studh

Clod Blitz launch problem

The game goes to the blitz screen then goes back to the steam screen and will not play.  I verified the install and it says its ok.  so I checked the log in the game and it says a string is missing. I contacted steam and they referred me to you.  Can you help?

Hello Studh

Have you checked the threads on this forum for the commonly experienced reasons for failure to launch?

Please also post the log of your crash file and your system.

See this thread for details:

Please post here and also on the ATAG forums.

thanks

I played the game for a month or so before it crashed, so my system is compatible.  my log file says this: File not found:  C\Users\Stuart Henderson\Documents\1C SoftClub\il2 sturmovic cliff  at 20ddkonEY80TtoahViqPF70Nc21...ctor{String }

at zx6w9NLDDzK7dzCAUicIJ0aH0ZvA.  4XDoc1Sz95f08B7cicGLbo2IxCd(Stream  ,Boolean  )

Have you confirmed you are not running a 3rd party Anti-Virus program?

If you are, please see the post announcing the update for suggestions on how to avoid the AV program blocking you running the game.

Did you delete the cache file prior to running the game?

Are you running the game from the old CLIFFS OF DOVER CD?  Better to update the game from Steam and remove the CD.

Hello Buzzaw, thank you for replying. At the time the game stopped, I had no antivirus on my computer.  I'm not very literate about computers and don't know what you mean by cache.  I don't mind paying for the game again and reinstalling it. It's not a problem for me. I haven't tried clod for several months because I've been playing bom. But last night I got an update for clod and 1946. Thaught it might work again.

I have seen nothing on the sight describing the whole string missing.  But when I verify the game is present, it checks out. Just thaught we could get it going again.

I forgot to tell you that I purchased this game through Steam as a download, not a cd.  And now I run webroot without any problems with the other games.  Id rather just purchase it again and reinstall it. if that's ok.

1 hour ago, studh said:

Hello Buzzaw, thank you for replying. At the time the game stopped, I had no antivirus on my computer.  I'm not very literate about computers and don't know what you mean by cache.  I don't mind paying for the game again and reinstalling it. It's not a problem for me. I haven't tried clod for several months because I've been playing bom. But last night I got an update for clod and 1946. Thaught it might work again.

I have seen nothing on the sight describing the whole string missing.  But when I verify the game is present, it checks out. Just thaught we could get it going again.

I forgot to tell you that I purchased this game through Steam as a download, not a cd.  And now I run webroot without any problems with the other games.  Id rather just purchase it again and reinstall it. if that's ok.

Hello Studh

Please do not purchase the game again if you have purchased through Steam.  There is no need to.

I would recommend you think about uninstalling the game through Steam, and after that, deleting all files on your computer, (wherethey were installed, if you did a standard install it would be:

C/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover Blitz  (delete the whole il-2 folder)

Also delete your il-2 folder in:

Documents/1C SoftClub/

Make sure you have DX11 installed correctly.

Then do a new install of the game.

Clod worked just fine after I got this computer. My old one didn't handle the game. I liked clod for the time I did play it.  As far as what happened,I was trying to use the editor and make a mission.after I tried to save that mission, I lost the use of clod. I couldn't tell you what I did wrong.  But anyway, I'll delete both folders and try for a fresh install later tonight. What do I need to do when I'm ready for the reinstall, just like if i were logged in on another computer?   Thanks

• Upvote 1

I did the delete, completely, and fresh install.  renamed the whole folder and its working perfectly! Many thanks sir!!!

5 hours ago, studh said:

I did the delete, completely, and fresh install.  renamed the whole folder and its working perfectly! Many thanks sir!!!

Glad your problem was solved.  😎