II./JG77_Con

The use of Nvidia Control panel

Posted (edited)

Is anyone using the control panel to forces AA x4 x2 x8 ect . Or supersampling .

thanks would be good too see what people are getting . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Also interested to see what setting people use for max performance out there cards I’m using everything app controlled at the moment and the physix setting set to gtx 1070 

Ive tried turning off in game X 4 AA and tried to force it through NCP . but i didn't see any sharpness ..?? i might try inspector and try that way . 

You cant force normal (hardware) Anti A Via NCP or Inspector.(like MSAA)

But you can use Reshade and use SMAA then Sharpen it with sharpen filters.

Or just run DSR then play the game at 4K on 1080P screen this is just like Supersampling but faster and without guesswork as its running the game at real 4K like someone with 4K monitor.
So often Anti A is not Needed.

2rdb0ww.jpg

2 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

You cant force normal (hardware) Anti A Via NCP or Inspector.(like MSAA)

But you can use Reshade and use SMAA then Sharpen it with sharpen filters.

Or just run DSR then play the game at 4K on 1080P screen this is just like Supersampling but faster and without guesswork as its running the game at real 4K like someone with 4K monitor.
So often Anti A is not Needed.

2rdb0ww.jpg

DSR  really isn't like using a full 4K monitor. Just like Fast Sync does not allow your 60hz monitor to suddenly display 90 fps.   It improves the overall look in terms of jaggles but is much less sharp even blurry to some. DSR will always, to some degree, impact on spotting and fine sharpness.(8,294,400 pixels on a true 4K screen v 2,073,600 on a 1080P kinda hints at that)

That's not to dismiss its experimentation simply to say its not 100% the same 4K display on a decent screen.  

A user called Lemon was using Supersampling after the early 3 patches but I cant find the thread. I briefly played about with it and there was seemingly some improvement to the clouds etc with it enabled combined with a definite drop in fps which seemed to suggest the setting was doing something. Not sure if that still works as I haven't flown for a long time. 

Of course the monitor cannot display 4K it never could,
But just like a 12K Photo looks better on a 720P Monitor than a 1080P photo on same screen.

What i  said was as far as the game is concerned its the same as running a 4K monitor (the CPU/GPU load and so on the game thinks its a 4K and uses all the same things as it would on a true 4K)
As the Image is being scaled at the gpur so my Monitor cable is outputting the same data as one plugged into someones 4K monitor ;)

DSR @ 4K or the X4.00 Setting is the only one you can ever really use if you are using a 1080P, As it uses no filter or blurring effect its just using higher res as you should set smoothness to 0% (just increases the ouput to 3840x2160) .
You can also run 4K without using DSR options at all just make a new custom Resolution in NvCP of 4K scaled on GPU and set game to run at 4K and done.

But YES! All other DSR settings require the use of smoothness slider (Gaussian Filter)
So Yes All other settings for DSR are blurry as they require the smoothness slider. 
But all that 4K DSR (4.00 x Native = 2 x 1920 + 2 x 1080 for a true 4K Res of 3840 x 2160 is not blurry and is actually too sharp. )

Ati uses can also force fake DSR on 1080P screen
Create a new Resolution 3840 x 2160 (set "scaling on GPU")
Set the game res to 4K and play in 4K with little need for anti A,.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology