-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

I had no issues navigating the pre-BoBP fantasy map - in fact following landmarks and raillines was part of the fun.

We even joked on Discord about our differing "skills" when being lost on the map after an engagement (well.. the others.. my engagements tend to be very very brief... and end in a certain way :) ) and then looking for distinctive towns and other marks and piecing your location together made the game better than it is.

Same goes for the variable weather patterns (finally) and especially the night/dawn mission.. all the searchlights, twilight navigation, airfield ops with all planes running all lights.. this makes the game far more interesting and fun - despite its myriad of technical issues for multiplayer... and way more rewarding (even for target drones such as myself) than the usual no-brain-CallofDuty-GPS-central-grindzone-in-perfect-conditions we had to deal with for years.

Especially since it gives both sides the added layers of actual SaD, of attackers slipping through.. or not.. of deciding whether you can interecept when a target gets attacked.

I hope that as new BoBP content becomes available (aka Tempest, Mustang, Lighting aso) the population will continue to grow/even out... and attract even more players interested in a more diversified experience.. they do exist.
Of course we are in a role we should not be in.. aka this game forces players to bear the mantle of gamemaster.. and we all too easily give in to our subjectivity and cognitive dissonances about the preferred pacing and loop experience... so be carefull with the concessions.. a stable server population takes time to grow (just as the technical difficulties take time to overcome.. especially given the tools our gamemasters have to suffer in).

So thanks again to HRAF for giving so many of us a place to enjoy this game again!

Also.. that guy looks oddly familiar...

1.jpg

Edited by RogoRogo
typos.. oh so many typos...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Getting lost on the map was RL issuee back then in ww2, depending on weather and terrain so i find it very immersive/historical/realistic and exciting when i need to use terrain objects to find myself on the map and calculate will i have enough fuel to get home, and that moment when you have home airfield in sight flying on fumes or damaged......victory!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 минут назад, -[HRAF]BubiHUN сказал:

check the main post please.

Thanks!😃

On 2/1/2019 at 8:36 AM, SYN_Ricky said:

Really enjoying the server so far, good job. Last night I came across a few planes (Germans and Russians alike) flying over objectives with their nav lights on, is it common habit on the server, and why would anyone do that? :) Anyway it helped me spot a 110 and a 190 and get a kill on the latter, so not complaining too much. But I like the fact that there's no nav help in this server, and having people signaling the objectives with their nav lights kinds of negates this IMHO... 

Lots of new players at the moment . Guess they take off and forget to tunrn off the lights .

On 2/3/2019 at 2:44 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Our statistic website is back online, with the award system! 
Please, keep in mind there could be some problems with the award pictures, they will be fixed as soon as possible!

The stat system is still buggy .

Nothing todo with the server side of things . After update the server is very smooth flying now . Just stats are weired science .🛀 in this game .

Is there a penaltiy where people disconect after being sixed . ? Shot at or shot down .

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Upvote 1

Fun server but I'm curious if you plan on making more realistic scenarios with limited aircraft types and such?

I'm curious to see how the missions will play out when K4s aren't the mainstay for the Axis team.

A scenario with only a handful of K4s and mostly G-14s and A-8s would be a very interesting mission to see.

39 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Fun server but I'm curious if you plan on making more realistic scenarios with limited aircraft types and such?

I'm curious to see how the missions will play out when K4s aren't the mainstay for the Axis team.

A scenario with only a handful of K4s and mostly G-14s and A-8s would be a very interesting mission to see.

There is one mission WIP right now.

• Upvote 2

Hey Bubi,

I'm getting #10009 error all the time in Kota.

Can you do something that can help me?

I will try to fly in anothers servers just to test but you know that I really love to fly in this server!

Thank you!

Capturar.thumb.PNG.f74600b3abec6cb22157ac9cc9cc66f7.PNG

6 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Hey Bubi,

I'm getting #10009 error all the time in Kota.

Can you do something that can help me?

I will try to fly in anothers servers just to test but you know that I really love to fly in this server!

Thank you!

Capturar.thumb.PNG.f74600b3abec6cb22157ac9cc9cc66f7.PNG

Can you test your ping to Frankfurt please?

• Sad 1

Hello Everybody!

-[HRAF]Arrow19 mission is now live, the tests are in progress, the problems it had yesterday are now fixed!
A brand new late-war mission is ready with fewer K-4s, and will be live tomorrow. It's name is PrebodenFantasyWinterD.

PreBodenplatte1945WinterFantasyb mission will be removed from the rotation.
PreBodenplatte1945WinterFantasyc : Fw 190 A-5 added for the fighter airfields.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

49 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

No package losted.

image.thumb.png.bf5c1630d7bd799a057dafc9c2b3705e.png

image.png.f89d19ee5bfb27d96f23c7da150182ac.png

Thank you. We will figure out something.

Did you already thought about removing the DB605DC modification? 

Currently reds have nothing to stand against the 109K4. It could be a good idea to put fewer K4, and only with the DB605DB?

• Upvote 2

Hello, Fellow Aviators!

On the new Pre Boden mission, there will be only two Allied airfields, supported with A-20s.
Non Directional Beacons added to all the airfields.

See you around.

So diving from 8-9K on a 109K4 @ 800kph + is not helpful?

why not ?

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14
  • Haha 1

Nice to see one more Bodenplatte Map!

But the Mission design is a little off for me because,...

1) the airfields are to close together 

2) the groundtargets are way to close to the the airfield and to much in a clouster 

id like to see a more spread out map design

15 minutes ago, I./JG62_Lord_Efe said:

2) the groundtargets are way to close to the the airfield and to much in a clouster 

There maps like that, and they are still in the rotation. 
As soon as BoBP map will be released, there will be much better missions for late planes.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

On 2/10/2019 at 9:50 PM, I./JG62_Lord_Efe said:

Lol.  I was only reading a post the other day where people were saying that the reason they don't fly KOTA is because they have to fly too far to the targets 😏

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Lol.  I was only reading a post the other day where people were saying that the reason they don't fly KOTA is because they have to fly too far to the target

Some people dont like flying in a ww2 warplane sim.
Happens.

See you around

• Haha 3

Yeah its funny if you climb then you cover the same distance much faster with a higher TAS and GS so it makes little difference.

If i have to take say the 110 G2 on a long flight (over 100km to target) then ill climb to 5-6,000M.
At say 6K the 110 will cruise at 400kph IAS happily with full bomb load.

Which converts to a TAS of about 560KPH depending on wind (on 1 map i get about 585kph GS to target and about 605kph GS from target above 5K)
So 100km only takes 10 minutes.

Yes climb times come into it but this is a ww2 sim not ww2 arcade shoot em up!
I mean many of us still go through basic SoP's we dont have to because its a Sim not a Game
(like using lights, fake engine run ups, performing approaches and landings with proper patterns. )

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Lol.  I was only reading a post the other day where people were saying that the reason they don't fly KOTA is because they have to fly too far to the targets 😏

They have WoL! (3 flight min from combat after take off) and a lot of pilots have laziness to navigate.

Is the same case of Call of Duty and Battlefield players, some prefer "run and gun" with a lot of facilities (CoD portion) and some prefer "team fight" without facilities (BF portion).

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

38 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

They have WoL! (3 flight min from combat after take off) and a lot of pilots have laziness to navigate.

Is the same caso of Call of Duty and Battlefield players, some prefer "run and gun" with a lot of facilities (CoD portion) and some prefer "team fight" without facilities (BF portion).

Actually I think that post I was talking about was in the WoL forum.  They were patting themselves on the back about how popular WoL is and agreeing that if KOTA would just make the targets closer it could be as popular 😄     Please don't!  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

and agreeing that if KOTA would just make the targets closer it could be as popular 😄     Please don't!  

They say that, but then, they will ask for GPS too 😅

I'm wondering, if you make the targets too close, then it would be imposible to intercept bombers, isn't it ?

And when on a Bomber, you lose the tension of being intercepted, scanning the sky, etc ...

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa
  • Upvote 1

Well having the targets too close also makes getting to altitude a bit annoying for the ones that prefer level bombing. As is, the way to the targets eats most of that time and you don't have to go on horrendously long doglegs.

Another down side to having the targets closer is it makes winning the fight with any defending fighters less meaningful. If they can be back to target in 2 or 3 minutes there isn't much of a window for the bombers to get in and out again. The way things are set up now there is enough time to get a bomber in, get the bombs away with reasonable accuracy and start exfil.

1 minute ago, Disarray said:

Another down side to having the targets closer is it makes winning the fight with any defending fighters less meaningful. If they can be back to target in 2 or 3 minutes there isn't much of a window for the bombers to get in and out again. The way things are set up now there is enough time to get a bomber in, get the bombs away with reasonable accuracy and start exfil.

...plus from the fighter side,  if the bombers don't have far to fly home then it makes it harder for us to hunt them down before they land 🙂

1 hour ago, wellenbrecher said:

Well having the targets too close also makes getting to altitude a bit annoying for the ones that prefer level bombing. As is, the way to the targets eats most of that time and you don't have to go on horrendously long doglegs.

Its not only annoying for level bombers... ever tried to climb on lets day 10k ft with a Jug with Bombs ? 😂

1 hour ago, I./JG62_Lord_Efe said:

Its not only annoying for level bombers... ever tried to climb on lets day 10k ft with a Jug with Bombs ? 😂

Yup. Two days ago.  I gave up and decided 6000ft would be good enough 🙂

If you click on the cancel button it currupts the mission file. Exit the game and delete the mission and let the download complete during the next connection.

Please, look at pilot Drspoe, he seems to be so called DISCO-queen. Yesterday, he DISCO just after he was damaged by me and get into disadvantage.

http://kotastat.com/en/sorties/1824/Drspoe/?tour=2

he has just one sortie on KOTA, but he flies on WoL and it is same there, many times, after he is damage, he DISCO, for example:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/17983/Drspoe/?tour=42

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/17983/Drspoe/?tour=40

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/17983/Drspoe/?tour=44

I know he has done it just one time on KOTA, but we dont want such a player here...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

If you click on the cancel button it currupts the mission file. Exit the game and delete the mission and let the download complete during the next connection.

Good morning, friend, thanks for the tip, which folder do I delete the mission in the game folder?

11 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What is a proper pattern? :huh: :biggrin:

I think he means that instead of just flying straight to the runway when he gets in sight of the airfield,  he positions himself to one side of the runway at the upwind end then flies parallel to the runway (downwind leg) reducing his speed to 200kph and lowering undercarriage etc before turning 90 degrees onto a base leg then another 90 degrees onto finals (or with fighter more often just a single 180 turn from downwind leg to finals).   

My squad will usually start with a a fast low pass into wind over the runway then cut the throttle and break 180 degrees onto the downwind leg.   The advantage of doing this is that it allows you to keep all your speed as long as possible in case there is an enemy nearby waiting for people approaching the airfield slowly then the break with zero throttle gets rid of the speed fast so you can land quickly while protected by the field AA.   If instead you start reducing your speed as soon as you see the field and lower your flap and undercarriage to slow down to approach speed for a long final approach while still 30 seconds out from the airfield you will be a sitting duck for attackers and far enough away for the attacker not to be bothered by AA.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex