invite Link from here.

It exist again, feel free to join.
Sorry for the inconveniences

24 minutes ago, VOLGA said:

Prompt yours Teamspeak

We are on it.
Please be patient.

We have changed our Discord server. Please, dont hesitate to join again! Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Upvote 1

1 час назад, Disarray сказал:

There is a link on the first page of this topic

No

I assure you that there is. I went so far as to look at the first page before typing this. It is there. First post near the bottom.

Edited by Disarray
  • Upvote 1

11 часов назад, Disarray сказал:

I assure you that there is. I went so far as to look at the first page before typing this. It is there. First post near the bottom.

where?

Screenshot_5.jpg

5 hours ago, VOLGA said:

where?

Screenshot_5.jpg

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

20 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We are on it.
Please be patient.

Hello Everybody!
We worked hard during this weekend, and KOTA is back online - in test phase!
If you encounter any issues during gameplay, please report them to our #issue-tracker channel!

See you around

• Like 1

-[HRAF]BubiHUN

I'm sorry to bother you after such a long working weekend but......
The Discord link keeps returning me an "Invalid invite, Invitation has expired" notification.
Not sure why but it worked before the crash and now I can't get to it.

Thanks in advance for any help resolving the issue.

>S<
JG51_Ogg

CO JG51 Molders

Hi! I've added your discord server and I've been welcomed there and wrote a pair o answers there but a pair of days later I don't see your server on my discord anymore.... 

Please, try to join again using the new link at the main post.

4 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Not sure why but it worked before the crash and now I can't get to it.

3 hours ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

Hi! I've added your discord server and I've been welcomed there and wrote a pair o answers there but a pair of days later I don't see your server on my discord anymore.... 

3 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

The Discord invite does not work for me. 🙁

Please, try again.Should be okay now.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody!
Feel free to write down your opinions on the poll.

See you around

Thanks for asking Bubi :good:

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody!
Feel free to write down your opinions on the poll.

See you around

I believe that a night mission is very enjoyable when with a lot of teammates!

As a LoneWolf it could be frustrating.

3 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Feel free to leave a vote, and your opinion at the poll, please.

Let's remember that GPS is off, so if many pilots usually complain about it, think about how many will complain much more in a night mission with GPS off.

I would love to try this, but it could be really hard to many of us.

3 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Feel free to leave a vote, and your opinion at the poll, please.

I can't write my opinion in the poll.

There isn't a field to write there.

image.thumb.png.43baf99708b1e58957b762861550c5fc.pngThere is

3 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Let's remember that GPS is off, so if many pilots usually complain about it, think about how many will complain much more in a night mission with GPS off.

I would love to try this, but it could be really hard to many of us.

image.thumb.png.43baf99708b1e58957b762861550c5fc.pngThere is

A night mission with navigation to three different airfields including touch and go was one of the admission criteria to get into my squadron. It should be the absolute minimum requirement for everyone who calls himself a simulator pilot. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I welcome! What with statistics website when earns?

Night missions are not good, morning time is better. 

20 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

The other day I made some bombing when the night started, and it was easier for a LoneWolf, the AA doesn't smell you until you dropped all your bombs. Enemy fighter neither.

As the night became closer, it was quite difficult aiming, since you didn't see the targets until you were very close.

Orientations was easier sometimes, since you could see the big fires in the distande, from one airport you could see another airport.

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa

Just now, II./JG77_Manu* said:

A night mission with navigation to three different airfields including touch and go was one of the admission criteria to get into my squadron. It should be the absolute minimum requirement for everyone who calls himself a simulator pilot. 

Many pilots here prefer a "run and gun" mode than a sim mode. Take a look how many players flies in WOL x KOTA.

Actually, also devs don't want pure sim players... like a "E" to start up engine....

• Like 1

Night mission could definitely be interesting, as long as it's only every once in a while. 

Hi BubiHUN,

+1 for a nice night mission, flying a "Zahme Sau" mission would be cool. As long as we get searchlight`s, that we can use to find and attack the enemy and as long GPS stays off.

Yes navigation is hard at night but it is as with navigation at daytime: fly some missions to learn it and all is fine. If you don´t want to learn it, search for an other server, as the poll about GPS says clearly that about 68% of the players on KOTA want GPS of all the time. So as it was a standing wort in old IL-1946 mp community: learn it or leave it and search for an other server, that fits your playing style better.

Its no offense here , but i really don`t need a new discussion about GPS off or on. Most players here want GPS off on KOTA so it should  stay off.

regards

Little_D

1 hour ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Sorry, thats my mistake.
Feel free to post here your opinions about our Poll.

8 minutes ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Its no offense here , but i really don`t need a new discussion about GPS off or on. Most players here want GPS off on KOTA so it should  stay off.

This is not an issue anymore.

6 minutes ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Most players here want GPS off on KOTA so it should  stay off.

I liked GPS off all the time, i'm not complaining about it, actually KOTA is the 24/7 best server to me and also I'm not beginning a new discussion about GPS.

Hi BubiHAN,

roger that,

@HansPhillipp, was not against you, but as you i think we will get some more complains and to stop this before the "game" begins :ph34r::blush:, i wrote what i wrote.

Would even love it a little bit harder, like:

No 1000KG bombs for 110, Ju-87, no 30mm for G-6 on east war maps, no K-4 super engine till a map with date about march 1945, also best fighters on map for both sides only in limmitted

numbers to simulate slow transport to the units, also bomber with max/best load out, limited to simulate short come of big bombs, etc. this are all only examples, but there is so mutch more we can do to come closer to simulate RL and this only with limitations on planes and load out. And even when somebody thinks this can`t be fun it will be more fun than you would expect.

regards

Little_D

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

but as you i think we will get some more complains and to stop this before the "game" begins :ph34r::blush:, i wrote what i wrote.

:happy:

I took a few flights on KOTA yesterday to find that the "cold start" option for engines was in effect. In other words, it was necessary to warm up the engine after starting up. 

Is this something that the KOTA admins want, or was it a mistake in setting up the missions?

If it is set that way on purpose, is the effect on Axis planes the same as Allies?  I remember in IL-2 CloD, that the British planes took time to warm up and German planes needed none, or very little. 

I have no issue with the 'historical' value of it, but it might be a bit of a harsh penalty if one side needs to sit on the field and warm up while the other can startup-and-go much faster. 

As far as plane set and loadout goes, it seems that instead of '41 maps - which seem to be quite unpopular, keeping the map but changing the plane set to "anything goes" might work better.  Really, IMO the pre-Bodenplatte maps could use a fully unlocked plane set as well.  I mean why not?  People mostly come for the '44-'45 planes anyway. It's not going to damage the quality of gameplay to cater a bit to the I-16 and 109 E-7 fans who might show up on occasion.  Also, it seems that once early/mid war 'historical' scenarios come into rotation, most players jump ship to WoL or other servers.  Perhaps, going for "anything goes" planesets for all maps will help keep the population up during all hours.     

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I took a few flights on KOTA yesterday to find that the "cold start" option for engines was in effect. In other words, it was necessary to warm up the engine after starting up. 

Is this something that the KOTA admins want, or was it a mistake in setting up the missions?

If it is set that way on purpose, is the effect on Axis planes the same as Allies?  I remember in IL-2 CloD, that the British planes took time to warm up and German planes needed none, or very little. 

I have no issue with the 'historical' value of it, but it might be a bit of a harsh penalty if one side needs to sit on the field and warm up while the other can startup-and-go much faster. 

As far as plane set and loadout goes, it seems that instead of '41 maps - which seem to be quite unpopular, keeping the map but changing the plane set to "anything goes" might work better.  Really, IMO the pre-Bodenplatte maps could use a fully unlocked plane set as well.  I mean why not?  People mostly come for the '44-'45 planes anyway. It's not going to damage the quality of gameplay to cater a bit to the I-16 and 109 E-7 fans who might show up on occasion.  Also, it seems that once early/mid war 'historical' scenarios come into rotation, most players jump ship to WoL or other servers.  Perhaps, going for "anything goes" planesets for all maps will help keep the population up during all hours.     

On cold starts the biggest issue, I think, is the PE 2's. They have, for whatever reason, a real hard time starting up with the cold start option on. LA 5's have some issue but that can be mitigated with some quick action after the engine starts. I also don't see any basis historical or logical for it in an active war time setting. Ground crews were doing all kinds of stuff and some of that stuff was keeping the engines warm so when it was 'go time' it wasn't 'go warm up the engines time.' There were even complaints from people who lived near air fields during the war about the constant noise of the engines being started and warmed all day and all night. And lastly I don't see what it adds to the experience. Oh boy I can't wait to get the mission under way, now to sit here for the thrilling engine warming! Hooray!

I'm kind of in favor of some limitations on planes, both in optional equipment and general numbers. By in large I think the number of planes available to either side is good. The top end planes are limited in number but there are still enough of them that they aren't all gone in the first minutes of play. Limiting some of the very large bombs, though, I think should be done. There is just nothing on the other side to counter it and that is the key. Where other servers get it wrong is by overly limiting planes capabilities. But a HE 111 is still very capable without 1000 or 1900 Kg bombs, in some cases more capable. The real tricky balance is going to be when the next plane issue happens. It will be two new, very capable, German planes with nothing to counter them. Already the K4 with it's super engine is without a legitimate challenger.

Spit Mk IX has no problem with the K4, at least for me, since most people just fly the K4 wrong and commit to turning anyways. The thing is ... to fly the 109 correctly takes a lot of patience which is something that most people who fly online have very little of. The K4 is only a superior adversary in the right hands ...

• Upvote 2

I'm fine with the engine warming, if for no other reason than it forces pilots to slow the hell down a bit before taking off.   

The people who spawn in, gun the engine, and then plow across the nearest field across two runways rather than taxiing have always made me extremely nervous, especially since I've witnessed some spectacular accidents occur from doing that.  

• Like 3