Jump to content
cripplehawk

JU-87 for Battle of Moscow?

Recommended Posts

I bet that it wont happen.

One thing i do not like in Moscow is the very low pool of different planes.

Maybe some day they make new premiums or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the current Po-2 development cycle is successful, there might be a chance that more collector planes are going to be modeled (Not flight model) by third party's. I really hope this happens, but even then chances are that they want to focus on more obscure planes like the Li-2 and maybe a F-156. I don't see them coming back to make earlier models like the Ju-87 B2 or an very early Yak-1. Which is a shame, but understandable. 

 

Grt M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one day Barbarossa with I-153, DB-3, 1941 Yak-1, 1941 LaGG-3, early MiG-3, Ju-87B, Fi-156, Do-215, Romanian IAR-80, Finnish Gladiator?

There is plenty of interesting scenarios like early or late Pacific, North Africa, France 1940, Western Europe 1943 etc. but only limited capabilities. If we could "clone" the team we could have them all :):)

And now the team have to choose wisely considering many factors.

In some scenarios many planes require just changes (Bf109G-14, Bf109K-4, FW190A8) when others are being developed from scratch (Mustang, Thud, Tempest, Dora, Lighting, Schwalbe).

Anyway 3 games are being developed at once and there is something.

But the most important things, more important than new planes are new technologies - like new fuel management, jet engine mechanics, turbo superchargers, oxygen and so on.

Edited by bies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some hope, that in time they will hire a 3rd party developer solely for making different versions of existing aircraft, which could flesh out the plane sets and be sold either separately or in bundles.

 

That being said: 1941 - early 42 is woefully short on aircraft. Some entirely new models might be required.

 

Imagine some nice bundles of aircraft sold at maybe 1/3 the price of a full title:

 

”The biplane bundle”: Hs 123, I-153, CR. 42 

 

“The ground attacker bundle”: Su-2, Ju 87R, Ju 88C

 

”The Western bundle”: Hurricane Mk. II, P-40C, B-239

 

”The bomber bundle”: Do-217, DB-3, Tu-2

 

Come up with more by yourself. If enough people continue buying the products, the sky is limit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see the B, but in the interim I just use the D.  It's still a Stuka and the difference is not like Me109E7 to Me109K4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I would love to see the B, but in the interim I just use the D.  It's still a Stuka and the difference is not like Me109E7 to Me109K4.  

 

For some squadrons the transition to D1’s started in the beginning of 1942. So you are not way off. On the other hand. Some units where still using the B and R model during Stalingrad. 

 

Grt M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

I have some hope, that in time they will hire a 3rd party developer solely for making different versions of existing aircraft, which could flesh out the plane sets and be sold either separately or in bundles.

 

That being said: 1941 - early 42 is woefully short on aircraft. Some entirely new models might be required.

 

Imagine some nice bundles of aircraft sold at maybe 1/3 the price of a full title:

 

”The biplane bundle”: Hs 123, I-153, CR. 42 

 

“The ground attacker bundle”: Su-2, Ju 87R, Ju 88C

 

”The Western bundle”: Hurricane Mk. II, P-40C, B-239

 

”The bomber bundle”: Do-217, DB-3, Tu-2

 

Come up with more by yourself. If enough people continue buying the products, the sky is limit.

 

I really like that idea. Additionally they could add maps like Dubno, Smolensk or Leningrad, Murmansk, Charkov etc. so that you can start your career 22.June 1941 and then it might "branch" to the north, middle or south of the Front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the JU87 already in the moscow career ? It's just that I remember starting one, and I tend to mostly try to play through the moscow career, before I move on to stalingrad.

My trouble is my average life expectancy for one of my career pilots on either side is around 2 game weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Isn't the JU87 already in the moscow career ? It's just that I remember starting one, and I tend to mostly try to play through the moscow career, before I move on to stalingrad.

My trouble is my average life expectancy for one of my career pilots on either side is around 2 game weeks.

 

No it does have the JU-88 (Bomber) and the JU-52 (Transport)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×