Fang333333

I was completely ignored by support.

I needed to come on here to rant. I always feel like I have to clarify that I was a big fan of this sim. I preordered many things and I made Youtube/facebook videos about the sim. I even preordered Bodenplatte which I have yet to play. I then fell victim to the revoked Steam codes (my first 4 purchases were from Steam, then I bought directly from the site ever since). My game now does not work. I wrote multiple emails over a week ago, nobody bothered to respond. My bank says I can go through and have the charges reversed (11 purchases from the site).

I just wanted to again come on here to vent my rage at how betrayed I feel by the developers. I love the online community, I was very patient and understanding, but in the end nobody from support gave a crap to even respond to me. The forum was wonderful but the developers seemed to care less.

If you have any constructive suggestions, please post. Otherwise I'm used to being ignored.

Srry to hear about your trouble..really cannot tell you what to do and I know it is very frustrating

I guess you could have the charges reversed and then re-buy from their website..

I would be patient these guys are super solid and sooner later you will get your issues solved

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J5_Sturm said:

Have you tried sending Jason a private message?

No I will try that right now thanks

22 minutes ago, J5_Sturm said:

Have you tried sending Jason a private message?

Why would you waste the publisher's time when they pay somebody to do support for them?

50 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

-snip-

Their support "team" is a one man operation.

Put yourself in his shoes and imagine the sudden, unexpected workload he had dumped in to his lap because of a content/licensing fault on Steam's end.

Edited by Space_Ghost

52 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

I was very patient and understanding, but in the end nobody from support gave a crap to even respond to me.

Has anyone heard from Customer Support during their vacation? 

6 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Their support "team" is a one man operation.

So blame the customer instead?

2 minutes ago, HiIIBiIIy said:

Has anyone heard from Customer Support during their vacation? 

I must have missed the support teams personal schedule in my email.

3 minutes ago, HiIIBiIIy said:

Wow,  I'm sorry I asked a question.🤐

No I generally have no idea if they are on vacation. If they are its a good question!

So I'm guessing that your initial installation is screwed up because the key is no longer valid.  But you've got at least one or more modules, with valid keys, that were purchased from the IL-2 store, correct?  Did you do a clean uninstall of your original content, and then log in to the IL-2 store, redownload it, and then doing a clean installation?  

Edited by SeaSerpent

I believe they are on holiday at this time.

2.Be patient

3.Don't rant, that won't help anyone.

4.Don't keep firing off multiple PMs/Tickets. One is enough.

5.Be even more patient.

20 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Where did I blame you for anything?

Let's quit wasting our time with this person. There is nothing we can do for him but hope the situation gets sorted out. 😐

On 8/14/2018 at 1:13 PM, SeaSerpent said:

So I'm guessing that your initial installation is screwed up because the key is no longer valid.  But you've got at least one or more modules, with valid keys, that were purchased from the IL-2 store, correct?  Did you do a clean uninstall of your original content, and then log in to the IL-2 store, redownload it, and then doing a clean installation?  

Yeah I have most the purchases from the site but the initial was from steam so its all fubar somehow.

Im aftaid of losing the progress in game by doing clean install

15 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

Yeah I have most the purchases from the site but the initial was from steam so its all fubar somehow.

Im aftaid of losing the progress in game by doing clean install

Well, you're already completely hosed, so just take the horns by the bull and do it.

If I wanted to do a clean reinstall, but retain things, I would make a copy of the data/input directory (to save control mappings), the data/luascripts directory (default and snapviews), and if I had campaigns or careers I would probably make a copy of the data/campaigns and data/careers directories.  Then I would uninstall and reinstall, and copy those folders or files in as necessary to get back to where I was.  Maybe there are other files you would need to restore in order to retain your old careers or campaigns, and if so, maybe somebody who knows about campaigns or careers can chime in.

Edited by SeaSerpent

If I do the clean, and backup, would I even beable to do career since bos and bom are "revoked". All others are straight web purchases.

2 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

If I do the clean, and backup, would I even beable to do career since bos and bom are "revoked". All others are straight web purchases.

My guess would be no, but I really don't know, because I haven't done a career in IL-2.  You are going to have to repurchase BoS and BoM anyway, so I would do that first, and if that doesn't fix your problem with the old installation, then you could proceed to the reinstall as the next step.  And I don't know anything about how Steam plays into all this, because I don't use Steam.

Thanks for that Hillbilly, I did read it! I dont believe so, my content used to launch through Steam and they seemed to be both linked. It would present me with a box that showed the codes for the developer and all my addon content would be ingame that I purchased directly from the developer.

Just a side note to all

Please understand my frustration. I had to send in my computer over 2 months ago. It took them 2 months to repair, the only thing I play to relieve stress is this game. Its a stressfull time and I waited so long to escape, eagerly turning on the comp for the 1st time in months only to see I cannot fly. Now im back to waiting with no answers and no end to the waiting in sight.

Thanks all

Fang when you originally bought the game did you buy it directly from Steam or did you by a Steam key for the game from a third party website and then activate it on Steam?

You need to read this carefully to understand what is going on;  it also provides you with a guide as to what to do to get your game working again  

• Upvote 1

I honestly dont remember (I mean that honestly) it could have been 3rd party, I know I did that with another game from Steam. One or 2 may have been 3rd party but all 3 of my Steam purcahses does not sound right. 

I am new to the Steam thing so I really I didnt understand the difference. My original undertanding from the 3rd party sites was that there are various reasons they may be discounted (Unused promos/regional/etc) and not actual piracy. I remember reading forums when researching one of the sites before I purchased an other game. Either way 11 purchases were direct from this site and I cannot access those either.

Getting back on track here, I really dont think all 3 Steam purchases were 3rd party (if they even were) which is why I am really surprised by it being "revoked".

Yeah thats never the case tbh, you wont get a steam key for cheap just because it was purchased in another country for cheap or lower exchange rates or taxes.
(thats not piracy thats Import Tax fraud/Evasion)

so if you install the non Steam Version of the game (launcher from Website)
Can you still not access the Content you bought from the Il2 Website.??

TBH i would dump steam and just go launcher if you want to talk to steam friends you can Add any game to steam and do so even windows Solitare

Also please don't blame the IL2 Devs for steams mistakes and issues.

11 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

Getting back on track here, I really dont think all 3 Steam purchases were 3rd party (if they even were) which is why I am really surprised by it being "revoked".

Before getting back on track, so you understand what has happened here, those third party sites selling cut price Steam keys are facilitating credit card fraud.

This is how it works;  the stolen credit card is used by the thief to buy several Steam keys which he then sells via these cheap third-party sites.  He has effectively laundered this money and it now sits in his own account.  It's important to realise  EVERYONE loses when this happens - you, me, game devs, etc.  Cross border credit card fraud is a very difficult thing to stop.

Recently, when 1CGS upgraded their system in relation to Steam, it became apparent that several hundred of these stolen keys were in circulation.  As is their right, 1CGS revoked these keys as they are victims in this fraud too.

To get back on track, I suspect that the first copy of the game you bought - Battle of Stalingrad - was bought with a Steam key obtained through one of these third party sites?

The way Steam works, your subsequent purchases - through Steam - of Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban are dependent on that original purchase of Battle of Stalingrad.

If that copy is revoked then your subsequent Steam purchases will no longer function either.  You now have three choices;

1)  Abandon the game and subsequent purchases you have made and put it down to experience.

2) Buy Battle of Stalingrad again from either this website or directly through Steam.

3)  Read Jason's announcement in the thread I linked to above carefully and do exactly what he says in it and then wait for support to get round to sorting your account out.

Hope this helps.      

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I told him to go for option 3 a week or so back. 

20 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

-snip-

Just a side note to all

Please understand my frustration.

-snip-

Please understand that your reaction is probably going to leave you with very few people giving you the benefit of doubt.

12 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

-snip-

Also please don't blame the IL2 Devs for steams mistakes and issues.

+1

Edited by Space_Ghost

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Thad said:

Let's quit wasting our time with this person. There is nothing we can do for him but hope the situation gets sorted out. 😐

+1 again.

I like all this snipping and trying to tear apart a supporter of the game. Space_Ghost, Thad and Archie repeating what was already said and adding +1s and 2s ands 3s.

You are contributing nothing here.

I have read the the post thoroughly and it says it may take DAYS to figure out not weeks. Meanwhile a very nice user has sent me 2 codes to work with and I am downloading the launcher now to try and see how this will play out. If you would like to help with that wonderful!

Otherwise, snip someone else's post and be impatient and impractical elsewhere.

To those who are helping and providing info as always, you guys are awesome!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

-snip-

be impatient and impractical

-snip-

>be mad that support isn't responding fast enough

>get mad on the forums, get borderline belligerent, ask for people to be understanding

>complain about how it says DAYS and not WEEKS

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman!

Edited by Space_Ghost

Ok guys. I now have 2 IL-2s on my system. All purchases are back as i run it through the launcher (Thanks to the gifted Moscow and Stalingrad) For the first time I am seeing Bodenplatte! I am now attempting to port the Data from Steam version to Launcher version. I need to get my saves, skins, career's and settings back. Any input would be much appreciated!

Ok so I'm soldiering through this nightmere of moving data from Steam to launcher version. All had been well until at some point i think something got moved over that the launcher version didn't like. Everytime i would go to launching a flight I would get a message that reads something like

"you dont own aircraft or aircraft data has been modified" for every plane.

I cannot figure out what file to avoid moving over to the launcher edition. It sucks cause everytime this happens I have to redownload and reinstall the thing.

Any ideas?

Wait, are you trying to copy the contents of the Steam version and paste it into and over the Il-2 store bought version?  

not worth the trouble imho, i would only move skins and input/control data, search forum for what folders are those in, am at work now, can not look; not sure about campaign data

54 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Wait, are you trying to copy the contents of the Steam version and paste it into and over the Il-2 store bought version?  

that will work perfectly fine it should

Only 3 files were added for steam version Afaik the rest is the same
Steam Id File, Options File and MD5 check file or watever that steam malware they add in each game is

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

that will work perfectly fine it should

Apparently it doesn’t.  :)

Its not just the number of files.  It also is dependent on whether the contents of the core ones being overwritten are completely identical.  

My main concern is

- The graphics config (cuz I had it running reasonable),

- Joystick force feedback setting (I edited this becuase of very low feedback and cant remember where it is), 

- Skins

- Career

I had it going but like I said, in the quest for the graphics I copied over something that made every plane unflyable.

Lol this is a mess