-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

I think it was all a cock-up. 

The server was up and running with 'ad hoc' rules and the Admin at the time called "No Chutekilling" right then and there.  

In my opinion, the rule should have gone into effect only after the forum page + server welcome message were updated.  (Take the server down 30 minutes at the end of the mission if you have to.)

Do I believe that Hauggy being unsure of the rules should have been punished?  No.  An announcement that from the next map on, no chutekilling was in effect and that forum rules plus server welcome message will be posted asap, could have diffused the whole situation. 

Do I believe Hauggy's temper may have gotten the better of him which led to an escalation of the situation?  Yes.  From reading some of Hauggy's posts - while the underlying issue is still valid - Hauggy did escalate putting anger into his words. 

The server Admins made a "faux pa" in handling this.  Hauggy took it as an insult insinuated unfair admin practices.  The Admins in turn, got defensive and words flew to the point where Hauggy took to the forums and voiced a bit of a harsh and even somewhat personal view towards the Admins.  I do believe that the Admins may have attempted to de-escalate the situation first matching Huaggy's aggression and then ignoring Hauggy.  Ignoring someone who is already incensed is not a great strategy. Just sayin'  There are alternatives to de-escalate the situation.   

I vote that KOTA and Hauggy should both concede these points and publicly handshake. 

I also propose that from now on, if Admins are online and decide to implement a new rule, that rule does not go into effect until the Forum and the Server Welcome Message are updated.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Short, clear, simple rules for a clean server and respectful pilots. What else needed (except gps off imo)?

Communication problems between few guys are unimportant and some rules should not need to be written

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, don't mind me. For some reason, I felt like putting my 2cents in.  So now it's a communication problem between a few guys being narrated by (me) a deep-fried idiot.  :blink:

Welcome, Dear Pilots! Some of you asked for what maybe all of us wanted. To play '44 planes! 
On this day, this comes true! 
You can fly the later planes! 
Also note that, I just edited the planeset, it is not a brand new map - for now. It is called KubanSummer1944. 

Estimated start-time: 20:25 CET

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1

Great server - really nice to have some distance from the bases to the front lines as it makes tactics a bit more important.

von Tom

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow!! Hauggy banned for no reason? I was wondering when things were going to go weird on this server.

I have held back on flying on this server because I have always disliked the way that Bubi-Hun verbally abused/insulted people on WoL. "Fool"..."idiot".... "noob" etc are insults that he dished out almost by the minute to "offending" people. To see Hauggy perma-banned like this has confirmed my concerns.

I once taxied straight into Vad  (on WoL) as we were accelerating on the runway because firstly I was type chatting to him and secondly I forgot to lock my tailwheel.  I was most embarrassed and immediately apologised. Vad was gracious and understanding and immediately let me off the hook and said it was no issue. Bubi-Hun on the other hand continued to insult me and call me an idiot for a good few minutes after. Even after apologising profusely I was subjected to his wrath and it did not go down well and has sat with me as one of my most unpleasant experiences in MP. This is the main reason for voicing my negative opinion.

For Bubi to be a moderator and enforcing no insults etc is quite hypocritical and I wonder if he has breached this rule on his own server before? On WoL it was a matter of minutes before someone was subjected to his bad manners and I am not sorry to say I don't miss his presence on WoL at all.

Anyways.... I am probably banned before actually ever connecting to this server lol but a few guys expressed the same concerns regarding Bubi-Hun being a admin/moderator/judge or whatever and have stayed away for this exact reason. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Wow!! Hauggy banned for no reason? I was wondering when things were going to go weird on this server.

I have held back on flying on this server because I have always disliked the way that Bubi-Hun verbally abused/insulted people on WoL. "Fool"..."idiot".... "noob" etc are insults that he dished out almost by the minute to "offending" people. To see Hauggy perma-banned like this has confirmed my concerns.

I once taxied straight into Vad  (on WoL) as we were accelerating on the runway because firstly I was type chatting to him and secondly I forgot to lock my tailwheel.  I was most embarrassed and immediately apologised. Vad was gracious and understanding and immediately let me off the hook and said it was no issue. Bubi-Hun on the other hand continued to insult me and call me an idiot for a good few minutes after. Even after apologising profusely I was subjected to his wrath and it did not go down well and has sat with me as one of my most unpleasant experiences in MP. This is the main reason for voicing my negative opinion.

For Bubi to be a moderator and enforcing no insults etc is quite hypocritical and I wonder if he has breached this rule on his own server before? On WoL it was a matter of minutes before someone was subjected to his bad manners and I am not sorry to say I don't miss his presence on WoL at all.

Anyways.... I am probably banned before actually ever connecting to this server lol but a few guys expressed the same concerns regarding Bubi-Hun being a admin/moderator/judge or whatever and have stayed away for this exact reason. 

First, he didnt received ban for no reason, nor for "chute-kill". First, i tried to talk to him on our discord. He used vulgar words. Then i stopped discussing this problem with him. 
And, I'm not the man who gives bans or kicks. I really tried to speak with him. He used "cry baby" and "BS" words on our discord. Vulgarity was forbidden on our server/discord from the very first days. 
I offered him to handle this in a gentle way. He refused. And, for one, he is not banned from our server. Not yet. I didnt pushed the "red button". I'm not that person. 

I ask you, Dear Players, the only thing you saw is Hauggy's comments here. You didnt saw  what he did on our discord. When I gave him his first warning for for the insult "crybaby". He wrote "BS". 

Thats what happened. Many members from our discord saw what Hauggy did. I dont hate him unlike what he told here.  And thats the point he pissed me off. He didnt receive any kicks or bans from our discord. We could handle this in normal way. But he came here, and started what he did. 

Everything else is a lie. 

The conspiracy what you guys starting is an insult itself.

The discussion about rules:
1.: I understand discussing our "chat rule" had its point. 
2.: the "respect your opponents" rule didnt even need any explaination, many players sent PM to me and they said they understood that rule in the very first moment they read it. 

After reading this, if you dont want to belive me(because these are the facts) you can keep up your hatred towards me. Thats not my concern. 

After all, the decisions were discussed this subject through days. 

It wasnt an easy choice. I know you can understand this. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

Don't hate you Bubi.... just saying that you were constantly abusing people online (on WoL) and it was unpleasant for everyone. You can only be expected to be treated in the same manner that you treat others.

2 hours ago, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Nice. Very relevant he was toxic when someone rammed him on WoL. (Its happening very often there and  its pretty hard to not be toxic after someone crashes into you on airfield or enemy profi ramms you in the air tbh)

If you think he behaves like this on KOTA, you are wrong. HRAF´s admins are polite from my own experience.

PS: If you try to do what Hauggy did (slurs of any kind) against any admin any server in any game, you will get perma ban instantly and no one will talk about it. How someone wrote before me in this topic, there are some rules that don´t need to be written :)

Actually the original incident & kick from the server was not with Bubi. But I don't see the reason for name hunting here....

PS : Ropalz, don't talk with me IRL then :) AFAIK I've yet to be banned from life :)

Edited by kalbuth
  • Confused 1

Yip I agree, if Hauggy used bad language etc on discord, then he deserves to be banned. I was not there and have no say in how HRAF decide because it is, after all, their server. 

I am glad to hear that Bubi does not carry on like he did on WoL.

btw... i did not intentionally ram Vad.... I lost it because I had not locked my tailwheel(109) as I accelerated next to him on takeoff (on the runway). I veered over and chewed a big hole in his wing. I was very embarrassed and tried to apologise, he accepted it gracefully but Bubi was having none of it and crucified me. As you can see, I am still bitter about it 😁.

Anyways, I do hope that the HRAF server thrives and flourishes and wish them the best. We will probably log in at some stage to come have a look and hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.     

8 minutes ago, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Yip I agree, if Hauggy used bad language etc on discord, then he deserves to be banned. I was not there and have no say in how HRAF decide because it is, after all, their server. 

I am glad to hear that Bubi does not carry on like he did on WoL.

btw... i did not intentionally ram Vad.... I lost it because I had not locked my tailwheel(109) as I accelerated next to him on takeoff (on the runway). I veered over and chewed a big hole in his wing. I was very embarrassed and tried to apologise, he accepted it gracefully but Bubi was having none of it and crucified me. As you can see, I am still bitter about it 😁.

Anyways, I do hope that the HRAF server thrives and flourishes and wish them the best. We will probably log in at some stage to come have a look and hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.     

As you can see my previous comment, we have a mission where you can use the latest planes. 

I remember our discussion very well, I said it was "BS" that you used the "respect" excuse to justify kicking me out mid game. I think everyone can understand why.

And well maybe I was a bit excessive, it's in my nature, but again I thought you were not being honest and that angered one for one thing.

A few people indeed whitnessed our discussion.

I admit I might not be entirely right to have reacted this way on the forum.

Maybe throwing oil onto the fire wasn't the best way to get me back, anyway I don't hate you guys and I'm glad you don't hate me.

I told the moderator I would not continue discussing on the subject so I'll just say this, Im sorry for the chutekilling Vad, please uban me and let's move on.

Have a nice day everyone!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I remember our discussion very well, I said it was "BS" that you used the "respect" excuse to justify kicking me out mid game. I think everyone can understand why.

And well maybe I was a bit excessive, it's in my nature, but again I thought you were not being honest and that angered one for one thing.

A few people indeed whitnessed our discussion.

I admit I might not be entirely right to have reacted this way on the forum.

Maybe throwing oil onto the fire wasn't the best way to get me back, anyway I don't hate you guys and I'm glad you don't hate me.

I told the moderator I would not continue discussing on the subject so I'll just say this, Im sorry for the chutekilling Vad, please uban me and let's move on.

Have a nice day everyone!

I accept your apology, but I cant make any decision myself. We will discuss this with my squadmembers, and we will let you know. 
Btw, i lifted your ban from our discord. You can join there again, and catch me up if you want. 
Just remember, if you have any inconvenience just let me know. 
See you around!

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Second time in 2 days I have to edit this topic. 

I highly recommend to all involved to take it to PM. Personal remarks are not welcome. 

Haash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:tease:Moving On.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Admins - I Think a nice Tropical Rainy map would be nice.

KUBAN - Tropical/Coastal Storm
Summer - 25-30*C
13:00 - 17:00
Light to medium rain,
Patchy to overcast clouds with maximum Depth(thickness) 
Very low pressure

[edited]

This "issue" have been solved already. Which part of my previous post you guys didn't get??

Use PMs...if you wish, as said before.

Haash

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

On 8/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, 1stCL/Punkey said:

Szia guys,

we found red southern tanks convoy at Stalingrad1942WinterCounterAttack map yesterday. There were 3x AAA at the convoy, but none of them were shooting at us. Some kind of bug or mistake?

On 8/26/2018 at 4:15 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

I tested them, and they shot me at the very first moment. Must be a bug.

At the same map I found the northern red tanks convoy this time. And again, none of AAA were shooting at me :)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 1stCL/Punkey said:

At the same map I found the northern red tanks convoy this time. And again, none of AAA were shooting at me :)

Can I ask, how much time you spent around them? When i attacked them during testing, i was around them for about 30-40 secs and then they blow my wings off. 

3 times passing through, every time I attacked one of them and destroyed

Otherwise artillery positions are quite ok with their AAA....

Edited by 1stCL/Punkey

Since my original post got removed Ill state the most important part again:

Make your own opinion(try the server out, see how it goes etc.). Dont let it be made by someone else.

This applies to more than a multiplayer server in a game.

Edited by [DMD]Marduk879
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 1stCL/Punkey said:

3 times passing through, every time I attacked one of them and destroyed

Otherwise artillery positions are quite ok with their AAA....

Okay, thank you for your feedback, i will check them.

6 hours ago, 1stCL/Punkey said:

Checked them, but unfortunately i didnt find any mistake. Their controls are all the same. Looks like you have huge luck. 
Edit: made some changes, tomorrow Stalingrad mission will be updated. Let's see how they work. 

Tomorrow our KubanSummer1944 map will be updated with increased plane numbers, and added some more variants suggested by players. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

7 hours ago, SCG_Faerber said:

when will we be getting some Moscow maps? BoM is the best

I already started it. Let's say "Half way there".

Flying bombers the majority of the time I was lucky enough or not  to be engaged by a single fighter as I left my field heading for a target in an A20  ! after a short time my gunner (AI) made the call "Aircraft destroyed " and i witnessed it spiral in hitting the middle of the field i had just departed from !     What is the reason  if possible where an AI gunner calls out a kill but the kill is not awarded ! Is it due the the stats or because i was over a field ?     We bombers (speaking for myself)    don't often get air kills so it would be nice to know if possible for future engagements ?    Enjoying the Server btw .

8 minutes ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Flying bombers the majority of the time I was lucky enough or not  to be engaged by a single fighter as I left my field heading for a target in an A20  ! after a short time my gunner (AI) made the call "Aircraft destroyed " and i witnessed it spiral in hitting the middle of the field i had just departed from !     What is the reason  if possible where an AI gunner calls out a kill but the kill is not awarded ! Is it due the the stats or because i was over a field ?     We bombers (speaking for myself)    don't often get air kills so it would be nice to know if possible for future engagements ?    Enjoying the Server btw .

The gunner will call destroyed all targets, even those not downed by you/him.

If you are sure that your gunner shot, hit and downed him and yet you didnt receive credit ingame then its because its a bug, I got two kills that werent credited to me ingame, but when the mission finished and the stats page updated the stats/kill counted there.

Edited by Willy__

On 8/30/2018 at 4:23 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Welcome, Dear Pilots! Some of you asked for what maybe all of us wanted. To play '44 planes! 
On this day, this comes true! 
You can fly the later planes! 
Also note that, I just edited the planeset, it is not a brand new map - for now. It is called KubanSummer1944. 

Estimated start-time: 20:25 CET

This is big. I've got an actual full weekend coming up this weekend, Sunday and Monday, gunna be on here all day. 

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

This is big. I've got an actual full weekend coming up this weekend, Sunday and Monday, gunna be on here all day. 

New estimated start time for the '44 mission 18:30 CET

On 8/26/2018 at 5:58 AM, Slegawsky said:

Distance to target could be fun only without sat nav. Otherwise, waste of time.

Totally agreed, already making it very fun and realistic, non GPS will make it more immersive specially since the flying times are long.

I know you want more people in the server, its easy to navigate using the map, this will motivate people to learn to do it.

GPS guys mostly want short flight and instant combat.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Totally agreed, already making it very fun and realistic, non GPS will make it more immersive specially since the flying times are long.

I know you want more people in the server, its easy to navigate using the map, this will motivate people to learn to do it.

GPS guys mostly want short flight and instant combat.

I can bring my newbie friends on this server as long as GPS remains, even though I don't use it myself. If GPS goes, me and my Discord of 50 people will just go back to Finnish.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

[edited]

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

If you have any proof of such thing there is 2 things you can do, sent it to the server administrators or to the devs but never accuse noone in this forums of cheating.

Haash

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Awesome fight last night with Vad!

Just watched it for the second time, and noticed that you are using VR! Enjoyed the video, nice editing!

3 hours ago, Hot_Dog said:

[edited]

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

If you have any proof of such thing there is 2 things you can do, sent it to the server administrators or to the devs but never accuse noone in this forums of cheating.

Haash

Hi, ok, didnt know that this is forbidden on this forum. Now i Know, sorry...

5 hours ago, Talon_ said:

I can bring my newbie friends on this server as long as GPS remains, even though I don't use it myself. If GPS goes, me and my Discord of 50 people will just go back to Finnish.

Your friends will be for ever newbies if they stay flying with gps...

GPS =

You never can be lost and never have to find your route.

You can indicate where you are (opponents or moving targets too) and be sure for others to come where you want, with accuracy, as fasther as possible.

You are more aware of what going on around you because you don't have to follow and deduce the good navigation (almost no work in cockpit and on the map). So, it's harder to be surprised or surprise your opponent when you navigate with gps. Your eyes and mind are free for scanning easy the sky around you. A game for kids...

Bombers are disadvantaged when fighters can find their route easier.

Returning to home, smoking or tank leaking, you have all chances to take the straight and faster way for return safe. Less chances for ditching at land, before airfield.

You can fly on auto pilot, through clouds or just on top of trees, 10 or 20 grids if you want, and by this way navigate with the greatest accuracy, pretty like a ghost for opponents

Etc, etc...

1st time Gps was used (by the way of satellites constellation launched by NASA) in... 1973. Yes, with gps, anachronism is on too!

At last, GPS decrease badly the possibilities to learn and progress to navigate (THE problem for your friends). You (they) will never be good navigator(s) using gps, the worst aberrant stuff on WW2 simulator.

Make score with gps is one thing. Do the same score without gps is an other business...

Learn to fly without gps is not so tricky , but so much rewarding.

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Like 2