-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Hello, I'm going to write 2x suggestions that I thought very carefully

I was very happy for KOTA's initiative in creating a substitute map for the new battle being developed. The server concept of using a giant map for the 84 players works very well, as we can see. Removing the GPS was also interesting, I already had the habit of playing this way in the late 2000s

However ... you have to consider all the possibilities and situations that can happen. It is not always possible to fill the server with 84 players, sometimes the average number of players is half that.The big maps are great but I believe an alternative especially for weekdays with a somewhat reduced but still large size map would be nice

So I have a 2x very simple suggestion that could attract more players and create a more objective and dynamic environment

First, a map for the underdogs. The 109K-4 is the last variant developed and at least 50km / h on the deck and the altitude in relation to Spitfire IX and P-47 rivals. So you need to have a map option without the 109K, this is fundamental, to have a technical balance sheet.

And release the 109K-4 and 190D9 against the Tempest and P-51 (in the case, a winter map with the 109K)

I think there should be 2x maps, one with 109G14 and one with 109K4. At this time, the 109G14 is not being used. The map with the underdogs could be in autumn and the map with the elite planes could be in the winter

The second suggestion is simple, create smaller mirrors maps with closer goals, especially for days with "less flow". In other words, the same map, but with somewhat closer objectives and bases

And with the allies beginning from right to left, as it was on the western front (example)
96535056_MiniBPinKuban.jpg.2a87f40a86e40e80799b835bae66becf.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the suggestion, I did it with great affection and it took hours translating it. Good job :)

46 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

I was very happy for KOTA's initiative in creating a substitute map for the new battle being developed. The server concept of using a giant map for the 84 players works very well, as we can see. Removing the GPS was also interesting, I already had the habit of playing this way in the late 2000s

However ... you have to consider all the possibilities and situations that can happen. It is not always possible to fill the server with 84 players, sometimes the average number of players is half that.The big maps are great but I believe an alternative especially for weekdays with a somewhat reduced but still large size map would be nice

So I have a 2x very simple suggestion that could attract more players and create a more objective and dynamic environment

First, a map for the underdogs. The 109K-4 is the last variant developed and at least 50km / h on the deck and the altitude in relation to Spitfire IX and P-47 rivals. So you need to have a map option without the 109K, this is fundamental, to have a technical balance sheet.

And release the 109K-4 and 190D9 against the Tempest and P-51 (in the case, a winter map with the 109K)

I think there should be 2x maps, one with 109G14 and one with 109K4. At this time, the 109G14 is not being used. The map with the underdogs could be in autumn and the map with the elite planes could be in the winter

The second suggestion is simple, create smaller mirrors maps with closer goals, especially for days with "less flow". In other words, the same map, but with somewhat closer objectives and bases

And with the allies beginning from right to left, as it was on the western front (example)

I hope you enjoyed the suggestion, I did it with great affection and it took hours translating it. Good job :)

Hi! I saw your message in-game, sorry I was AFK in that time. 
Thank you for your suggestions, they are interesting, thank you for your efforts!
We will discuss it!

Edit: We don't want to throw away the long distances to the frontlines. I already made missions wich have medium distances. Moscow1941AutumnRainy, Stalingrad1942Autumn missions for example.

See you around.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Luzitano   And what of ground attack and Bombers in your suggested map or is this solely for Tail chasers  ! 

Bodenplatte can be divided into 3 very simple phases (when everything is released)
Using Kuban map, one thing that is necessary is not having a sea division and the allies start from left to right

My suggestion is about the first 2x phases

1 - Fall of 1944 at France/ Belgium (autumn)
Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D

Blue

He 111 H-16
Ju-87 D-3
Bf 110 G-2
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8

2 - Bodenplatte strike in January 1st 1945 at winter (that one only with fighters for the special operation)
Red
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Bf 109 K-4 (DB-605DB) 
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9

3 - Ruhr vale, spring of 1945 (Germany territory)

Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Ju-87 D-3
Bf 110 G-2
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Bf 109 K-4 (Limited DB-605DC) 
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9
Me-262 (only x2 flying in battle)

(Spitfire XIV, Ta-152H-1, P-47M, Bf 109G-10 and Fw 190A-9 may be added "in the future")

Edited by LUZITANO

9 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

I enjoy the current map distance 'cause we have distance to climb (In 190 A8 is a sacrifice) in addition to be immersive as well.

As said by Bubi, we have maps with close contact (..."Moscow1941AutumnRainy, Stalingrad1942Autumn"...).

About the Bodenplatte airplanes, I believe that pilots that don't like to climb above 6k will prefer the G14 rather than K4. When TAW is opened, G14 will be left over but over time it may change...

I could be wrong but i think that KOTA was well thought out.

Only missing GPS OFF all the time!

I did not mention the suspense of searching for the enemy, freaking checking the six... with close objectives, we know where most likely they will be.

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

6 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Bodenplatte can be divided into 3 very simple phases (when everything is released)
Using Kuban map, one thing that is necessary is not having a sea division and the allies start from left to right

Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-40E
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D

Blue
Bf 109 G-14

Bf 109 G-6

Bf 109 G-4 (mod w/ cannons to make it heavy)
Bf 110 G-2
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Ju-87 D-3
He-111H-16

2 - Bodenplatte strike in January 1st 1945 at winter (that one only with fighters for the special operation)
Red
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Bf 109 K-4
Bf 109 G-14

Bf 109 G-6
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9

Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Bf 109 K-4 (limited DB 605 DC)
Bf 109 G-14

Bf 109 G-6

Bf 110 G-2
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9
Ju-87 D-3
Me-262 (only 2x flying in battle)

(Spitfire XIV, Ta-152H-1, P-47M, Bf 109G-10 and Fw 190A-9 may be added "in the future")

On the subject of the Spitfire Mk V, at this time it was obsolete and was hardly used.  On an earlier date there were some on the order of battle for D-Day 6th June, but they were mostly reserves for Air Defence Great Britain (ADGB) and used for resting squadrons back in the UK.  A small number were used for artillery spotting and one for delivering post I seem to remember reading about.  Also, the type of Spitfire we have in this simulation is an earlier representation not representative of the later modifications and engines (also clipped wing) used by the RAF on 6th June 1944 and onwards.  The model of Spitfire Mk V, in terms of engine and wing, we have in the sim is on the timeline with the Bf 109F. 

I humbly suggest that the type of  Spitfire Mk V we have in this sim is irrelevant to the above scenarios.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:00 PM, Disarray said:

Then I must have imagined all those times that both fighter fields were under threat at the same time. Silly me. Or do you suggest that I fly out an A-20 or IL-2 to counter the high altitude fighter threat? While I have you here why don't you tell me what I had for breakfast too. Wouldn't want to get that confused too and you seem to be ever so knowledgeable about the things I've seen and done and seemingly all the things that happen everywhere else too, what with your 3000 hours of play. And don't give me that crap about people sitting just outside of gun range watching fields not being vultures. You know as well as I that they can be in, make the attack and be out with virtually no threat to them.

As for dictating things, I don't follow. If anyone is coming in and dictating it would be you. 'Don't talk about this' 'Don't say anything about this thing I like' 'Don't have this rule or that' and so on. Meanwhile I'm here asking for things. Simple requests and feedback. And if asking for a little civility and fair play is 'crying' and 'whining' I guess I'm guilty of that. The shock, shame and horror of it all. If all you are looking for is a fight there is no reason that the fight has to be had on one team's doorstep. The only reason it would have to be there is if you are looking to shoot fish in a barrel.

Nah, looking to stop your endless whining attempts to ruin my good time. You screech like a girl..... In fact, the female pilots here screech less than you so that isn't fair to the ladies. My bad Scharfi. Anyway, you screech in server, you screech in forum.

I'd prefer to not have my exciting takeoffs ruined by your inability to cope with tough play situations.

Childlike crying to match your infant strawman arguments. The below quote is why I am calling your arguments childish.....

On 12/20/2018 at 1:00 PM, Disarray said:

Then I must have imagined all those times that both fighter fields were under threat at the same time. Silly me. Or do you suggest that I fly out an A-20 or IL-2 to counter the high altitude fighter threat? While I have you here why don't you tell me what I had for breakfast too.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper

15 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

I enjoy the current map distance 'cause we have distance to climb (In 190 A8 is a sacrifice) in addition to be immersive as well.

As said by Bubi, we have maps with close contact (..."Moscow1941AutumnRainy, Stalingrad1942Autumn"...).

About the Bodenplatte airplanes, I believe that pilots that don't like to climb above 6k will prefer the G14 rather than K4. When TAW is opened, G14 will be left over but over time it may change...

I could be wrong but i think that KOTA was well thought out.

Only missing GPS OFF all the time!

I did not mention the suspense of searching for the enemy, freaking checking the six... with close objectives, we know where most likely they will be.

I agree, the big distance on the map is a good thing. And I also agree that KOTA was well thought out. My suggestion does not ask to change this
I suggested making extra maps, some mirrors with reduced distance. If you look at the map I painted, it's still a huge distance
The 109K-4 has a late technology in the second war. It could compete equally with Spitfire XIV, but the Mk.IX is certainly at a disadvantage ...

9 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

On the subject of the Spitfire Mk V, at this time it was obsolete and was hardly used.  On an earlier date there were some on the order of battle for D-Day 6th June, but they were mostly reserves for Air Defence Great Britain (ADGB) and used for resting squadrons back in the UK.  A small number were used for artillery spotting and one for delivering post I seem to remember reading about.  Also, the type of Spitfire we have in this simulation is an earlier representation not representative of the later modifications and engines (also clipped wing) used by the RAF on 6th June 1944 and onwards.  The model of Spitfire Mk V, in terms of engine and wing, we have in the sim is on the timeline with the Bf 109F. 

I humbly suggest that the type of  Spitfire Mk V we have in this sim is irrelevant to the above scenarios.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I totally agree with you. And this Spitfire V does not have the option to cut the wings ... anyway ... I suggested to give an option for who has the BOK, because the Fw 190A-5 was included

Disarray, on the bright side, as long as you don't get caught during a vulnerable moment by them, Vulchers like smokejumper are pretty easy to shoot down, and are useful for padding stats. 

8 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro said:

Hi all,

Guys of -[HRAF], thanks for creating a new IL-2 server. Looking forward to join you as soon as I get my new rig, hope soon...

Greetings

Can't wait to have you back! 

I wish there was a way to make a mission with nothing but the U-2 and the Ju52 and force Smokejumper and Disarray to fly on it all day every day. 😇

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

I agree, the big distance on the map is a good thing. And I also agree that KOTA was well thought out. My suggestion does not ask to change this
I suggested making extra maps, some mirrors with reduced distance. If you look at the map I painted, it's still a huge distance
The 109K-4 has a late technology in the second war. It could compete equally with Spitfire XIV, but the Mk.IX is certainly at a disadvantage ...

I totally agree with you. And this Spitfire V does not have the option to cut the wings ... anyway ... I suggested to give an option for who has the BOK, because the Fw 190A-5 was included

Yes, the FW 190-A5 is rather past it for those scenarios, as well as the Spitfire V with the current in-game engine.

Happy landings,

Talisman

16 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Disarray, on the bright side, as long as you don't get caught during a vulnerable moment by them, Vulchers like smokejumper are pretty easy to shoot down, and are useful for padding stats. 

You clearly misunderstand my position..... I am defending the fact the I enjoy when people try and vulch me. I enjoy the exciting take offs. I dislike whiners trying to take that away. I don't give two craps about my stats either. I've nothing to prove to anyone anymore. I know I'm an above average pixel pilot.

When I do vulch I come with buddies and go after flak first. You'd remember if I vulched you. We will pin a field down and rape with impunity. Good thing I like playing objectives.

38 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

<snip>

When I do vulch I come with buddies and go after flak first. You'd remember if I vulched you. We will pin a field down and rape with impunity. Good thing I like playing objectives.

I do remember when you vulched...because me and a couple of others were flying the P-47 for the very first time, and you shot down one of my wingmen in a blatant violation of the rules, and you were a jerk about it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't recognize you or your squad from Adam.

26 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

I do remember when you vulched...because me and a couple of others were flying the P-47 for the very first time, and you shot down one of my wingmen in a blatant violation of the rules, and you were a jerk about it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't recognize you or your squad from Adam.

Jerk eh..... Sounds like me.

Where you in the air? I think you where. I was flying a K4 for the first time and you guys where airborne from memory. I was close to airfield but not strafing. I had chased someone back and kicked a few guys while I was over there. I then landed out or did I stay until I got mobbed?? .

I was a jerk because the screeching started over shooting down flying aircraft....

Suggestion,

after an hour or two hours pilots HAVE TO CHANGE SIDE.

So the always wannabe Hartmann 109K flyers may fly a crappy russian plane too...and maybe not always vulch or tailchase.....

Or maybe fly italian planes....

Enjoy, try another plane from the game !

Edited by 1.JaVA_RoodeDuivel

11 hours ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Jerk eh..... Sounds like me.

Where you in the air? I think you where. I was flying a K4 for the first time and you guys where airborne from memory. I was close to airfield but not strafing. I had chased someone back and kicked a few guys while I was over there. I then landed out or did I stay until I got mobbed?? .

I was a jerk because the screeching started over shooting down flying aircraft....

Vulching does not mean you strafed them. 
If you are in the spawn airfield's sector, you are about to vulch, because the spawn airfield is under attack.
If you do this when GPS is on, you are violating one of our rule.
It is simple. Very few people support vulching as you do. We won't share your thoughts about this subject. 

Please, avoid discussing this in the future. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Everybody! Our new mission, called KubanSpring1943April will be live tomorrow. Feel free to try it out!
We wish You Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, LUZITANO said:

Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D

Blue

He 111 H-16
Ju-87 D-3
Bf 110 G-2
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8

Red
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Bf 109 K-4 (DB-605DB) 
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9

Red
A20-B
Spitfire Mk Vb
Spitfire Mk IXe
P-47D-28
P-38L
P-51D
Tempest Mk V

Blue
Ju-87 D-3
Bf 110 G-2
Bf 109 G-6
Bf 109 G-14
Bf 109 K-4 (Limited DB-605DC) 
Fw 190 A-5
Fw 190 A-8
Fw 190 D-9
Me-262 (only x2 flying in battle)

Sorry, but the dates don't make any sense.

You just posted a balance planeset that doesn't have any foundation in historical circumstances, only in game balance.

Just one example, the Me 262 was already operational in numbers in your first scenario.

To limit it to 2 is also ridiculous. Limiting it is surely necessary, but rather like 8 at a time, not less. 

On 12/23/2018 at 2:48 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Vulching does not mean you strafed them. 
If you are in the spawn airfield's sector, you are about to vulch, because the spawn airfield is under attack.
If you do this when GPS is on, you are violating one of our rule.
It is simple. Very few people support vulching as you do. We won't share your thoughts about this subject. 

Please, avoid discussing this in the future. 

It's fine if you don't like vulching and make rules against it. It's your house.

It's not fine for you to tell me not to discuss it in this forum. I'll discuss what I want within the rules of the forum which I use as a privilege through IC and not you.

I think your rule on vulching is boring and gives us stale airfields with no life. I think it unhistorical. It creates accidental rule breaches like mine where I had chased a guy back and gave other flying aircraft a kick. A rule against shooting FLYING aircraft is lame in my opinion and I am allowed to voice my opinion in this forum provided I do not abuse anyone.

I'll continue to support best server for fly..... I prefer their open rules.

40 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

I'll continue to support best server for fly..... I prefer their open rules.

Then we have no more business.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 2:04 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody! Our new mission, called KubanSpring1943April will be live tomorrow. Feel free to try it out!
We wish You Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Photos from the new mission.

Thank you HRAF squad for the effort!

Best server!! :P

Spoiler

IVlaRqy.jpg

qd23lMJ.jpg

4m7yUwd.jpg

4fwMBeH.jpg

B5eeG7z.jpg

PMP7YpT.jpg

06PGImh.jpg

xyn1Agp.jpg

854x0JK.jpg

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Pretty cool map! I don't want to nerf the Red Team, BUT the Soviets had no La5FN in April43 over Kuban. It only came end of 1943 in the Kuban. It's first service was during Kursk in Summer43(and later in Kuban, about autumn). Just wanted to mention it from a historical aspect. Of course it is up to you guys if it should stay. 

Merry Xmas.☺️

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Pretty cool map! I don't want to nerf the Red Team, BUT the Soviets had no La5FN in April43 over Kuban. It only came end of 1943 in the Kuban. It's first service was during Kursk in Summer43(and later in Kuban, about autumn). Just wanted to mention it from a historical aspect. Of course it is up to you guys if it should stay. 

Merry Xmas.☺️

Thank you for highlighting this, but I put them in for the sake of balance.

Frohe Weihnachten!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Merry Xmas.☺️

I don't know the exact order of battle but if the single player campaign is correct (which I think it is given BlackSix made research about the units), then German team would have no Bf 110 E-2, Fw 190 A-3, Bf 109 F-4, Bf 109 G-6, and the Fw 190 A-5 would be only available as Jabo. The Soviets wouldn't have La-5FN, MiG-3 nor Pe-2 series 35.

So I guess 109 G-2 and G-4 vs the other allied fighters isn't a bad matchup imho. But don't know how much accuracy it is aimed for in the missions.

You can not do it fully historically correct, without saying exactly which fight period the map is supposed to represent. If it means Kuban spring, then there is no LA5 FN and no Bf G6.
Apart from the FW A5 (II./SG1) Jabos there was also no FW 190.
But the map looks good anyway. Thank you for the effort.

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2018 at 5:43 AM, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Sorry, but the dates don't make any sense.

You just posted a balance planeset that doesn't have any foundation in historical circumstances, only in game balance.

Just one example, the Me 262 was already operational in numbers in your first scenario.

To limit it to 2 is also ridiculous. Limiting it is surely necessary, but rather like 8 at a time, not less. 

I understand your point of view, I'll explain why I took out some airplanes. It's about balance, but about history too

Fw-190D-9 at January 1945. I imagine they will deliver the 190 version with the MW-50, which only came to the fore in 1945. If they put a 190D withou this system, then okay it come before, but it's going to be less faster

I suggested the Bf 109 K-4 and Tempest at winter because it was when the amount of them increased. The quantity available at the end of 1944 for these airplanes was very small. They could even be included at some autumn map, but limited to a few units for players to choose

DB 605 DC C3 fuel is 1945 technology, so... must be limited and for spring

Now about Me-262. Have you played IL-2 1946 with the Me-262 available in the map? Two jets can make a lot of difference in a battle and can cover a large area very quickly. Besides having a security landing on the bases

I have 2x books on the use of 262 seen from both sides. One from Adolf Galand and one from Clostermman. Often the 262 did solo missions or in pairs to disrupt allied troops, reconnaissance or special operations. Of course I am just citing one way of using them, I suggested let the 262 in Ruhr because they were becoming more constant at the end of the conflict. In allied reports and especially for this type of battle, they were used at low altitude with heavy escort of fighters like the 190D-9

Allow 8x 262s in a battle with 80 players...  Well... the Germans never reached such a relative amount of jets at 1945 front. Also, this would destroy the multiplayer dynamics

I'll re-evaluate the list I made, thanks for the tips. Remembering that is just a simple suggestion!

Thank you for highlighting this, the planeset is reworked, and some other changes are done. 
Soon, our new mission will be updated.

See you around.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Then we have no more business.

Hardly, I'm active and annoying.   :)

I can abide by your rules when Best Server for Fly is dead. I can still think they suck and let you know in forum now and then.

Just want to thank you guys for this server, in my opinion it is the best server around. Love the long flights! I come from many years of il2 1946 and this server is what the sim needed, reminds me of AoE and Spits vs 109's. Happy memories! Looking forward to the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, II./JG77_Foch said:

Spits vs 109's. Happy memories! Looking forward to the future.

The owner of this server was British. So... as the Blue team was bigger and won many battles, he sometimes put the 109F-4 against the Spitfire VIII. But ... most of the missions were very faithful, focused mainly on the western front

He did some missions with the German jets. But limited, 2x for a server with 60 players if  i'm not mistake. These jets were virtually untouchable during the battle

(G)old times... 

5 hours ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Image result for dog  sucking up after doing  bad thing cartoon

Too old to meme out there in WA? Are you one of the pommie escapees?

I earnt my sunny disposition working the Pilbara as a scaffi. I guess you don't FIFO? WA wasn't full of softies when I was last there.

13 minutes ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

It all makes sense now !  scaffi above or below !  mate😀  I do it via Learjet  when i feel like it :big_boss: 

Ooooh jelly. I'm still youngish and on the tools. Started my own show now though. Maybe I'll fly in on a Learjet one day too. Not yet though.... Still down in the weeds.

Hello Everybody!

Our rules are updated! Please read them carefully!

We are looking for somebody who could help us to translate some english sentences to russian. Thank you in advance, please convo me.

See you around.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN