dog1

Purchasing the game difficulties.

hi,i am an avid skinner over at IL2 M4T and i would like to purchase the game , skin and get involved in the community here . I do not have a credit card so what other method or methods can i use to transfer the money from thaiiland .

Hey, dog1 - I guess you can use PayPal, which is good for international payments.
You'd even have a certain purchase protection; but you need to register with PayPal.

hello

i will check with the bank here if they accept to send money into my paypal account abroad . hope this works .   

You can also buy through steam if they sell Stem credit cards on suoermarkets in Thailand. Otherwise you can use a credit card.

is there a trusted suppliers list i can go to to make contact ?   i just opened a paypal account and gave my local bank details , have to wait 3-4 days it says . When i was living in switzerland i had an account and you could put cash in it for payments with the walet function  . here it looks like  payment will be from my bank account .  i dont have an overseas account or address anymore and the local credit card  security is 100000 usd for foreigners believe it or not . 

Hopefully if all goes well what do i get ? a zip full copy of the basic game IL2 Stalingrad ? the subsequent add on's i just add as patches ? add on aircraft same ? do i get voids in every aircraft folder ? need these to build the templates . Does the game accept 2048 HD skins ? if not what is the accepted resolution  ? unfortunately the IL2 413 patch  2048 HD option is fuzzy , its not really  HD while the mod with carmasters files is .   

Edited by dog1

3 hours ago, dog1 said:

is there a trusted suppliers list i can go to to make contact ?   i just opened a paypal account and gave my local bank details , have to wait 3-4 days it says . When i was living in switzerland i had an account and you could put cash in it for payments with the walet function  . here it looks like  payment will be from my bank account .  i dont have an overseas account or address anymore and the local credit card  security is 100000 usd for foreigners believe it or not . 

Hopefully if all goes well what do i get ? a zip full copy of the basic game IL2 Stalingrad ? the subsequent add on's i just add as patches ? add on aircraft same ? do i get voids in every aircraft folder ? need these to build the templates . Does the game accept 2048 HD skins ? if not what is the accepted resolution  ? unfortunately the IL2 413 patch  2048 HD option is fuzzy , its not really  HD while the mod with carmasters files is .   

Lots and lots of questions :)

First, read my IL-2: Battle of Kuban review as it goes into the latest release, the latest features, but also covers the broader third generation series and should help to understand the single client model.

https://stormbirds.blog/2018/04/11/il-2-battle-of-kuban-in-depth-review/

When you buy one of the battle packs you'll get 8 (or 10 if you pick Premium) aircraft, the map, Career mode for that map/campaign, etc. Plus all of the other features and full multiplayer compatibility regardless of which battle pack you own. It's all single client. You'll have everything installed but you'll need to buy each piece as funds allow. Each Battle of release has gone on to help fund the next while adding features retroactively to the whole series.

As for skins.. Best to ask in the skin forum:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/91-skins-and-templates/

Yes 4K skins are possible, templates are already widely available, and so on.

thank you for the links Shamrock.

hello

i opened a paypal account last weeck and today i purchased the battle of stalingrad basic  from Steam where i have an account , i got the confirmation of purchase from Steam with all details and it says its in my library but its not , i sent a  support message requesting assistance today followed by a second reminder 3 hrs later still no reply , from your experience how long does it take usually for support to reply and resolve the issue ? .

20 minutes ago, dog1 said:

hello

i opened a paypal account last weeck and today i purchased the battle of stalingrad basic  from Steam where i have an account , i got the confirmation of purchase from Steam with all details and it says its in my library but its not , i sent a  support message requesting assistance today followed by a second reminder 3 hrs later still no reply , from your experience how long does it take usually for support to reply and resolve the issue ? .

This sounds like a steam issue. Have you tried steam support ? 

Edit: you could try logging out of steam and back in again to see if it refreshes ?

Edited by =FEW=Herne

your right !!! relogging in i received a fresh code and its now installing ,great !!! i have been playing IL2 since 2001 recently  with the moded modpack and skining . Looking forward to the game add ons and the community here . thanks 

When i open the cart to purchase the product there is no paypal option. I always both directly from Il2 web site. 

Is it me or is paypal missing for everybody?

31 minutes ago, 102nd-YU-Markoni said:

When i open the cart to purchase the product there is no paypal option. I always both directly from Il2 web site. 

Is it me or is paypal missing for everybody?

Purchase options on steam differs from country to country. In mine I can't also use paypal for steam purchases, for some obscure exchange ratio rule (works fine for everything else tho).