smink1701

Post Your Screenshots / Vids Here

Pheew 3:17 AM here in Germany and I uploaded my first BoS video  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkiij5LjFGw

Wow, that was really well done.  You understand how to make a good video.  I enjoyed watching in 1080p...  Camera angles were good and content was great...  you nailed it.  Thanks, I got a much better feel for everything from flight dynamics to graphics to damage model to sound.  Keep em comig.  Thanks.

Edited by Caveman
  • Upvote 1

:wacko:

994jkEm.jpg

LOL - I ran out of gas out there.  I have no idea what happened to my plane.  Never seen again.  Eventually it hit the ground somewhere, but it took a long, long time.

I think there's something wrong with these planes, they don't fly.  Can't figure out what it is though, all they do is go in circles.

tjwf.jpg

l

On a serious note.   Try mission 2.  Change in game settings on the third column right.  Second from the top I think. Lock tailwheel  and use right rudder.   Pm me and I will give you mine. On my laptop now. Follow directions on prop pitch as well.  First mission I can not do squat. 

l

Edited by 99th_Jaguar

Climbed real high and noticed a trail behind me. Thought it was contrails (I hoped they weren't), but it was too short and dissipated too soon...then I realized I'd closed my radiator and completely cooked my engine. The visual is there, but the actual damage and crap performance isn't modeled yet.

post-1342-0-03514400-1384841544_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-53396500-1384841545_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-20739900-1384841546_thumb.jpg

I think there's something wrong with these planes, they don't fly.  Can't figure out what it is though, all they do is go in circles.

tjwf.jpg

Ok back again.  I used Mission 2.   Realism settings Custom. 1st Column all green checked.  2nd column warm up engine check. Simplified physics check " Newb so what !"   Third column simplified controls check. The bottom green are you own choice.   I have a X52 pro with Saitek rudder pedals.  You have to go into the game and configure your peripherals to you own taste.  Use right rudder and tap left or right depending on diection slighty. Watch your slip ball if in cockpit. Don't throttle up too fast or the torque will make you do what you pic showed.  This is not your arcade sim.

Also   read this. It is still aplicable.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/610610-A-Nugget-s-Guide-To-Getting-Off-The-Ground-Forums

Hope this helps.

Climbed real high and noticed a trail behind me. Thought it was contrails (I hoped they weren't), but it was too short and dissipated too soon...then I realized I'd closed my radiator and completely cooked my engine. The visual is there, but the actual damage and crap performance isn't modeled yet.

It probably follows the same model as RoF which is more realistic than damage occuring at the onset of steam. The damage won't be immediate, as long as you are trailing steam - you still have coolant/water left so there is still some cooling. When no more steam, cooling stops altogether, engine temp rises and the engine degradation begins. So I wouldn't say the damage isn't there yet unless you rode it out until no more steam was being trailed and still didn't cook the engine as the temperature climbed higher and higher.

Edited by FuriousMeow

It probably follows the same model as RoF which is more realistic than damage occuring at the onset of steam. The damage won't be immediate, as long as you are trailing steam - you still have coolant/water left so there is still some cooling. When no more steam, cooling stops altogether, engine temp rises and the engine degradation begins. So I wouldn't say the damage isn't there yet unless you rode it out until no more steam was being trailed and still didn't cook the engine as the temperature climbed higher and higher.

Yep, that is how it works...but overtemp damage isn't modeled in this build yet as per the briefing notes...scroll down. :)

Gotcha. Haven't read all the notes, just the ones to get the LaGG in the air. I suspected most things would be absent/placeholders/incomplete since it's alpha. It's one of the best alphas I've ever had my hands on though, truly amazing in every way compared to some of the flight sims/other games I've tested... and even some that were released.

Edited by FuriousMeow

It's funny because over cooling is modeled. I sat at the edge of the runway a little too long with the radiator wide open while messing with controls. When I tried to power up, it got up enough power to get me moving and then promptly crapped out on me. Ended up completely killing the engine before I got halfway down the runway. Probably a good thing since there was no way I was leaving the ground. Had some interesting effects too. The canopy collected something on it, might have been ice or oil.

It's funny because over cooling is modeled. I sat at the edge of the runway a little too long with the radiator wide open while messing with controls. When I tried to power up, it got up enough power to get me moving and then promptly crapped out on me. Ended up completely killing the engine before I got halfway down the runway. Probably a good thing since there was no way I was leaving the ground. Had some interesting effects too. The canopy collected something on it, might have been ice or oil.

I am not a fan of overcooling in RoF!  Silly little Nieuport 11s have to be run very lean to keep from turning into a block of ice.

The quality of images may not be that great. If you guys know a hosting site that allows you to post larger image files, please let me know.

Try Postimage.org

http://postimage.org/index.php?um=flash

It allowes you to post high rez images and it is free too. ;)

Great screenshots!. :cool:

• Upvote 1

LOL.... There is a story that doesn't end well.  Comrade Stalin will need to put a new engine in that LaGG before it is useful again.  Also an aileron.  I keep misplacing those.

The engine steamed, then sounded sick and lost power and smoked, then lost more power then seized.

post-14464-0-87632300-1384848028_thumb.jpg

post-14464-0-75054000-1384848040_thumb.jpg

I'm getting really good at deadstick landings.  This one was hairy because I forgot I was in the crosswind scenario.

Yep, that is how it works...but overtemp damage isn't modeled in this build yet as per the briefing notes...scroll down. :)

It must have made it in at the last minute.

It seized from overtemp?!

Yes.  Yes it did ;)

Close all your radiators, circle near the end of a nice runway, enjoy your steam and smoke trails and just generally behave mercilessly towards your equipment.  No bailing out though - see if you can get down in one piece.

Edited by HeavyCavalrySgt

I noticed another way to break stuff.  I was waiting for the engine to cool to see if it would restart (not a chance) and playing with the gear while I waited.  You can break the gear motors through a program of repeated abuse - running the gear up and down with something heavy sitting on them like a fighter full of gas.

A short entertaining video

go on, laugh at my lack of skills :)

Good video.

What are you doing for approach speeds and flap settings?

I have been trying to be on final at 210 - 220, cross the threshold at about 200kph, with full flaps (added on the downwind leg), then bleed energy by holding the plane off the ground as long as possible.  You kinda want to be very close to the ground though when one of the wings stalls!  My approaches are much steeper than yours as well.

Once on the ground, you can really drive the tail in with up elevator to keep control of the way things are progressing - the LaGG seems to like landing that way.

I have not been able to make a successful wheel landing yet.  

Good video.

What are you doing for approach speeds and flap settings?

I have been trying to be on final at 210 - 220, cross the threshold at about 200kph, with full flaps (added on the downwind leg), then bleed energy by holding the plane off the ground as long as possible.  You kinda want to be very close to the ground though when one of the wings stalls!  My approaches are much steeper than yours as well.

Once on the ground, you can really drive the tail in with up elevator to keep control of the way things are progressing - the LaGG seems to like landing that way.

I have not been able to make a successful wheel landing yet.  

I'm just kinda plowing into the approach from whatever speed and then holding it at about 200 kph I think, with flaps fully out. Then I get over the runway and have trouble keeping both low and slow I guess, heh heh. I'll work on it. Thanks for the tips! 

Hmmm - yeah, I think if you are on the ground at anything like 170+ kph your visit will be brief but soon repeated.

I am still trying to get some consistency in my landings.  Maybe I will try to record a few to see what speed I am touching down at.  

Doing a few landings deadstick helped me quite a bit with speed control, I think.

Wow, that was really well done.  You understand how to make a good video.  I enjoyed watching in 1080p...  Camera angles were good and content was great...  you nailed it.  Thanks, I got a much better feel for everything from flight dynamics to graphics to damage model to sound.  Keep em comig.  Thanks.

Thank you very much. Can't wait for more content to create an awesome movie :)

I don't always choose night missions, but when I do, I fly with digital engine by 777

great graphical satisfaction, my word

KmpNW7x.jpg

Just saw this screenshot on the Russian Forum.

Nice little detail the sledge. :)

post-80-0-11201600-1384859149.jpg