Sign in to follow this  
Arfsix

If I could read, I would probably be dyslexic!

From Announcements "Update on ROF Users Special Discount for Flying Circus!":

First, everyone who orders during the Early Access period gets a $10 discount off regular MSRP no matter what. Second, if you are an existing ROF customer and meet certain criteria you qualify for an additional discount. The criteria are as follows.

Anyone who purchased content for ROF between its launch in 2009 to July 25, 2018 from our website, STEAM or a boxed or digital copy from an official retail partners during that time frame will receive an additional discount for a limited time. 

• If you spent between $0.01 and $70.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $5 OFF.

• If you spent between $71.00 and $200.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $10 OFF.

• If you spent greater than $201.00 on ROF content you will receive an additional $15 OFF.

The special discount period ends September 14, 2018.

The question is--- What is the total discount?

I claim that the total discount  counting the early access is $40.00 because each line of the criteria states: "If you spent between (amount)on ROF content you will receive an additional (amount) OFF. Three lines equals $30.00.

Of course, I am trying to claim the full $40.00, but Support is unsure how to handle my argument. What do you think?  :gamer:

Maybe about to fall into the trap of your wind up here...

But the use of two "between" and only one "greater"  means only one case can be true.

From what I understand the answer to your question "what is the total discount" the total discount is either $10, $15, $20 or $25 depending on the total amount purchased in Rise of Flight up to this point, $10 of that not requiring any promotional code or etcetera and is just the price slashed down on the store page whilst we are in early access.

Edited by Oliver88

Phew, tough question...

On the first glance I'd also think it'll be 40.-$, consisting of the 10.-$ base discount plus the 5.-$, 10.-$ and 15.-$ for each level, but only if you spent more than 201.-$ that is.

On the second look things could be seen differently:

Fact is, you will always get the 10,-$ base discount. If you also bought RoF content, you will get an additional discount, but without the three different levels stacking up. Which would give you the following discounts:

Level 1: 15,-$ (10,-$ base discount + 5,-$ Level 1 RoF content discount)

Level 2: 20,-$ (10,-$ base discount + 10,-$ Level 2 RoF content discount)

Level 3: 25,-$ (10,-$ base discount + 15,-$ Level 3 RoF content discount)

I honestly feel like this is how it's meant to work.

Edited by Fritz_X

Fritz is correct.....  When you enter you promo code it will automatically apply either the $5, $10 or $15 dollar amount. That's what you will save on top of the $10 EA savings.