II./JG77_motoadve

Hydraulic damage

Are there plans to get hydraulic damage in the sim?

Has this been mentioned at all by the developers?

More detailed damage model would be nice.

• Upvote 1

I would love to see this in game, with damage to flaps and gear, leading to gravity drops and other exciting little instances to keep you on your toes 😄

My personal thing I want to be able to damage is the tail wheel lock! I remember watching 1 "F" Jef land his stricken P47 on a strip in Normandy in one of his 1946 campaigns, only to flip and explode because his tailwheel was locked at 90 degrees to how it should have been! I was so impressed at the fidelity of the damage model, I wanted to buy the game but I had neither a stick nor a powerful enough PC sadly.

An interesting issue that could arise is damage to both the flaps and brakes, so you have to come in hot, and you have the issue of how to slow down!

Edited by TheTacticalCat
Added deetaylez

I thought it was mentioned once as something that the devs wanted to implement at some point. Love to see the gear on 109s and 190s drop as I've seen in real guncam. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rjel said:

I thought it was mentioned once as something that the devs wanted to implement at some point. Love to see the gear on 109s and 190s drop as I've seen in real guncam. 

True it was mentioned 1 or 2 years ago. I would like to see that too

50 minutes ago, TheTacticalCat said:

My personal thing I want to be able to damage is the tail wheel lock! I remember watching 1 "F" Jef land his stricken P47 on a strip in Normandy in one of his 1946 campaigns, only to flip and explode because his tailwheel was locked at 90 degrees to how it should have been! I was so impressed at the fidelity of the damage model...

Trying to imagine what you saw. At landing speeds, this problem should IMO simply slow you down as the tire is scrubbed down by friction, then possibly the wheel. Think of it as a brake that is dragging. Or as a friend experienced in RL his tailwheel airplane simply ground looped as the tailwheel was not castored to 90 degrees. He only drug a wingtip. Don't see what would cause an airplane to end up on its back.

• Upvote 1

I said elsewhere in this forum that we need more technichal failures, to really call this a realiatic sim. I hate taking off and KNOWING FOR A FACT that I will land without issue (save mismanagement,  bad flying,  fire and fury from the enemy etc).

Of course,  I say this should be an optional thing. That didnt prevent lots of people to raising intense objections....

There are some gear failures in game ive had many cases where gear failed to go down (but only in large twins)
Tho never seen any fluid leaking also had issues with stuck ailerons (but they are cable)

Emergency landings are Defo Possible. My wheel was not blown off..
It simply failed to extend and i tried 3 times on final but no luck. So i setup for a high speed 1 wheel landing.
(holding it off as long as i could to avoid a violent ground loop)
1 Green 1 Red

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14
  • Like 1

I think you'd find (if you were to look up into the landing gear well) that the landing gear had (somehow) been shot off, and is no longer there. This has long been a gripe with the damage modeling for me. 

• Upvote 1

Hydrolic damage among other things is something I'd really like to see ingame, along with a better visual damage model like CloD.

I've always wanted to be in a dogfight and just see the 109s gear just flop down like in the guncamera, it would certainly hamper his flying ability and would make for a more interesting fight.

Edited by Legioneod

Is hydraulic damage modeled in CLOD?

Now the flaps on the 109 , by seeing the way they operate? , I assume they are not hydraulic, correct?

what about the 190 flaps? electric?

And the russian planes?

6 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Is hydraulic damage modeled in CLOD?

Now the flaps on the 109 , by seeing the way they operate? , I assume they are not hydraulic, correct?

what about the 190 flaps? electric?

And the russian planes?

Not sure if hydraulics are modeled in CloD but the damage visuals are much better imo. BoX damage visuals aren't really bad but they could be improved and high resolution.

Spoiler

610-1.jpg2961428-launcher+2014-06-25+11-24-16-109

I think reason why damage looks better in clod is because they model every plane inside as well. It's way more work, I am not sure box does it. 

But this is why I like both games, they have some unique things and both are great, everyone should give clod a chance :) especially after next huge update.

Remember the high ambition and level of detail in CLOD lead to it's downfall.  Somthing that most likely lead to BOX not having click pits, adjustable cockpit instruments and a highly detailed internal DM.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Remember the high ambition and level of detail in CLOD lead to it's downfall.  Somthing that most likely lead to BOX not having click pits, adjustable cockpit instruments and a highly detailed internal DM.

I would blame it on ubisoft not details and ambition. Publisher is the one who often force devs to release unfinished game and ubisoft is known for leaving games like this. Silent hunter 5... modders had to fix and finish their products. 

Yea it was lots of work and lead to technical issues that required more time to fix all bugs and devs did not get time or money to finish this game. These "big" companies are cancer of gaming, ubisoft, ea etc. Not worth making games for them, especially ambitious ones. 

But once again, it's nice to have clod and box, both games provide unique experience, not only when it comes to timeline and theatre but completely different feeling and gameplay 🙂

No, bit of revisionist history here. True big publishers can be heartless. 

But CLoD ambition and feature creep over ran budget and time restraints, they were given plenty of leeway and something eventually had to give resulting in the 'unfinished' release. 

Debates can be had of whether this was a sensible decision, but the problem (with respect) was with the management and 'focus'of the Dev team. 

If BoS had overrun by a few years publishers would also be justifyable to push for release, ready or not. 

All old history and probably best not dragged up here again. 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Like 1

109 and 190 landing gear are electrically operated while the 109 flaps are manual and the 190's are electric.  Hydraulically operated landing gear invariably has a mechanical uplock to hold the gear in place so the hydraulic pump can be turned off or at least unloaded.  The Ta152 introduced hydraulic landing gear and flaps to the 190 family and Focke Wulf almost got it sorted out by war's end.  And tailwheel locks were almost always cable operated and the locks themselves usually being of the self-centering, spring-loaded detent type that can only lock in one position.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

I would blame it on ubisoft not details and ambition. Publisher is the one who often force devs to release unfinished game and ubisoft is known for leaving games like this. Silent hunter 5... modders had to fix and finish their products.  

is called "zombie game"

There has been landing gear damage in this game for long time.

I have several cases of landing gear fails to come down in Bf 110.

33 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

There has been landing gear damage in this game for long time.

I have several cases of landing gear fails to come down in Bf 110.

This is not hydraulic damage. What we're talking about would lead to the gear dropping on its own (yeah, some planes are electric so it won't happen to them in the same way). 

CloD models hydraulic, locking and pneumatic damage (as well as a plethora of engine damage types). It would be wonderful to see these in GB. Seeing a spit with one gear drooping and the flaps slightly lowered and fluttering in the wind - oh boy.

7 minutes ago, peregrine7 said:

This is not hydraulic damage. What we're talking about would lead to the gear dropping on its own (yeah, some planes are electric so it won't happen to them in the same way). 

CloD models hydraulic, locking and pneumatic damage (as well as a plethora of engine damage types). It would be wonderful to see these in GB. Seeing a spit with one gear drooping and the flaps slightly lowered and fluttering in the wind - oh boy.

Sorry!

Yes that would be nice to have.

Edited by Godspeed

1 minute ago, Godspeed said:

Sorry!

Yes that would be nice to have.

No worries mate!

3 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

As soon as we get VR in CLOD 5.0 I wil be back  to fly it (TF is not sure about VR implementation yet though)

Think we are going to be waiting till we die for that one.