Sign in to follow this  
StaB/Tomio_VR***

VR and TRACKS

Hi all

I record like everyone tracks to enjoy it after however it seems impossible to use them for making a video because when i switch back the game in 2D (without VR enabled) in order to record my track with an external software,

the tracks are trembling and the cockpit point of view is not centered and we don't see sight...

Is there a solution to this or i can forget about making videos with tracks which were made in VR ?

Also VR tracks doesn't record my head movement but this is maybe normal ??

Thanks

Edited by 64sTomio_VR

As for not centered in 2d, hit f5 to reset view to middle :)

and for me, when recording when im using vr, it records my head movements.

Edited by Macross

On 8/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, Macross said:

As for not centered in 2d, hit f5 to reset view to middle :)

and for me, when recording when im using vr, it records my head movements.

Do you mean num5 to reset view to middle? Neither num5 nor F5 seems to recenter my view in 2D. It stays centered on what looks like my left eye. Did you alter any other camera settings to enable that? Do you launch 2d by unplugging the rift usb port or by some other means? Do you run the 3DMigoto mod?

My head movement is recorded in VR also.

Thanks

Edited by Kaiza

16 hours ago, Kaiza said:

Do you mean num5 to reset view to middle? Neither num5 nor F5 seems to recenter my view in 2D. It stays centered on what looks like my left eye. Did you alter any other camera settings to enable that? Do you launch 2d by unplugging the rift usb port or by some other means? Do you run the 3DMigoto mod?

My head movement is recorded in VR also.

Thanks

Oh, num5 yeah, no idea what i was thinking, lol. Its default bind for centering view in 2d.

As for my vr, everything were plug and play, i have oculus blugged all the time, i just enable/disable vr from game settings and all works. Have mod allso.

Only thing i can think of, is reinstall il2/oculus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Macross said:

Oh, num5 yeah, no idea what i was thinking, lol. Its default bind for centering view in 2d.

As for my vr, everything were plug and play, i have oculus blugged all the time, i just enable/disable vr from game settings and all works. Have mod allso.

Only thing i can think of, is reinstall il2/oculus.

Thanks.

Are you left eye dominant by chance? Do you aim with your left eye?

Num5 re-centers my view in all other external views but does not center to my right eye in cockpit view. When I go alt-F1 it still rotates about a point centered on my left eye.

You can change where the view is centered anytime. Needs to be done on the monitor ( non-VR), then saved. Might take a try or two to get it to where you want.

From the manual:

 Adjusting the default head position:
1. Ensure any head tracking software (such as TrackIR) is disabled.
2. Make sure you cockpit view is centered by pressing the numpad 5 key (Pilot head: snap position center).
3. Adjust your camera view to the left and to the right with the Delete (Move pilot head left) and the End keys (Move pilot head right), respectively.
4. Adjust your camera view forward and backward with the Insert (Move pilot head forward) and the Home keys (Move pilot head backward), respectively.
5. Adjust your camera view up and down with the Page Up (Move pilot head up) and the Page Down keys (Move pilot head down), respectively.
6. Once you are satisfied with your changes, press the F10 key (Save current corrections in head snap position). If at any time before this step you want to revert to the default head position, press the numpad 5 key.

25 minutes ago, dburne said:

You can change where the view is centered anytime. Needs to be done on the monitor ( non-VR), then saved. Might take a try or two to get it to where you want.

From the manual:

 Adjusting the default head position:
1. Ensure any head tracking software (such as TrackIR) is disabled.
2. Make sure you cockpit view is centered by pressing the numpad 5 key (Pilot head: snap position center).
3. Adjust your camera view to the left and to the right with the Delete (Move pilot head left) and the End keys (Move pilot head right), respectively.
4. Adjust your camera view forward and backward with the Insert (Move pilot head forward) and the Home keys (Move pilot head backward), respectively.
5. Adjust your camera view up and down with the Page Up (Move pilot head up) and the Page Down keys (Move pilot head down), respectively.
6. Once you are satisfied with your changes, press the F10 key (Save current corrections in head snap position). If at any time before this step you want to revert to the default head position, press the numpad 5 key.

Thanks dburne, but just to clarify, what are you suggesting? This technique cannot be used in tracks (I do not believe), so are you suggesting I load into a game in 2D, move the default 2D view right a bit and then the track should record my right eye view once I launch VR?

If so I do not think this will assist, as it is still the left eye which is recorded, which means the view will be offset when aiming with the right eye.

Cheers

Edited by Kaiza

9 hours ago, Kaiza said:

Thanks dburne, but just to clarify, what are you suggesting? This technique cannot be used in tracks (I do not believe), so are you suggesting I load into a game in 2D, move the default 2D view right a bit and then the track should record my right eye view once I launch VR?

If so I do not think this will assist, as it is still the left eye which is recorded, which means the view will be offset when aiming with the right eye.

Cheers

Ah sorry, guess I should read more carefully - on tracks I do not know.