Jorge_S

Some feedback after half hour gameplay

This is some feedback on the game:

Turret axis:

Already wrote about this, turret should be it's own -x, -y axis, so that it is possible to use joystick or controller instead of mouse (without the need of third party software)

change ammo type:

I don't like to use "HUD" as it takes away some realism, however I am forced to use it because this is the only place where I can see the type of ammo I have selected. Maybe ordering ammo type change can trigger an acknowledgment text from the loader, something like: "ammo changed to XX"

Gunsight range adjustment possible bug:

when I adjust the gunsight's range (I haven't try with horizontal), the gun cannot fire. I need to click " Turret: Nestle to the gunsight" to get out of gunsight, then click it again. Is this WAD?

I also noticed I can only change ammo types while I am in the gunner's position, this is probably WAD

Suggestions

personal weapon: maybe the commander can have a personal weapon? a MG? so that it is possible to shoot from the commander's cupola, kind of similar/ same mechanic to BOX flare gun/ Flying Circus personal gun

drivers position: as of now, there is very little to do in the drivers position. It is probably best to simply close the drivers window and run the tank from the commander's position, as the visibility is better. Game is played mostly from the gunner and commanders position. Maybe you can only drive the tank while on the drivers position? and in any other position you can only give orders to the driver?

kind of like go "ahead full speed", "turn left", etc. so that there is a benefit of moving to this position

Also, maybe you can add manual transmission?

radio operator: big incognito as of now, I would like to be able to give orders to other (AI) tanks in my platoon, so that having a radio is an advantage (if no radio, then communication is only through flags, which is slower). It is key that we are able to control more than one tank through orders, in the "quick" mission I get beaten up because it is one Tiger against no less than 7 enemies, it would be fun to have AI help that can somehow be controlled

periscope/ commander's binoculars: already mentioned, it would be nice to have binoculars and periscope views

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

VR could use Xbox box controller support

Definitively; xbox controller has two axis, one is likely reserved for moving the tank, the other one will be great to use for turret (once this is available)

then a typical xbox controller has enough buttons to take care of the rest of commands

I am sure you are plenty aware of this, but the game is currently in EA. So things like models for other crewmen, radio functionality, and other quality of life stuff are still WIP even though the tanks themselves have been released.

Some good suggestions though.

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2018 at 12:25 AM, Jorge_S said:

drivers position: . Maybe you can only drive the tank while on the drivers position? and in any other position you can only give orders to the driver?

kind of like go "ahead full speed", "turn left", etc. so that there is a benefit of moving to this position

Also, maybe you can add manual transmission?

I must disagree here, for single player at least it's best to keep tank drivable from commanders position. In real life, as commander you can give precise instructions to driver like "drive left side of that tree slowly and stop between the houses" etc. However if you are only able to command (ai) driver with simple commands like like forward, left etc it would make driving unnecessarily clumsy in many situations. So in my opinion it would be best to have possibility to command driver from commander position but also keep the ability to drive it from there too.

Manual transmission would be great to have in future, also because with Tiger you could perform pivot turn when gear was in neutral

Edited by DB605

Kind of forces you to use the drivers position for the complicated stuff; so the position is not a waste of developing effort/ or eye candy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jorge_S said:

Kind of forces you to use the drivers position for the complicated stuff; so the position is not a waste of developing effort/ or eye candy

Well i personally don't like that kind of forcing, because as i said ai won't drive exactly where i want anyway. It only forces to jump unnecessarily between driver/commander position in battle situations.

It won't be waste in multiplayer anyway.

Edited by DB605

1 minute ago, DB605 said:

It won't be waste in multiplayer anyway.

In multiplayer it will be a very simplistic, uni-dimensional role; driver controls "E" engine start + 4 arrow keys (drive forward, backwards, left, right) plus the windows, maybe a machine gun if the tank design has it. Not something I would look forward to do in multiplayer

Most likely, in a 3-man turret someone will control the gunner+radio op someone else will control commander+driver

in a 2-man turret gunner is also commander so that forces a driver+radio op for someone willing to take that chore

4 hours ago, DB605 said:

I must disagree here, for single player at least it's best to keep tank drivable from commanders position. In real life, as commander you can give precise instructions to driver like "drive left side of that tree slowly and stop between the houses" etc. However if you are only able to command (ai) driver with simple commands like like forward, left etc it would make driving unnecessarily clumsy in many situations. So in my opinion it would be best to have possibility to command driver from commander position but also keep the ability to drive it from there too.

Yes, it was much better modelled in T-34 vs. Tiger, than in Steel Fury.

3 hours ago, Jorge_S said:

In multiplayer it will be a very simplistic, uni-dimensional role; driver controls "E" engine start + 4 arrow keys (drive forward, backwards, left, right) plus the windows, maybe a machine gun if the tank design has it. Not something I would look forward to do in multiplayer

One more reason, why there has to be a manual transmission, like it was modelled in T-34 vs. Tiger. Only pressing the key for forward and the game does the gear shifting, then I can play a riding lawn mover simulation, too.

Posted (edited)

Non-Stabalized Zoom-able Bino's for TC.

Eye-level ,Magnified, Topo Map w/Larger Compass in the "HUD"

Standing-by

Chief809

Edited by chief809
Further Consideration on Issue

On 8/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, Jorge_S said:

Turret axis:

Already wrote about this, turret should be it's own -x, -y axis, so that it is possible to use joystick or controller instead of mouse (without the need of third party software)

This seems to be pretty unanimous at this point. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Jorge_S said:

change ammo type:

I don't like to use "HUD" as it takes away some realism, however I am forced to use it because this is the only place where I can see the type of ammo I have selected. Maybe ordering ammo type change can trigger an acknowledgment text from the loader, something like: "ammo changed to XX"

+1 this!

I fully agree, and hope there is some added info displayed on ammo currently selected and/or just loaded without the use of the HUD.

You could simply have an audio acknowledging ammo type being loaded, much in keeping with 110 gunner interaction audio feedback.  Tilde key, F3 and select options from dropdown.  Seems to work well for interaction between 110 pilot and gunner, as it should for the gunner and loader of a tank.

Edited by SCG_Neun