smink1701

Post Your Screenshots / Vids Here

Hats off to the template guy here. Jason Williams Producer and his team.  Also Happy New Year!!!!

2018_12_31__2_58_18.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pjmack11377 said:

Looks like you colorized an old photo.  Very cool.

:)  

Tnks!

Edited by PA_Keko_

On 12/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, PatCartier said:

Nice screenshots & it's coll to see these skins !

++

On 12/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, Raptorattacker said:

@CrazyDuck Why thankyou, it was a pleasure and good to see them all being put to good use!! Have a great New Year!!

Always a pleasure to wear your skins gents.  A great 2019 to you too! 

Inspired by ICDP's overall RLM 76, this is my first attempt at skinning. I went a little too far on flattening the paint out but I'm pretty happy so far.........WIP. . Aircraft on the ground is before the most recent updates. It's getting better with each attempt. This will be the JG17 K4 skin when it's finished.

First_Skin.png

JG17_Blue_Test.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

HerrMurf that is a very old template with the wrong panel lines (copied from default).  Get the latest version at my 4K thread, there is also a GIMP compatible version if you need it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ICDP said:

HerrMurf that is a very old template with the wrong panel lines (copied from default).  Get the latest version at my 4K thread, there is also a GIMP compatible version if you need it.

I’ll look into it, thanks. I copied it from the most recent official/default (2k) skins thread (updated 12/28). Might want to let the devs know as well.

I’m doing this for skills building at the moment so I’m ok with what I have for now. Working in Gimp 2.10 means some experimentation as all of the forum documentation is for 2.8. I’m not much of a digital artist but have a minor background in traditional mediums. Having fun learning ATM.

I have the RLM 76 skin you sent me sitting in a desktop folder for now.  I’ll go to that for my next project after I hone my skills a bit.

Thanks for that as well.

Murf

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
Clarity

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I’m doing this for skills building at the moment so I’m ok with what I have for now. Working in Gimp 2.10 means some experimentation as all of the forum documentation is for 2.8. I’m not much of a digital artist but have a minor background in traditional mediums. Having fun learning ATM.

While I enjoy the end result of skinning in this game, it had been tedious at times. First I had to learn Photoshop to skin in this series after working with a very old copy of Paint Shop Pro 7 to skin in the original IL-2. With that behind me, it seemed to take forever to get a working knowledge of how the Alpha channel worked and how it effected the skin. The templates I've messed around with seem very well done and nicely laid out. Sadly, I don't have the drive to work for hours on a skin anymore. Maybe that will change when the P-38 and P-51 come to town.  For now, a couple of hours while watching TV is all I can do. I admire the guys who can crank out several a week. I wish I had the desire.

Good luck in your project. The more skinners out there doing quality skins, the better it is for the series.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PatCartier said:

6QFZqtF.jpg

Beautiful work. Gotta have goals and inspiration for my efforts ;)

42 minutes ago, Rjel said:

While I enjoy the end result of skinning in this game, it had been tedious at times. First I had to learn Photoshop to skin in this series after working with a very old copy of Paint Shop Pro 7 to skin in the original IL-2. With that behind me, it seemed to take forever to get a working knowledge of how the Alpha channel worked and how it effected the skin. The templates I've messed around with seem very well done and nicely laid out. Sadly, I don't have the drive to work for hours on a skin anymore. Maybe that will change when the P-38 and P-51 come to town.  For now, a couple of hours while watching TV is all I can do. I admire the guys who can crank out several a week. I wish I had the desire.

Good luck in your project. The more skinners out there doing quality skins, the better it is for the series.

Thanks, I’m working up to “quality” skins ;)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The skin is not finished but these screenshots are cool, isnt'it ?

uhw2gHU.jpg

inPJvWH.jpg

GvLDUeM.jpg

Lieutenant Marinovitch, SPA 94

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Swastika under spoiler!

Server: Knights of the Air

Spoiler

MMO76dS.jpg