Post Your Screenshots Here

35 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

Any help on finding historical markings for Viking 2  is greatly appreciated.

Let's see if it fits you

decals-p-38-lighting-part-2-1-48-48037.j

RAF Photo Recon Squadron 541 in D-days 

20210104145542_1.thumb.jpg.8b59385a78a2103c55d5dcd92e67ad14.jpg

20210104145632_1.thumb.jpg.302944af78adbb7f8524204a0184be54.jpg

Edited by Tatata_Time

Thanks so much.   How did you find this or is it your own book?

9 minutes ago, Tatata_Time said:

Let's see if it fits you

decals-p-38-lighting-part-2-1-48-48037.j

RAF Photo Recon Squadron 541 in D-days 

20210104145542_1.thumb.jpg.8b59385a78a2103c55d5dcd92e67ad14.jpg

20210104145632_1.thumb.jpg.302944af78adbb7f8524204a0184be54.jpg

Perfect,  thank you and happy new year!

• Like 1

You're welcome. Just waisted 5 mins googling P-38 Viking 2. Almost  everything is in Internet.... the challenge is how to find what your looking for ;)))) 

Edited by Tatata_Time
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your time on this.  It's worth it to me.  All the best.

Patrick

Thank you again TaTaTa...when I did  a Google search all I got were pinterest files with no history.  Thank you again

2021_1_4__15_20_52.jpg

2021_1_4__15_22_40.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pjmack11377 said:

when I did  a Google search all I got were pinterest files with no history. 

When researching for skins I often will add the line "scale model".  Quite often the person modeling the plane put in some history and a serious modeler tryie to be historically accurate. 

26 minutes ago, Danziger said:

That new silver paintjob is dope!

G R O A N!  (but I agree.  Nice backdrop for that scheme)

16 hours ago, Danziger said:

@ICDPThat new silver paintjob is dope!

Only a few days in to the new year, but I think that might just be the contender for worst joke of the year.  Oh well, every cloud has a silver lining, plenty of time for an even worse joke to show up. 😉

Edited by ICDP
  • Haha 3

The Farmers Daughter was a PHOTO RECON P-38 converted version.  If interested I will post skins.  I am enjoying flying with an escourt while trying to outfly the enemy.

2021_1_5__17_30_47.jpg

14914e6fe2146859119dc4b91b87e5fb.jpg

2021_1_5__18_2_19.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, GiftZahnsSteigern said:

More Köln play. What could possibly go awry?

WCPGW.png

I have spent quite a few hours at Köln Hbf, but never ever have I imagined a Dora flying through, shooting BR 21 rockets 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was taking some shots for skins and I rather like how this came out.
kpT4d2H.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

Photo Recon Dot-Dash

2021_1_6__11_9_3.jpg

2021_1_6__11_9_52.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-06 024214.jpg

71FPM+177dL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

This recon plane looks really great - like it very much. I have a question though:

Did you only skin the recon camera windows or did you try to alter it with "bump map" or something like that? Just asking, no criticism intended - I do have absolutely

no idea on how to make skins like yours. Thank you anyway - no bad intention, mate.

Cheerio

1 minute ago, THERION said:

This recon plane looks really great - like it very much. I have a question though:

Did you only skin the recon camera windows or did you try to alter it with "bump map" or something like that? Just asking, no criticism intended - I do have absolutely

no idea on how to make skins like yours. Thank you anyway - no bad intention, mate.

Cheerio

I am always learning; however, I am not sure what you are asking.  I altered the alpha channel to appear reflective.  Is that what you mean?  Please let me know if it doesn't look as I intended.  As always,  Thank you for your input.

All the best,

Patrick

35 minutes ago, THERION said:

Cheerio

2021_1_6__11_54_2.jpg

7 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

2021_1_6__11_54_2.jpg

It's all OK - it looks amazing. I did not mean this, no, I was asking if we could see some kind of "elevation" of the frames of the camera windows - a 3D effect if you will

or is it "just" painted on the skin, like for example a nose art, a tactical number etc.

I cannot change the actual model.  That is for admin to do if they so wish.  The guns were visually removed but the gun holes are there permanently as well.  If I could make changes to the actual model, I would be spending even more time on this great sim. LOL.

All the best and thank you for your comments.

Patrick

18 minutes ago, THERION said:

It's all OK - it looks amazing. I did not mean this, no, I was asking if we could see some kind of "elevation" of the frames of the camera windows - a 3D effect if you will

or is it "just" painted on the skin, like for example a nose art, a tactical number etc.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pjmack11377 said:

I cannot change the actual model.  That is for admin to do if they so wish.  The guns were visually removed but the gun holes are there permanently as well.  If I could make changes to the actual model, I would be spending even more time on this great sim. LOL.

All the best and thank you for your comments.

Patrick

Therion,

Is this better?

Patrick

2021_1_6__14_3_16.jpg

45 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

Therion,

Is this better?

Patrick

2021_1_6__14_3_16.jpg

Hi Pjmack,

you don't need to change anything, if you ask me. Your work is great from the beginning - there is nothing wrong about it. Sorry for the misunderstanding (EN is not

my mother tongue). I was just wondering about how you did these camera windows technically, they already look very convincing and good.

As I already told you, I do actually know nothing about skinning etc. I was just wondering if it was actually possible to alter the skin - without hacking the model -

just by modifying one of those layers in Paintshop or Gimp. But I actually don't know what is doable or not with a skinning tool.

Cheers

46 minutes ago, THERION said:

Your work is great from the beginning

I couldn't agree more.

@THERION,  pjmack11377 is correct.  Skinner's cannot change the 3D model but by manipulating the apparent light levels and reflective values of surfaces, can give  a faux 3D appearance.  If you look closely at an acute angle at the plane you will see the surface is smooth and not actually bulging out of indented in any way.

pjmack11377 is showing himself to have a true mastery of the skinning craft.  Thank you for sharing your skills with us.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, THERION said:

Hi Pjmack,

you don't need to change anything, if you ask me. Your work is great from the beginning - there is nothing wrong about it. Sorry for the misunderstanding (EN is not

my mother tongue). I was just wondering about how you did these camera windows technically, they already look very convincing and good.

As I already told you, I do actually know nothing about skinning etc. I was just wondering if it was actually possible to alter the skin - without hacking the model -

just by modifying one of those layers in Paintshop or Gimp. But I actually don't know what is doable or not with a skinning tool.

Cheers

For me Therion, this is just pure fun.  Thanks for the feedback

• Upvote 1

Yep. Hey Reptilian, It was your Beautiful 109 Screenshots that got me remembering that I had transacted shenaniganoid business at the Köln Hbf. Here are the 'After pictures", as the Dora, having seen the light(s) at the end of the tunnel, emerges triumphantly to the dismay of some misshapen birds. Second image shows why the sun was showing. The BR 21 rockets leveled the Hbf down to the foundations. (note Race Condition anomaly).

The video is of that miscreant, one Major Duka Nukem, establishing Forward Air Base Köln.

EUnscathed.png

Unscathed_3.png

• Like 2

😆 The effect is awesome. It seems that the structure has dematerialized. They are BR-21 dematerializers of outer space 👾

I really like the second screenshot.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, THERION said:

Hi Pjmack,

Cheers

9 hours ago, Beebop said:

I couldn't agree more.

@THERION,  pjmack11377 is correct.  Skinner's cannot change the 3D model but by manipulating the apparent light levels and reflective values of surfaces, can give  a faux 3D appearance.  If you look closely at an acute angle at the plane you will see the surface is smooth and not actually bulging out of indented in any way.

pjmack11377 is showing himself to have a true mastery of the skinning craft.  Thank you for sharing your skills with us.

He could also edit the bump map (another texture file) for the aircraft. That can also help to improve the faux 3D appearance Beebop mentions.

But the downsides to doing so is that (iirc) would require mods on for the edited ones to work. And the same changes would be apparent when using other, non recon variant, skins. It's a one bump map per aircraft deal in Great Battles.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

He could also edit the bump map (another texture file) for the aircraft. That can also help to improve the faux 3D appearance Beebop mentions.

But the downsides to doing so is that (iirc) would require mods on for the edited ones to work. And the same changes would be apparent when using other, non recon variant, skins. It's a one bump map per aircraft deal in Great Battles.

Thanks Oliver.  I am going to try that for the experience.

All the best,

Patrick

4 hours ago, GiftZahnsSteigern said:

The video is of that miscreant, one Major Duka Nukem, establishing Forward Air Base Köln.

For 1944 we introduce two new lighters for your smoking pleasure, the Ronson FW-190 and the Zippo Bf-110.  Now with .50 cal flints.😉

Edited by Beebop
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, pjmack11377 said:

Thanks Oliver.  I am going to try that for the experience.

All the best,

Patrick

Oliver,

When you say change the bitmap...do you mean the dds files in the plane texture folder?  I want to be sure before I try that.

Patrick

Never mind.  It works great.  Thanks Oliver88

Edited by pjmack11377