-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]vad-asz said:

Hi !

we have maps where the AFs are closer to each other, like Moscow1941Autumn or the Stalingrad1942Autumn and sure we working on new maps.

That's great to know - but please don't change the character of your map setup - for those not willing to fly long distances there is already WOL or

BERLOGA. Your server is already great as is - thank you.

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

That's great to know - but please don't change the character of your map setup - for those not willing to fly long distances there is already WOL or

BERLOGA. Your server is already great as is - thank you.

Thank you for your comment !

In April 1943 Pokryskhins squadron(16 GIAP/9 GIAP) took off from Krasnador Airfield while Hartmanns(JG52) took off from Anapa. Sure you have to exaggerate it with WoL. But making something closer doesn't mean you have to move it up to 40km close to each other. It just means closer. I care about historical accuracy.

CloseR =! Close

• Upvote 1

I've noticed (since I've last played) that even though the ground targets are far away, they still do very little to deplete the fuel load of the Pe-2.  I think, on some maps (not all), high-value targets should be placed at the back of the map - farther away from the front lines than even the player airfields.  These would NOT replace the front-line targets, but would give bomber  pilots who enjoy 1 flight nearly taking the entire mission timer to complete challenges.  If the ground targets were 'behind' the enemy airfields, then part of the challenge would be to circumvent the enemy fighter fields without being detected.  The fighters might appreciate it too because these targets in the back might end up being closer to their home airfields than the frontline targets.  The choice for fighters would be to patrol the frontline targets and expend more fuel but, have a good chance of seeing enemies, or patrol the back-line targets for less fuel cost but, have a significantly lower chance of finding enemies. 

It's just a guess from me but, there are probably a decent amount of bomber pilots who enjoy having the option to take on 60 - 90 minute 'endurance' flights as part of their online experience.  I'm sure many flights like this were accomplished on TAW - not that I think that KOTA should be a TAW clone, I just say it for example.

Being that these extra targets wouldn't change the main frontline targets I think it could be something to consider.  From my point of view, there's a reason the Pe-2 and planes like it, or larger, have large fuel tanks and  radio antenna masts - especially when it comes to anti-ship and edge-of-range anti-factory missions.   

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Upvote 4

Hello Everybody! 
As the next update is almost here, We like You to know that on KOTA, the new planes will be available as soon as I can download the update. We already started to build up a whole new fantasy mission, especially for the new planes, and we have more ideas for 2 more. Of course, suggestions about new missions are warmly welcomed. 
Feel free to join us every day!

See you around, Fellow Aviators!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody! 
As the next update is almost here, We like You to know that on KOTA, the new planes will be available as soon as I can download the update. We already started to build up a whole new fantasy mission, especially for the new planes, and we have more ideas for 2 more. Of course, suggestions about new missions are warmly welcomed. 
Feel free to join us every day!

See you around, Fellow Aviators!

Only BoBp ( western ) planes ?

7 hours ago, 2/JG26_Miris said:

Only BoBp ( western ) planes ?

No. There will be missions focused on those planes, for sure, but our early war missions will stay in our rotation too. 

2 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

I had a Question to the Flight 14.11.18 at 11.49.

I was only dropped Bombs and destroyed 6x T34 with it.

Mission Report says i do 3650 shots  with 0% Gunnery Accuracy!

I did not one Shot!

Is there an Bug in the Mission Report?

http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/37628/?tour=4

Yes, that is a bug. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, =L/R=Shoki said:

Hi !

Turn off GPS permanently pls.

Hi!

Yeah, in the future in time and by the way GPS is off tomorrow again. Have fun !

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz

Strange situation... Just got shot down and bailed into the ocean.  My pilot was uninjured, but it said I was killed when I hit the water.  I had a good 6 seconds of the chute being fully open. Wasn't this enough?

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

40 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Strange situation... Just got shot down and bailed into the ocean.  My pilot was uninjured, but it said I was killed when I hit the water.  I had a good 6 seconds of the chute being fully open. Wasn't this enough?

Whenever you jump into water you will be given as dead.

2 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Whenever you jump into water you will be given as dead.

I find that interesting because the pilot who shot me down also had to bail but exited the server before he touched the water.  He only got counted as a bail out. 

Not only that, I was completely unaware that a 1 second burst from a 109 G6 could obliterate a Pe-2 like a full direct hit from a FW-190.  I mean, the only thing left of my plane was the cockpit section.  The wings and tail were completely ripped off in tiny pieces.   I guess it can happen, but I was expecting to see a full direct hit from a 190 did the damage when I looked at the sortie recap on the KOTA stats site.  

The other strange thing is that a 109 took a pass at me and my gunner called out then fired.  The 109 started to turn around and I started to climb to prevent him from getting to me again.  15 seconds later my plane exploded without my gunner giving any warning that a second enemy was after me or firing a single shot.  Looking at the sortie log, I can only assume that the plane my gunner shot at and was well ahead of me before I exploded was this plane. The 'second' plane that I thought got the kill wasn't really there at all. 

I guess I'll just chalk it up to netcode and ping being quite the funny animal at times... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Love the sever guys - keep up the good work!

Thank you ! New map incoming soon after new IL-2 update.

• Thanks 1

Hello, Fellow Aviators!

As the new update is almost here, we would like to inform You about our plans for the future.
As you know, we are already preparing our new scenario including the new planes. The new map's planeset will contains only British and U.S. planes including the new ones, and German. 
Until the map would be finished, and would be ready for launch, we will give You the brand new planes included to our KubanSummer1944 map.
The reason is to provide You a good opportunity to learn the new planes flight model and dogfight capabilities. As soon as our artificial Pre-Bodenplatte map would be launched, the new planes will be removed from the KubanSummer1944 mission. 

See you around!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello, Fellow Aviators!

As the new update is almost here, we would like to inform You about our plans for the future.
As you know, we are already preparing our new scenario including the new planes. The new map's planeset will contains only British and U.S. planes including the new ones, and German. 
Until the map would be finished, and would be ready for launch, we will give You the brand new planes included to our KubanSummer1944 map.
The reason is to provide You a good opportunity to learn the new planes flight model and dogfight capabilities. As soon as our artificial Pre-Bodenplatte map would be launched, the new planes will be removed from the KubanSummer1944 mission. 

See you around!

How many maps will include only US and British planes? And will there be any maps with a mix of some or all of the BoBP planes and competitive Soviet planes included as some kind of, 'this didn't actually happen but 'what if' kind of scenario'?

30 minutes ago, Disarray said:

How many maps will include only US and British planes? And will there be any maps with a mix of some or all of the BoBP planes and competitive Soviet planes included as some kind of, 'this didn't actually happen but 'what if' kind of scenario'?

There will be mission like those, too. 
But, we need time to build them. 
Everything will be described here.

Greetings, Fellow Aviators!

The new planes has been added to our KubanSummer1944 mission!
Soon, it will be uploaded to our server, and will be live non-stop.

See you around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Greetings, Fellow Aviators!

The new planes has been added to our KubanSummer1944 mission!
Soon, it will be uploaded to our server, and will be live non-stop.

See you around.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Very good server with lots of people! Thank you for your work!

But please, can you turn off gps completely(not only at weekends) and make targets not so far away from airfields. Thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For some reason I cannot connect to this server. I can connect to various other servers but not this one. Anyone else having issues with that?

They may be updating the server to the new version and adding the new planes.

Could be. I can see on the server list that people are playing on the server. Oddly I'm not getting any ping data from that server but all the others.

2 hours ago, Disarray said:

The connection issue I was having seems to have cleared up.

Any suggestions? I still can't connect.

I didn't do anything special, really, it just started working for me. You might try deleting the MP dogfight files so the server will resend them to you.

Hi guys,

I want to ask if you have already some experience with the new update and if the changes are noticeable on FPS and server performance.

(and btw I had also more fun on KoTA while GPS was turned off :) )

Thanks

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, klobuk said:

Hi guys,

I want to ask if you have already some experience with the new update and if the changes are noticeable on FPS and server performance.

(and btw I had also more fun on KoTA while GPS was turned off :) )

Thanks

I think everything feels much smoother. Was flying KOTA this morning and it was smooth as butter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I think everything feels much smoother. Was flying KOTA this morning and it was smooth as butter.

That's nice to hear :) thanks for your reply.  I'm looking forward to test it today.

• Upvote 2

Today the il2_stats updated to 1.2.27 due the new update and the main banner updated on the stats page.

The P-47 manual attached on the Discord forum #gifs-pics-videos-pdf section.

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19
  • Upvote 2