KpgQuop

HS129B2 4K WIP Shots

@KpgQuop

Hello Mate - just loaded into the viewer -  looking great! - Thanks for all your hard work on this!!

One little thing I noticed is looking just under the port side cockpit, there appears to be a horizontal panel line missing. Im also wondering if giving those panel lines a little edge would help spring out some 3D detail and add a little depth.

Its a bit of work but duplicating the line layer 4 times,  making two light silver grey and two darker silver grey  then moving each new layer up/down/left/right of the main panel line, and selectively cutting the areas not needed so that the final effect is the black panel line flanked by a lighter edge on one side and darker edge on the other with a common imagined light source direction.

Great stuff!

Nice work so far.

What Boo said + the fuel sign should say either 'B4' or '87' instead of the current '84'.

Thanks for the hints gents.

I tried the pannel line approach and it is an improvement.

I couldn't tell from my sources if it was a B or an 8. I'll fix that in thefinal release.

Thanks again.

I've got it! Factory fresh!

I've been a little distracted lately, so I'm late to the release. I used to box back in my 20s and I recently discovered Oculus room scale. So I picked up a title called, "The Thrill of the Fight" on Steam and got a little caught up in VR boxing. I'm 10-0 with 7 KOs so far. I figure that's not bad for 60 years old. And I was pleased to find out that I can still do three 3-minute rounds without suffering an acute myocardial infarction, LOL! You can't simulate everything about boxing in VR, nobody is punching you in the head and rib cage, but you put out the same effort as in real life, and you can throw combinations that would work in real life and so on. It's a good workout and a lot of fun. And you can work the speed bag and the heavy bag and all the other stuff when you're not fighting. But if you decide to try it, shim the batteries in your touch controllers with copper foil so they don't float and lose contact when you throw a hard punch.

But I digress, a common failing of 60-year-old males, and we mostly do it on purpose because we like to tell our stories and it's the only way to lure our victims into the story trap..Anyway...

It's beautiful! It looks like it just came in from the factory. Even when the weathered version is released, I'm going to keep both the fresh and weathered versions onboard. You've done some great work here KpgQuop, and it is much appreciated! Thank you. I loaded up the skin and took her up for a joy ride over Maykop on a bright sunny day, then switched to external view and zoomed in as far as you can with an Oculus CV1. I looked her over from all angles, then banked around to put the sun at a different angle and looked her over again. You can be justly proud of your work. As I said, beautiful!

Thank you again for all the effort that you've put into this. It was sorely needed, and this will now be my default skin when I fly the duck.

• Like 1

I'm so pleased you like the skin, I really am!😁

I'm afraid I fluffed this release - "Silly mistakes" as Black Hell Hound correctly says. The normal map was flattened, but in the process the nmap quality was corrupted. It looks like a dirt layer was merged on top of the pannel lines, rather that being "overlayed" or otherwise properly merged.  I'm mortified. I will upload the correct version in the final release as it is a subtle but noticeable improvement. That just about sums up this project in truth. A day late, a dollar short and a bit whiney too.

Ne' mind. The chipping and weathering continues apace and hopefully sooner rather than later now, a 4k HS129 will be released that doesn't suffer too much in the comparison.

PS. I won't be going toe to toe with you Sir. I'm an eater, not a fighter and you'd knock me into a cocked hat.

Cheers.

Hello all.

Here's an update on the HS129.

Have a great week end.

Spoiler

4nNp34O.jpg

LzuQxLk.jpg

JzzUP9t.jpg

Edited by KpgQuop
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Looking really good! can't wait to finally have a 4k template for that special bird. 😊

• Upvote 1

Thanks Asgar. I hope you will like the finished product, when it eventually arrives.

Excellent work!

My only suggestion is add 'demarcation' on the boundary lines of where each camo color meets. Basically blurr it about 30%

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Hi KG_S_Reuganer2002. Yes, I'll be releasing everything, no problem. Don't worry about that skin released previously. It was only a placeholder and the  bumpmap's shot anyway.

As for the deadline, I only get 2-3 hours/week on this which isn't ideal, but thanks for hanging in there y'all.

Way back in May, I thought to myself "Unless anybody mentions it, I'm going to keep those demarcation lines as they are and hope some dirt hides them.".

• Like 2