Post Your Screenshots Here

smink1701

I am messing with rust textures .   Any feedback is appreciated.  Thank you.

2018_12_30__11_25_23.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

I am messing with rust textures .   Any feedback is appreciated.  Thank you.

2018_12_30__11_25_23.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Hm, mate, rust on aluminum? Not a very good idea - aluminum does corrode, yes, but it does definitely not rust. So, if you want to apply some rust effects, then choose

parts like bolts, screws, exhaust pipes, armor plates and perhaps some parts of the landing gear. The rest should definitely not show rust, but you can make the aluminum

blunt almost lightgrey matt.

• Sad 2

Thanks for the input.  I wasnt thinking about the science aspect but rather the image quality.  It does make sense what your saying.  Thanks

16 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

Thanks for the input.  I wasnt thinking about the science aspect but rather the image quality.  It does make sense what your saying.  Thanks

I found a link for you that was shared to us by @LukeFF some hours ago, just to give you an impression of corroded aluminum etc.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/wwii-japanese-aircraft-wrecks-salvaged-at-balalae.html

Cheerio

Just pealing paint effect under the canopy.  How is that?  Thanks for the link.

I really like the look of this though.

Now with bullet holes.  Anyone interested in my work with Spits can get a copy or custom free work.  Just pm me.

bullets.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
added artwork
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hats off to the template guy here. Jason Williams Producer and his team.  Also Happy New Year!!!!

2018_12_31__2_58_18.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pjmack11377 said:

Looks like you colorized an old photo.  Very cool.

:)  

Tnks!

Edited by PA_Keko_

On 12/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, PatCartier said:

Nice screenshots & it's coll to see these skins !

++

On 12/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, Raptorattacker said:

@CrazyDuck Why thankyou, it was a pleasure and good to see them all being put to good use!! Have a great New Year!!

Always a pleasure to wear your skins gents.  A great 2019 to you too! 

II/JG17_HerrMurf

Inspired by ICDP's overall RLM 76, this is my first attempt at skinning. I went a little too far on flattening the paint out but I'm pretty happy so far.........WIP. . Aircraft on the ground is before the most recent updates. It's getting better with each attempt. This will be the JG17 K4 skin when it's finished.

First_Skin.png

JG17_Blue_Test.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

HerrMurf that is a very old template with the wrong panel lines (copied from default).  Get the latest version at my 4K thread, there is also a GIMP compatible version if you need it.

• Thanks 1

II/JG17_HerrMurf
1 hour ago, ICDP said:

HerrMurf that is a very old template with the wrong panel lines (copied from default).  Get the latest version at my 4K thread, there is also a GIMP compatible version if you need it.

I’ll look into it, thanks. I copied it from the most recent official/default (2k) skins thread (updated 12/28). Might want to let the devs know as well.

I’m doing this for skills building at the moment so I’m ok with what I have for now. Working in Gimp 2.10 means some experimentation as all of the forum documentation is for 2.8. I’m not much of a digital artist but have a minor background in traditional mediums. Having fun learning ATM.

I have the RLM 76 skin you sent me sitting in a desktop folder for now.  I’ll go to that for my next project after I hone my skills a bit.

Thanks for that as well.

Murf

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
Clarity

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I’m doing this for skills building at the moment so I’m ok with what I have for now. Working in Gimp 2.10 means some experimentation as all of the forum documentation is for 2.8. I’m not much of a digital artist but have a minor background in traditional mediums. Having fun learning ATM.

While I enjoy the end result of skinning in this game, it had been tedious at times. First I had to learn Photoshop to skin in this series after working with a very old copy of Paint Shop Pro 7 to skin in the original IL-2. With that behind me, it seemed to take forever to get a working knowledge of how the Alpha channel worked and how it effected the skin. The templates I've messed around with seem very well done and nicely laid out. Sadly, I don't have the drive to work for hours on a skin anymore. Maybe that will change when the P-38 and P-51 come to town.  For now, a couple of hours while watching TV is all I can do. I admire the guys who can crank out several a week. I wish I had the desire.

Good luck in your project. The more skinners out there doing quality skins, the better it is for the series.

• Like 1

• LukeFF pinned this topic