G_GART

Alternative Gun camera MOD

Gun camera MOD

-----------------------------

Hi everyone!

As you waited and as this was Requested by many!
This mod is intended for movie makers but can be used as it is, it will add an extra gun camera to your fixed cameras (Alt + F2 cameras) into Bf109-E7 and Bf109-F2, as both aircraft use the same fixed camera file, I have adjusted it best for Bf109-E7 (only tested on Bf109-E7 and offline) and therefore may be is not properly set for Bf109-F2 (you can adjust it yourself, please see the attached picture).

keep in mind that this is a small mod (and directions for adding extra camera) for just 2 aircraft (not a complete mod for all planes )and goes directly in Planes folder here:
: \ Program Files \ 1C Game Studios \ IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad \ data \ LuaScripts \ worldobjects \ fixcameras \ Planes folder not in the MODS folder.
If you want it for other all other planes you have to edit the respective plan file (located in above
path) yourself because this is a time-consuming process and also worn out on the computer equipment, for each changed value you have to test it by starting up the game and there are many fighter planes in game and many positions to move the camera to find the right position for each fighter plan !

For installation, usage and edit direction, please read the read me file and see the attached picture.guncam.thumb.jpg.4cbfb0fe9931b8e8460ee7114049ae42.jpg

G_GA_Gun cam MOD.rar

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

First off I want to say thank you for your work and for sharing.

Second, I am happy to see the detailed description of how to work on this mod and maybe try it for others.

So thank you for the mod and the instructions. :salute: 

5 hours ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

First off I want to say thank you for your work and for sharing.

Second, I am happy to see the detailed description of how to work on this mod and maybe try it for others.

So thank you for the mod and the instructions. :salute: 

My pleasure, you're welcome and thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

Hi G_GART

Thx for the mod, I'd like to use it but the ALT-F2 cameras stopped working for me about a year ago, I know it has affected others as well as there was a thread on it. Could you suggest any way I could troubleshoot this problem as you seem to know quite a bit about them?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thx

Daedallus

22 hours ago, 392FS_TheDoctor* said:

what a great mod , hope you continue the work on the rest of planes especially BOBP Planes

Thank you, unfortunately, do not own BOBP and do not have enough spare time to work with MODS but i will if i get some in future .

11 hours ago, Daedallus said:

Hi G_GART

Thx for the mod, I'd like to use it but the ALT-F2 cameras stopped working for me about a year ago, I know it has affected others as well as there was a thread on it. Could you suggest any way I could troubleshoot this problem as you seem to know quite a bit about them?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thx

Daedallus

Hi!

Tank you too, (I test my MODS only in offline mode) last tested (today) with latest, version of game (BOS+BOM) and it works fine! I don't know, maybe you must check and remap the AL+F2 keys again: Go to Settings -> Camera Controls scroll down until "switched to attached cameras" and remap LAlt + F2 to it.

it should work, otherwise don't know what the error may be!

THX and god luck.

1 hour ago, G_GART said:

Thank you, unfortunately, do not own BOBP and do not have enough spare time to work with MODS but i will if i get some in future .

Hi!

Tank you too, (I test my MODS only in offline mode) last tested (today) with latest, version of game (BOS+BOM) and it works fine! I don't know, maybe you must check and remap the AL+F2 keys again: Go to Settings -> Camera Controls scroll down until "switched to attached cameras" and remap LAlt + F2 to it.

it should work, otherwise don't know what the error may be!

THX and god luck.

i'll be glad to support productive people , i'm welling to give away BOBP . hit me up when you are ready 

12 hours ago, 392FS_TheDoctor* said:

i'll be glad to support productive people , i'm welling to give away BOBP . hit me up when you are ready 

Thank you very much for your generosity! but no thanks! if I want, i can buy it myself, but because there are many features that I wanted that were implemented in the game as the developers are not willing to do that, so I no longer have the same interest in this game series as before. Thanks again!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi G_GART

Thx very much for taking the time to reply, somehow the key binding had changed to ALT F3, no idea how that happened, so thx for the help

Salute!

Daedallus