Sign in to follow this  
Trek64Trek64

Download Problem!

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in.  Didn't hear from the developers and, on second thought, they probably aren't the right folks.  Anyway, maybe someone in this forum can help this newb.  I just paid for BOK through the site.  I have BOS and BOM. Picked up both in the last week and love 'em!   So, I decided to go for Kuban this afternoon.  Purchase via Paypal went fine as usual.  But when I clicked on Kuban at the download page, the 168mb installer that downloaded is labeled Battle of Moscow!  What gives?  Where is the launcher for Kuban? Please advise.

Same launcher for everything. The only difference is what you get as unlocked when you launch the game, but you install everything.

The same launcher?  It won't reinstall Moscow on my PC?  Why doesn't the launcher say "Battle of Kuban will be installed on your computer?"

Oh wait, I read like a moron. If you have already BOS and BOM installed, you don't need to download anything. If you logged in and purchased with the same account you have BOS and BOM on, you should see that BoK is activated when you launch BOS.

You already downloaded the content for BoK last week when you installed BoS.

Edited by Quinte

Because all modules are included in the same base game, so that they're all compatible with each other in multiplayer. So basically, if you buy and install one module only, you actually install BoS, BoM, BoK, BoBp, Tank Crew and Flying circus. In multiplayer, you can play on the maps from any module. But you can only use the vehicles from the modules you own, and in SP you are limited to the maps from the modules you own.

Well, sir, you were correct.  Thank you very much.  You saved me from disaster.  When I purchased Moscow, I actually downloaded and installed it.  I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to do that or didn't need to do that.  That's why I was looking to download and  install BOK.  So, BOM, BOK and all the rest are just new maps added to Stalingrad?  Very interesting.  I don't own the others.  They are listed as "early access."   

Anyway, here is another question for you.   It seems around the time I complete the mission, a yellow triangle appears in front of me. There is a little yellow circle inside the triangle.  It is very distracting. What is it?  What does it do? 

Edited by Trek64Trek64

38 minutes ago, Trek64Trek64 said:

Well, sir, you were correct.  Thank you very much.  You saved me from disaster.  When I purchased Moscow, I actually downloaded and installed it.  I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to do that or didn't need to do that.  That's why I was looking to download and  install BOK.  So, BOM, BOK and all the rest are just new maps added to Stalingrad?  Very interesting.  I don't own the others.  They are listed as "early access."   

Anyway, here is another question for you.   It seems around the time I complete the mission, a yellow triangle appears in front of me. There is a little yellow circle inside the triangle.  It is very distracting. What is it?  What does it do? 

Everything is all contained within a single client. Even if you don't own the rest you still technically have the bits and bytes on your system (ensuring multiplayer compatibility) and when you purchase access then it grants the res of the materials to you.

By the end of 2019 we'll have 6 titles all integrated together in the single client: Battles of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban, and Bodenplatte plus Tank Crew and Flying Circus Vol 1. That's four WWII flight sim oriented titles, one WWI oriented title, and a WWII tank sim. It's quite the collection!

On the yellow triangle issue... that I can't really decipher. You're flying in a mission in Career? Usually there are yellow circles indicating a waypoint to the next location... This is in Normal mode which offers help here. In Expert you have far fewer visual indicators and need to rely more on the map and navigational skills.

@Trek64Trek64

Press I key to remove markers during the simulation.

Please give us a screenshot so we can identify exactly what is it

22 hours ago, Trek64Trek64 said:

Career?  Are you kidding?  I'm just trying various single missions.  Not ready yet for career mode. 😓

Ok... so is the icon a pushpin looking triangle? That'd be the next waypoint icon. It's typical of Normal mode but you can hide by pushing (as @TG1_Nil has pointed out) I to hide icons.... Or H to hide all of the GUI elements.

Career mode will bring you endless single player entertainment. I've already had more careers than I can count.

I love the Iron Man mode, my average career length without death or capture is approximately 2 game weeks, with expert settings.  Never managed to get a pilot to through the moscow career to the stalingrad theatre. Determined to keep on trying though.

One thing that really impressed me playing reds though, was that I noticed that the front line was visibly moving almost on a daily basis towards the end of October and early days of November. Prior to that I thought the maps were static for the duration of the career phase.

Everything is all contained within a single client. Even if you don't own the rest you still technically have the bits and bytes on your system (ensuring multiplayer compatibility) and when you purchase access then it grants the res of the materials to you.

Basically - you download it all. from WWI to Tanks to WWII

and if you buy a package, you get handed the keys to your favorite Rides, be that the Fokker, the Tiger or the 109.