-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

8 hours ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Hi Admins,

nice flying on 29.09.2018 without gps. Had the best flight for a long time, low level long distance fighter bomber mission on the HQ in the south east.

On the winter map it was not easy to navigate, but was so much fun :yahoo:. Please give us more days of navigation fun :biggrin:.

By the way is there a way, that you open an other possibility to download the KOTA skinpack?

And do you think about something like this in the future for your server?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/39549-mod-draw-distance-increase-ships-stalingrad-smoke/

If yes is there a possibility for the server admin to only allow, lets say a KOTA skin and modpack?

So we could use the best of the game with the best of the community, without having different Skin and modpacks running on 1 server.

Hi 3./JG15_HansPhillipp,

well done and good job, but now you need to do a even better job next month :P:biggrin:.

regards

Little_D

We will discuss and test it. Thank you for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

I keep getting kicked for #10003, 

I think your Ping was to high.

11 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

No wonder you are getting this message for bad ping - you live on MARS???!!!

😆

Edited by -[HRAF]Grunf
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

Mastiff can u check your ping at the Dserver as our server is running smoothly? I think this is the problem.

Welcome Fellow Aviators!
We made our own Awards system wich is currently working in beta phase. 
All of them will be described later. 

See you around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

Mastiff can u check your ping at the Dserver as our server is running smoothly? I think this is the problem.

Im having router problems it turn out so I'll check on it today.

#10009 not my connection I have 1GB download and 400mb; up so not sure what's up, never had this issue until this update.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

You might try running a speed test or a trace rout to Hungary, where the server is located if you think it is a network issue. The Trace rout is easy, instructions for them are all over the place, and might give you an idea where the problem lies, it spits out a list of IPs and pings. With that info you might be able to work the issue out with your ISP.

8 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Why does the site take so long to update the latest results?
I hope I'm not being inconvenient :P

We are testing our Award system. Sorry for any invonveniences. 

See you around. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmySolarium said:

Nice Flying yesterday, thanks for the server! 🙂

We are glad that you like it. 

See you around.

Two Completed missions out of five today  the rest were two game crashing and one disconnect, No fault of server but possibly the disconnect with a hiccup somewhere along the many thousands of kilometers between Australia and Hungry 🌩️ Amazing stability considering !  That aside I do enjoy the Stalingrad in the snow mission  I have noticed one thing when flying in the snow  a loud clunking every now and then like a bombs being released ! is icing modeled in the game as in wing ice  ! I doubt it but just a thought . 

Game server connection lost is a master server issue dont blame Dserver server hosts

I was running a trace route and when i had 10003 the connection to server did not drop out and the ping was under 380ms (this was on wings btw)
it was the connection to Masterserver that dropped out.
sometimes you will also get that "connection to master server lost" message and then there is no servers in the list till you restart the game.

Maybe next patch it will be fixed. 😄

• Sad 1

Thanks a lot for the new server that’s exactly what I was looking for !!

I can’t wait to try it out 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

Edited by taeadler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Totally noob here.....

Where can I find the server so I can start flying?

I have made an account, but I can't find any servers in the game 😖

Edited by OSRS72

9 minutes ago, OSRS72 said:

Totally noob here.....

Where can I find the server so I can start flying?

I have made an account, but I can't find any servers in the game 😖

Uncheck MODS box in SETTINGS > GAME, go to MULTIPLAYER > DOGFIGHT.

You're welcome! :salute:

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:07 AM, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Thankyou HB ) I see the stats page  is not updating (3 days ) or has it moved via Discord ?

No, we were doing some tests, and it will be fixed in the next hours. 

Edit: We updated our statistic website.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

Hello Everybody! We are ready to present You our new Stalingrad1942Autumn mission! 
During building this mission, we gathered many original pictures from  the Battle of Stalingrad to reconstruct the Red October Factory in Stalingrad, and the industrial target for Beketovka. 
Now, they are destroyable! 
This mission is now live.

See you around!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Test drove these nice He-111 skins on your server this evening:

IL-2__Sturmovik__Battle_of_Stalingrad_Screenshot_2018_10.19_-_23_12_54_60.png

Video is available here:

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/19/2018 at 11:48 PM, [DBS]TH0R said:

Video is available here:

Nice formation [DBS]!

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2018 at 11:48 PM, [DBS]TH0R said:

Video is available here:

Very nice bomb run. It looked amazing from below, when I was flying with my squad in a much smaller Stuka formation. 
The sight of so many bomber pilots cooperating, finally convinced my squadmates to try a He-111😅. Good job! :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I found the Random expert server great with no gps and limits for your planes like the Taw or Random. There, the (pilot) lol players will think twice about whether they will moor at the same height on the six with a rear shooter. Thus, it would also be great if there would be a timeline( 1941-, 1942..) with a dynamic front run and more target on enemy area thus it would be worthwhile with bombing from high altitude to drop the bombs.

So far, almost all servers are quite arcade, you die or lose a plane and then sit back in a hunter.

6 minutes ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Anyway moving on , Is there somewhere you can view  what medals 🎖️are available for Axis and Allied on KOTA apart from those awarded already ? thanks 

Yes of course. You can find the link on the main post. 

Hi, was flying today a couple of sorties and had some really weird kill credit results:

http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/log/23418/?tour=3
Sortie from the other guys perspective:
http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/log/23439/?tour=3

http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/log/23484/?tour=3

In both cases I destroyed someone who got damaged earlier and despite the fact that I shot the hell out of them, the first guy got the credit.
Most likey you cant do anything how the server credit kills, but that stroke me as very odd.

The first one plainly bailed after my hits and the second one ditched aircraft. But the engine seized up after a good burst of mine. Very weird.

Edited by DerSheriff

2 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Hi, was flying today a couple of sorties and had some really weird kill credit results:

In both cases I destroyed someone who got damaged earlier and despite the fact that I shot the hell out of them, the first guy got the credit.
Most likey you cant do anything how the server credit kills, but that stroke me as very odd.

The first one plainly bailed after my hits and the second one ditched aircraft. But the engine seized up after a good burst of mine. Very weird.

It's consistent across servers Sheriff. 

I've only looked at the first sortie but your damage % was less than the guy that hit him first according to the stats. 

Something changed in the last patch. You will notice a lot more damage attributed to no-one, where before it would have been attributed to the person that hit them last. 

Possibly when they break a wing due to excessive G and too much sustained damage, that damage they 'self' inflicted is no longer counted. You see this by the large % damages not being assigned to the last plane that hit anymore. 

Bailing out also has the kill assigned to the plane that did most damage.

At least that's my interpretation. 

I've been awarded many kills this last month+ when a teammate has finished them off, and same in the reverse.

My flying was done on WOL, so it's not server specific. 

8 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Something was changed with the last patch, Devs stated it will be changed again. Thank you for highlighting this. 

See you around.

44 minutes ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead89250 said:

Some pics from yesterday's flying with a larger group from Hospiz squad. KOTA is perfect server for squadron flying. We love it❤️

2018_10_25__19_41_7.thumb.jpg.f6f61c8937bc05db5509a7c1c168d7fb.jpg2018_10_25__21_2_33.thumb.jpg.adcfce50801208e86c87c1fae4775dbf.jpg20181025221837_1.thumb.jpg.f2e228270e7dd2768758b0df8ca336a2.jpg2018_10_25__20_24_52.thumb.jpg.c2d63cd6bf76815ad02a692d7257c3e8.jpg2018_10_25__21_0_49.thumb.jpg.97e04d672410ecc3dfc1e6b555113132.jpg

Nice formation, thank you for joinining! 

See you around!

Hi Pilots !

Our GPS Off Event started again tomorrow. GPS will be off until Sunday.

Have fun !
See you in the Sky !