[MOD] Icons

Ptk

18 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Yep, good question!

I've unpacked most of the files but I can't find any reference to the damn thing at all. The compass is removed by editing swf\il2\gauges\id.txt but there's no reference to the G-meter in there. I've also found graphics for the compass but nothing for the G-meter there either. Not sure where else to look, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Goffik said:

I've unpacked most of the files but I can't find any reference to the damn thing at all. The compass is removed by editing swf\il2\gauges\id.txt but there's no reference to the G-meter in there. I've also found graphics for the compass but nothing for the G-meter there either. Not sure where else to look, to be honest.

I did the same and didn't find anything too

On 8/4/2020 at 2:20 PM, Goffik said:

The Swf.gtp file is slightly bigger than the unpacked folder (809 vs 807 MB).

Maybe unGTP doesn't unpack everything from the archive?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sniperton said:

Maybe unGTP doesn't unpack everything from the archive?

That's a real possibility. Every GTP file I unpack ends with an error message saying "unknown type encountered" in the console window. Maybe it's unpacking up to the point where something has been added with a patch, and then stops.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goffik said:

Maybe it's unpacking up to the point where something has been added with a patch, and then stops.

Or it doesn't have the new content at all. My Swf.gtp has a timestamp of 11 July, while the last patch was on 14 July according to my updates folder.

In this case I wonder why and how the extracted old id.txt is otherwise working as designed.

3 hours ago, sniperton said:

Or it doesn't have the new content at all. My Swf.gtp has a timestamp of 11 July, while the last patch was on 14 July according to my updates folder.

But hasn't the g-meter been in since before the latest patch? I'm not sure since there have been at least a couple of patches since I last played. Thing is, I've unpacked everything except the Maps/Planes/Skins/Vehicles GTP files and still haven't found it. I suppose it could be in one of those files... I might unpack them when I have the time, but that's a hell of a space.

IMO what really matters here is that the graphic representation of the G-meter cannot be found. Wait off the next update and perhaps we'll see what the heck is all this about.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/26/2018 at 8:52 PM, Ptk said:

Something like this?

2018_8_26__18_46_52.jpg

ICON_D_D_NL_SMLR_T_SQ.rar

Am I doing something wrong ? ... I tried couple of versions but never got distance ?

Whatever I activate,  trought JGSME,  I only got small triangles or spots ? 

Are there any active mods with a distance ??

Edited by esk_pedja

1 hour ago, esk_pedja said:

Are there any active mods with a distance ??

It's something you could probably tweak yourself. This mod removes the text by deleting the letters and numbers from the font file. If you unpack the original file and just delete the letters, I'm guessing the range will still work.

59 minutes ago, Goffik said:

It's something you could probably tweak yourself. This mod removes the text by deleting the letters and numbers from the font file. If you unpack the original file and just delete the letters, I'm guessing the range will still work.

And how to decrease triangle ? Cant find original font file... Can you upload it as on picture above for a day or two ?!?

Edited by esk_pedja

And how to decrease triangle ?

You open the icon file in an image editing app and reduce the size to whatever you like. Or even change the shape completely, if you want.

Cant find original font file...

You'll need to unpack it from the game files. I may have it here somewhere, will check later and upload it if I do.

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

Thanks for these mods, a must have!

However, besides just dots near aircarft/ground units (that I obtain using ICON_D_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT), I like to have the map with ground icons but no aircraft except mine. I tried ICON_Map_All_Planes_Off_3102 but my plane is also invisible... is there any mods for that?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, sevenless said:

Many thanks mate!

I decreased a bit triangle and made an arrow shape... I think that a small arrow shape is the best... not much different in game - but looks better.

👍

Arrowed triangle:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/s3x7id6qdedsq/data

Edited by esk_pedja
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, esk_pedja said:

Many thanks mate!

I decreased a bit triangle and made an arrow shape... I think that a small arrow shape is the best... not much different in game - but looks better.

👍

You are welcome. Please upload your mod of the mod, so that others also have the chance to try it. I guess you are not the only one who likes your individual mod.

• 6 months later...
iicarus

Is this mod no longer available? It seems as though all of the files have been deleted.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:48 PM, iicarus said:

Is this mod no longer available? It seems as though all of the files have been deleted.

The downloads work fine for me.

• 1 month later...
PivoYvo

Hi.

i´m very interested in this mod but haven´t found the correct one for me yet, maybe you can say which version i should take, or what to modify in the files.

I want everything as it is just hide the plane name and pilot name so basically just the triangle and distance as marker over the plane.

Thank you.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:27 PM, PivoYvo said:

Hi.

i´m very interested in this mod but haven´t found the correct one for me yet, maybe you can say which version i should take, or what to modify in the files.

I want everything as it is just hide the plane name and pilot name so basically just the triangle and distance as marker over the plane.

Thank you.

Try reading the thread. Not only is there a version that does that, the files that need to be edited to make your own version are also mentioned multiple times.

• Upvote 1

PivoYvo
15 hours ago, Goffik said:

Try reading the thread. Not only is there a version that does that, the files that need to be edited to make your own version are also mentioned multiple times.

I´m gonna go through the Thread again, with more open eyes, maybe i found it not because english is not my native Language. Sorry and Thank You.

Yes with more patience in reeading, i think i found the right one for me thanks again.

Edited by PivoYvo

2 hours ago, PivoYvo said:

I´m gonna go through the Thread again, with more open eyes, maybe i found it not because english is not my native Language. Sorry and Thank You.

Yes with more patience in reeading, i think i found the right one for me thanks again.

Since I've also downloaded various versions but still haven't found the icon set displaying only distance as well as the colored triangles, could you please report which icon set you've discovered that fits that description?  

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Oh, and by the way PivoYvo, I'm a native English speaker and you have nothing to apologize for!

Edited by ssn650

PivoYvo
10 hours ago, ssn650 said:

Since I've also downloaded various versions but still haven't found the icon set displaying only distance as well as the colored triangles, could you please report which icon set you've discovered that fits that description?  

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Oh, and by the way PivoYvo, I'm a native English speaker and you have nothing to apologize for!

I found the ICON_D_D_NL_M_RB_T_SMGU for me. 

But it has NO Distance marker, cause the numbers from the fonts dds files are cleared. I read something, in this thread, about the extraction of these files but the person who tried this had no Luck doing it so I don´t think I will have more Luck.

So no distance but the rest is good for me. hope this helped a bit.

Edited by PivoYvo

8 hours ago, PivoYvo said:

I found the ICON_D_D_NL_M_RB_T_SMGU for me. 

But it has NO Distance marker, cause the numbers from the fonts dds files are cleared. I read something, in this thread, about the extraction of these files but the person who tried this had no Luck doing it so I don´t think I will have more Luck.

So no distance but the rest is good for me. hope this helped a bit.

Thank you!

Yes, that's the icon set I'm currently using, since I have a hard time reading the default text displaying target distances anyway and am trying to get comfortable with the Spitfire's gyro gunsight so I know when to shoot when in convergence range.  Coming from IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, I'm surprised that we're not offered the same options for displaying icons in Great Battles.  Also, I liked being able to set up my gunsight after I'd pressed PAUSE so I didn't have to do so "on the fly" but am now slowing down time before making these adjustments and returning to the fray!  Great Battles is definitely a challenge with a long learning curve, especially with the lack of helpful mods (NGHUD, NGMAP, etc.) to assist novice pilots on their journey to mastering the game.  

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Spikos
Posted (edited)

I was able to disable the compass but i would also like to disable speed and the altimeter. I know i can disable the hole instrument table in the options but then the markers for planes and ground units is also gone. 

Edited by Spikos

• 3 weeks later...
Serdalf

Is there a way to put the little icon that indicates the leader of the group on one of the mod icons?
Thank you

• 1 month later...
Erminas

Sorry if I am necro-ing this thread a bit, but I was wondering if there is a way to remove "marker arrows" while keeping just plain triangle/dot markers?

spacer.png

On 7/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, Erminas said:

... is a way to remove "marker arrows" while keeping just plain triangle/dot markers?

Yes. If you read through the thread, myself and others have already explained what to do in order to customise this mod to your own requirements. All you need is an image editor.

• 1 month later...

Nice!

Besides all of this nice work I want an icon Mod that only shows aircraft type a 1.5k and closer friend and foe and Friendly Pilot name at 500 meters and closer, to make identification closer to what you have in In real life.

Any of ya have that idea also?