Post Your Screenshots Here

16 minutes ago, ICDP said:

New Mc.202 official template in 4K released.  The stock skins will be updated in the next release and will include some new skins.  Though it will be released in the the update, make sure to download the 4K normalmap as well for best effect.

That Ennio Tarantola skin looks great! However, my understanding was that only one of his victory markings was red (to denote that it was a Spanish Civil War victory). This is what's presented in Osprey Publishing's Italian Aces of WWII:

CAFD0C3E-DC01-46B5-BB34-81BEF31D1FDC.jpeg.bbc0a5a261b67276ff0249407d55e1f9.jpeg

However, on closer inspection of an actual photograph of Dai Banana!, it does seem (to me at least) that your version of the skin is correct; the inner five victory markings are in red, while only the outer two are yellow.

98B481C4-02BB-4C59-9957-A04062CD0E71.jpeg.1fd97d1df4233f1b51be89684f5db294.jpeg

This does raise the question of why the markings are in different colours, however; the only reason I can imagine for this is that the two yellow markings denote victories scored on the G.50, while the red markings are for his C.202 victories, at least if this source is to be believed: http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/italy_tarantola.htm

As for why his single victory in the CR.32 over Spain would be excluded, I'm not sure why. But this Bf-109 may give a precedent for such a thing. Its claimed to be Walter Oesau's and seems to have a victory tally matching his, but only if his SCW victories are excluded:

Spoiler

Messerschmitt-Bf-109E4-7.JG51-White-13-W

I feel like the key to figuring out what's up with Tarantola's victory markings is to find out the date that the photo of Dai Banana! was taken.

Don't ask me why I'm suddenly so interested in this one guy's victory markings; I have Asperger's, I'm kinda hardwired to dig deep into this stuff.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
15 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

That Ennio Tarantola skin looks great! However, my understanding was that only one of his victory markings was red (to denote that it was a Spanish Civil War victory). This is what's presented in Osprey Publishing's Italian Aces of WWII:

CAFD0C3E-DC01-46B5-BB34-81BEF31D1FDC.jpeg.bbc0a5a261b67276ff0249407d55e1f9.jpeg

However, on closer inspection of an actual photograph of Dai Banana!, it does seem (to me at least) that your version of the skin is correct; the inner five victory markings are in red, while only the outer two are yellow.

98B481C4-02BB-4C59-9957-A04062CD0E71.jpeg.1fd97d1df4233f1b51be89684f5db294.jpeg

This does raise the question of why the markings are in different colours, however; the only reason I can imagine for this is that the two yellow markings denote victories scored on the G.50, while the red markings are for his C.202 victories, at least if this source is to be believed: http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/italy_tarantola.htm

As for why his single victory in the CR.32 over Spain would be excluded, I'm not sure why. But this Bf-109 may give a precedent for such a thing. Its claimed to be Walter Oesau's and seems to have a victory tally matching his, but only if his SCW victories are excluded:

Reveal hidden contents

Messerschmitt-Bf-109E4-7.JG51-White-13-W

I feel like the key to figuring out what's up with Tarantola's victory markings is to find out the date that the photo of Dai Banana! was taken.

Don't ask me why I'm suddenly so interested in this one guy's victory markings; I have Asperger's, I'm kinda hardwired to dig deep into this stuff.

Lol, tell me about the OCD we skinners and template creators have for accuracy, it is equal measure gift and curse :)

Your post demonstrates the problem of using profiles as a primary source, because your are basically doing that artists version of the real thing.  The real image you showed was what I used (among others) to base my intpretation of the colours on.

• Upvote 1

43533185_Il-28-19-20201-00-17PM-799.thumb.png.12f05e60929084f1cd3e07e893887848.png

North of Stalingrad gorund view circa September 1942. overhead

27th IAP of the Soviet Union flying La-5s was engaging against the Reich's JG3 "Udet" squadron which were flying BF109G2s

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me, or do these prop discs reflected in the sun look like something out of MSFS in 2000? I mean this would normally be a pretty nice screenshot right, but these prop discs just absolutely ruin the pic or even a video if I was recording? Or maybe it is just me? No offense against whoever created the effect and I hate to be a ass, but IL2 GBS has come way to far since 2013 to have this sort of shortfall in it. Please Devs, do something quick. No prop disc modelling at all would be 100% better than this current modelling IMHO.

They already did do something.:) See Rowdyboot's response below.

S!Blade<><

HoUgPzo.png

Edited by BladeMeister
2 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Is it just me, or do these prop discs reflected in the sun look like something out of MSFS in 2000? I mean this would normally be a pretty nice screenshot right, but these prop discs just absolutely ruin the pic or even a video if I was recording? Or maybe it is just me? No offense against whoever created the effect and I hate to be a ass, but IL2 GBS has come way to far since 2013 to have this sort of shortfall in it. Please Devs, do something quick. No prop disc modelling at all would be 100% better than this current modelling IMHO.

S!Blade<><

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HoUgPzo.png[/img]HoUgPzo.png

Check this from update 4.001 

59. It's now possible to turn off the VR rendering mode for the propellers - any negative values specified for the prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr parameter in startup.cfg file (like prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = -1) will result in the normal propellers rendering;

1 hour ago, rowdyb00t said:

Check this from update 4.001 

59. It's now possible to turn off the VR rendering mode for the propellers - any negative values specified for the prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr parameter in startup.cfg file (like prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = -1) will result in the normal propellers rendering;

You are the man rowdyb001. I have already changed it to .-1 and I will check in game this evening.

S!Blade<><

25 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

You are the man rowdyb001. I have already changed it to .-1 and I will check in game this evening.

S!Blade<><

👍

I'd like to tell you I survived this,

2021_3_29__0_10_45

but alas, another great strafing mission mucked up by flying too low.

2021_3_29__0_11_30

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

TY rowdyb00t, that adjustment made the prop model much more bearable. No pics yet but it does look much better.

Here are a few from last night.

S!Blade<><

jQsC5lj.png

Elephant Walk!

qJrSQDF.jpg

pzehthG.png

• Like 2

Simple shots of the P-51D. I love the shape of this airplane. I have since I was a little kid back when the Mustang was far younger then than I am today.

2021_3_29__21_46_302021_3_29__21_43_44

• Like 6