Ptk

[MOD] Icons

21 hours ago, XIIIrowdyb00t said:

What about the icons on ground units? Could you do the same with these like on planes small black,red or blue dots. Thanks for the mod by the way I love it:good:

Glad you like it. That's do-able, and I messed around with it, but found it not helpful if all the icons were basically the same.

Yeah I see what you mean. However a lot of times, say when your coming down on a soft column, the icons often hide the trucks so I usually just turn off the icons when diving and turn them back on when climbing. This causes some lag for me I suppose because of VR. Anyway thanks for the reply Ptk

11 hours ago, XIIIrowdyb00t said:

Yeah I see what you mean. However a lot of times, say when your coming down on a soft column, the icons often hide the trucks so I usually just turn off the icons when diving and turn them back on when climbing. This causes some lag for me I suppose because of VR. Anyway thanks for the reply Ptk

If you're playing VR, you should have a look on my mod because it allow to dynamically change icons and to enabled/disable them without having to use the ingame function. So no lag. You'll just to have to modify the key mapping in d3dx.ini to add a disable state for your state.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

If you're playing VR, you should have a look on my mod because it allow to dynamically change icons and to enabled/disable them without having to use the ingame function. So no lag. You'll just to have to modify the key mapping in d3dx.ini to add a disable state for your state.

I already downloaded your mod, love it by the way, so I’ll give that a try. I like leaving the icons on I just thought maybe if they were smaller it would help 

Great mod! I did however notice that when used with the Fokker Dr.I, often you will see three dots instead of one. Here is a quick pic showing this off. Sometimes they are all in a row above the plane, sometimes (as in this pic) they are in a triangle shape and other times it looks like one is above it with the other two dots just beyond the planes wingtips.

il2 3 dots.jpg

You know what? I see what it is. It's not that its showing three dots for all DR.I's, its showing three dots now for any "bracketed" plane. By default I think the game highlights those priority/waypointed targets with brackets. Your mod seems to have modified that behavior so you just get three dots now. Sorry for the false alarm.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt
clarification

Yeah, you must be using one of the icon_nav files. :)

On 8/15/2018 at 1:17 AM, Ptk said:

Thought I'd share this, probably needs more testing, so if you find anything weird with it, let me know. 

Removes the distance indication, the direction marker, plane label, and the triangle is smaller. 

Added some customization options.

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT  - changes the triangle to a small dot

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_T(triangle)  - original cleaned up a bit cause I'm sloppy

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_T.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SMLR(smaller)_T(triangle) - same as SM_T, but a smaller triangle

ICON_D_D_NL_SMLR_T.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_BLK(black)_DOT -all planes (enemies and friendlies) have a small black dot

ICON_D_D_NL_SM_BLK_DOT.rar

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SMLR(smaller)_T(triangle)_SQ(square)  -smaller vehicle target square

ICON_D_D_NL_SMLR_T_SQ.rar

ICON_NAV    - targeting square smaller and changed to 2 angled arrows , not sure I like everything about this one. Also removed the waypoint "teardrop circle".

Ignore jsgme warnings, its in the same folder as the icon mods, but a different file

ICON_NAV.rar

ICON_NAV_SQ -changed waypoints to a smaller (filled in) square

ICON_NAV_SQ.rar

ICON_NAV_v2  -square around the nav icons instead of the teardrop and adjusted the target box

ICON_NAV_v2.rar

ICON_NAV_DMD -changed waypoints to a smaller (filled in) diamond

ICON_NAV_DMD.rar

ICON_NAV_Del  -deleted waypoints

ICON_NAV_Del.rar

This is awesome!  Thank You!!!

Is there an option to remove the bracketed enemy?

Icon_nav_del gets rid of the bracket and waypoints. You can still navigate by waypoint by using the map.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ptk said:

Icon_nav_del gets rid of the bracket and waypoints. You can still navigate by waypoint by using the map.

Nice one Ptk:salute:

On 8/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Ptk said:

Glad you like it and glad you suggested it, I like it that way too.

Very cool! Can I still join servers that don’t allow mods with this on? Thanks.

Hi Ptk! First of all thank you very much for your fantastic mods. Exelent job indeed.

Could you make a mod that would allow us to see picture as on the screen below. No compass with numbers but icons.

2018_10_28__14_36_22.jpg

Probably do-able, just have to dig around for the correct textures. I'll look at it when I have time.

It might be easier/quicker for Lefenuste to add it to his 3dmigoto mod.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2018 at 1:31 AM, sevenless said:

Hi Ptk,

I really love your mod. If you have the time could you adapt the following of your mods with the direction marker still being in?

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_RB(red blue)_DOT    - changes the triangle to a small dot

My skill and eyesight isn´t the best and I would really appreciate this little help.

Thanks in advance!

PtK,

sorry to ask, but would it be possible for you add the unit ID text information to that mod ? Would help for some missions. Another question: Is the switch between plane ID and pilot name hardcoded or is it somehow possible to avoid having shown the pilot name and only the plane type?

ICON_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT.rar

Thanks!

On 10/31/2018 at 5:21 PM, sevenless said:

PtK,

sorry to ask, but would it be possible for you add the unit ID text information to that mod ? Would help for some missions. Another question: Is the switch between plane ID and pilot name hardcoded or is it somehow possible to avoid having shown the pilot name and only the plane type?

ICON_D_NL_SM_RB_DOT.rar

Thanks!

Unless I'm missing something they share the same font. If you want the labels back, disable the mod, rename the fonts folder to -fonts and enable the mod again.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:39 AM, Aurelius said:

Hi Ptk! First of all thank you very much for your fantastic mods. Exelent job indeed.

Could you make a mod that would allow us to see picture as on the screen below. No compass with numbers but icons.

2018_10_28__14_36_22.jpg

no_compass.rar

• Thanks 1

Map icons.

These files are no longer valid after 3010. Use the ones farther down.

Edited by Ptk
Removed files
  • Upvote 1

Hi Ptk.

I use icon nav delete mod. Which mod takes away km/height and weapons. Stumped on my old computer I did not have this. Thanks in advance.

2018_12_3__10_43_15.thumb.jpg.4d3fc3868b3fc6870e7539dbefd8625e.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 1:38 AM, Ptk said:

I was using the 'other planes off' setting until today, worked always well. But now it seems the devs have changed something related to the icons and I got them again. The 'small icon' feature and the other things seem to be ok.

It would be very nice if you could have a look if possible.

Thanks.

Edited by vonGraf

Files no longer valid.

Edited by Ptk
Removed files

Thanks.

I tested 'other planes off' (without any other mod) and it worked so far but I got this 'symbol' as my plane icon.

2019_2_8__11_12_14.jpg

On 2/8/2019 at 5:35 AM, vonGraf said:

Thanks.

I tested 'other planes off' (without any other mod) and it worked so far but I got this 'symbol' as my plane icon.

2019_2_8__11_12_14.jpg

Yeah, these incremental patches keep borking it. 

Edited by Ptk
Removed files

...but not for long. The c update broke the  'other planes off' again. They're back and have the look pictured below, the player's icon is ok.

Everything else that's not on the map is right as well here (small dots, diamond navi icons, ground forces, target brackets).

Would be cool when you could fix it again. Thank you.

2019_2_15__19_8_14.jpg

Hi, nice icon mod, can you add a set also for Tank Crew game? i want to see a icon mod with only compass on screen, if you add various icon options similar with icons set for bos is perfect

I would just want black dots for spotting enemy planes better, I don't use instrument panel (or what is it called, lower left corner). Just the dots and nothing else. Is it possible with this mod and does the mod even work nowadays?

I would also like this, links does not work anymore unfortunately.

Weird, I just checked. Downloads fine.

Hey, Ptk -- I really like the "Other Planes Off" mod for the map.

Any chance you'll re-introduce the "All Planes Off" mod?

Thanks.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, Hedeyex said:

I would just want black dots for spotting enemy planes better, I don't use instrument panel (or what is it called, lower left corner). Just the dots and nothing else. Is it possible with this mod and does the mod even work nowadays?

Tried this one?

ICON_D(distance)_D(direction)_NL(no labels)_SM(small)_BLK(black)_DOT -all planes (enemies and friendlies) have a small black dot

Can confirm these mods still work.

Many thanks Ptk, these are exactly what this game needs.

Salute !

Wow Ptk this is game changing. A huge improvement for immersion. 

I will spend more $$$ supporting our shared hobby thanks to you :) 

• Like 1