Want to Join ( or start if have to) Australian squadron

Hi guys...long time simmer going back to EAW ... am currently transitioning to BOX as my last love CLOD

seems to have become a bit of a ghost town online. Can’t seem to find an Aussie squadron so can any

other Aussies either point me to one or perhaps we could band together and start one? Yes I know I have

an ATAG handle but they don’t seem to have many flying BOX so once I start/join an Aussie squad I will be

handing in my ATAG resignation. I’m in Perth WA, work FIFO so it needs to be fairly casual but very keen to

link up with some other Aussies...hit me up

I'm in a very similar boat myself ( I'm in Adelaide), I used to fly EAW and then IL2 for a little bit. I had left the sim world for around 15 years but now I'm back.

I met up with a few Aussie guys this week and even had a quick stint online. I'm keen to get some structured but casual flying happening too.

I'm still getting back into the swing of things but I'd love to join you in the sky.

Edited by StolleMan
Typo

Wings of Liberty seems to be the go to, or TAW (which I haven't had a chance to fly in yet).

PS. Your name seems familiar but I reckon you may have moved on to greener pastures by the time I started EAW. Were you active on SimHQ/Kali back then?

Edited by StolleMan
Spelling mistake
45 minutes ago, StolleMan said:

Wings of Liberty seems to be the go to, or TAW (which I haven't had a chance to fly in yet).

PS. Your name seems familiar but I reckon you may have moved on to greener pastures by the time I started EAW. Were you active on SimHQ/Kali back then?

Very active at simhq...never flew EAW online...I created the Nachtjager campaign ( with modelling help from Crashing Jack and artwork by Aussie Jim)...was a what if scenario with a lot of oddball aircraft ( Jet powered fw190 among others)...was lots of fun...man those were the days...miss EAW...no other sim has ever captured its atmosphere in my opinion

EAW is certainly responsible for drawing me in to the flight sim scene. I almost solely flew online and didn't get a chance to play your campaign sadly. I was probably a little late getting onboard too (2003). I knew Aussie Jim, he headed up the 453 RAAF squadron if I recall. Crashing Jack I know by name only.

I'll be online tomorrow afternoon/evening and flying axis aircraft. I'm still getting back in to the swing of things and learning to fly without icons. I'm keen to improve though!

• 2 months later...

Haha I know what you mean.  This will a causal and as serious as you want it to be. But if your looking for some ANZAC flying mates then knock on our door. And even if ya wanna fly when ya got a spare night/day free send me a message.

Sweet as mate 

O_Smiladon