This week's mini update improvements?

I've noticed improvement in a couple of things that have plagued BoS on my machine since early access started. First, I haven't experienced any lock ups where the game freezes on screen but continues to run in the background. The other thing I haven't had occur all weekend is the Esc key not allowing me to exit the sim. Has anyone else seen any improvement in either area?

The non antialiased white area around the planes, when viewed against smoke, flames or other effects is gone. :salute:

( At least in ultra. I didn't try anything else.)

for full resolution click on them.

Nope, it's still there for me, still at Ultra settings. Try to get closer to the smoke...

S!

The "halo effect" in smoke is greatly reduced. I saw only VERY minor effect of it, even inside smoke. So certainly an improvement there. I wish we could get more documented changes on patches, would lessen the speculations and easen the testing.

S!

The "halo effect" in smoke is greatly reduced. I saw only VERY minor effect of it, even inside smoke. So certainly an improvement there. I wish we could get more documented changes on patches, would lessen the speculations and easen the testing.

You are right. In side the smoke the bug is still visible, but no outside.

This was taken as soon as I passed through the smoke:

2014_1_26_15_50_45.png

free image host

I don't know what has changed in BoS for this last early access but IMHO, it was by far the best time I've had with it since the beginning. Not a single on screen freeze all weekend. Ran as smoothly on my machine as I could have hoped for. It ran today for more than eight hours without a problem. Both flying and just running in the background. Whatever it was, I hope it continues in the same vein next week.

As a side note, tonight I noticed in the outside view if I held down the left shift key, I could move my mouse around to center any object on screen. In other words, I could put my plane directly in the center when taking a screen shot. Or move it as I wanted. Has this always been so?

Some little texture issues in the LaGG-3 were also fixed with this update (such as the buttons on the leather padding of the headrest).

Ahh...i knew there was something changed in this area, but couldn't tell what! 

No more textures glitches for me

it happened when I switched from (example) flyby F3 to external view F2

for a second I could see the default skin > then the custom skin (winter skin, or leopard skin on bf109) all blurry and lo-def, then finally the chosen skin in high definition

it was awful, and it's gone, but I can't tell if it's an effect of the little 61 MB update...

Again, I don't like those 'secret' updates - there's really no reason for any kind of 'secrecy'.

What's the reason not to publish the content of an update?

C'mon  :(

Until this (mini) patch 777 was an example of excellent communication with their customers.

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Again, I don't like those 'secret' updates - there's really no reason for any kind of 'secrecy'.

What's the reason not to publish the content of an update?

C'mon :(

Until this (mini) patch 777 was an example of excellent communication with their customers.

So because of a minimini patch with no notes the sky is falling? :/ comon.... Maybe it was just some dev tool or server update.
  • 1CGS

Sorry guys, but there are going to be tiny updates from time to time that include small items where we don't have time to explain everything. Development is moving very fast now. Please just try to fly and roll with the punches. Friday Dev. Diaries will continue that give some important info, but we aren't going to go deep into the weeds. Only after we implement some of the bigger parts can we catch our breath and discuss some smaller details. And remember, this is all part of the development process. Things change. Even I cannot  keep up with the pace of development and know about every single change or new item.

Jason

• Upvote 3

Yes :)

Must've missed that. It is a useful tool.

One last thing that I've not seen previously in BoS or any other sim I can think of, occured as I was going head on with a novice Lagg that then made a very human like mistake. As we passed, he must have pulled too hard on the stick for as he went by he started tumbling end for end. I was completely surprised. I thought he was going to continue down to the ground but he finally pulled it out at low level. I hope it was an example of the AI mimicking human behavior. It was cool to see regardless.

Sorry guys, but there are going to be tiny updates from time to time that include small items where we don't have time to explain everything. Development is moving very fast now. Please just try to fly and roll with the punches. Friday Dev. Diaries will continue that give some important info, but we aren't going to go deep into the weeds. Only after we implement some of the bigger parts can we catch our breath and discuss some smaller details. And remember, this is all part of the development process. Things change. Even I cannot  keep up with the pace of development and know about every single change or new item.

Jason

Thank you Jason.

Yes. Thanks for letting us know! I can't get it why some folks struggle which such trivial stuff like a missing changelog of a smal update...

Keep enjoying BoS for what it is. An early access title. I really glad that I'm able to take part because otherwise, as it was with software development in a time not so long ago, we would play BoS in several month from now on. And due to the complexity of a modern HiFi flightsim, it would not be as polished as its going to be and allready is due to the feedback the developers are gaining through early access!

I guess they simply don't have the time to let us know:" Hey, we put in a windsock", or :" Hey, You guys just noticed the fixed fire effect while the engine starts?"

Cheers and enjoy gentlemen! :-)