LONGOBARDO46

Tank crew : Which keys ?

Good afternoon:

If I klik above the LCTRL C key I find myself at the gunner position with the binoculars  but I can't  go to the view where there is   the circular reticle of cannon pointing .What are the correct keys? Can you help me? Thanks

PS   : My tank  : Tiger

This is great, Thad :pioneer: I have mapped all the keys to my joystick. There is only one thing left ... that I do not know how to do.

The command: "Move turret/MG Barrel Gunsight" is in mouse by default. I would like to change that to a hat in my joystick. Where can I find that in the tabs so I can change it?

Thanks

Edited by PA_Spartan-

12 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

This is great, Thad :pioneer: I have mapped all the keys to my joystick. There is only one thing left ... that I do not know how to do.

The command: "Move turret/MG Barrel Gunsight" is in mouse by default. I would like to change that to a hat in my joystick. Where can I find that in the tabs so I can change it?

Thanks

Hey Spart, you cannot currently change the traverse and elevation control to a joystick axis ect. It is mouse input only at the moment unfortunately. I hope this changes because I'm drawing up plans for a a tank sim controller/console where the elevation and traverse will be controlled by means of a hand crank connected to potentiometers... my testing the controls showed that the gun sight range can be assigned to a potentiometer encoder (throttle of my joystick for example) - this is VERY useful. You can increase or decrease range MUCH faster than hitting a key on your KB!

anyways, crossing fingers... actually we should make a suggestion thread about it... I will right now...

32 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Thanks

Salutations,

Currently this done by default with the mouse.

It can be moved to the joystick with the help of a program called JoyToKey. Or a program like it. That's what I use. I can move the turret with my joystick.

Just now, Thad said:

Salutations,

Currently this done by default with the mouse.

It can be moved to the joystick with the help of a program called JoyToKey. Or a program like it. That's what I use. I can move the turret with my joystick.

Interesting. I was waiting to make my prototype, maybe I'll try that program out... I want to control tank by voice commands and hand crank wheels... hehe. 

My current Thrustmaster HOTAS Tank settings.

ThrustmasterT16000FC_TANKSheet.png

Just now, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

What about using Voice Attack to Setup a Auto pilot or Commander/Driver thing.

22 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

By the way, are we missing the binoculars?

Yes. Now that I think about it I'd say let's do away with the silly super zoom view options and just have a one button function to pull up binocs that have the appropriate zoom Xpower. 

Drive control subtleties.

You can asign joystick axis' to forward/backward, and left/right. I played around with this for a bit and wasn't keen on using an axis for left/right, but found it useful for forward/backward. I asigned a lever, nice for being able to drive slowly when desired.

When an axis is asigned, the arrow keys still work, but here is gets a bit subtle. When I start a mission without touching the lever at all, the arrow keys work in the "normal" way, i.e. pressing the forward key will give full throttle forward, letting go will put the engine in idle, and bringing up the map while going forward sticks the throttle to full, until the forward key is pressed again, which will stop the tank. Weird, but "normal" because we got used to it.

However, as soon as I use the axis to take control of the throttle, the behaviour of the forward/backward keys is altered. Now, depending on key-press duration, throttle is altered. Now you have analogue control, using the forward/backward keys. Good for cruising at low speed, a bit crap for stopping the tank cold when needed. I gave the axis a wide deadzone, but still you gave to fiddle a bit before coming to a stop.

So, both modes have their advantages, and it's clear how to get from the old mode to the ananlogue mode, but I don't know of a quick way to get back, which I'd be keen on.

I found that after I'd spent some time poking around in the key settings, it had switched back. Maybe the joystick (a virtual joystick in this case) sets itself to idle after a while of not touching it. Of course that's not very useful, what's needed is a way to achieve this by pressing a key.

I so far have my rudder pedals for steering, and my throttle for brake and gas, its actually really cool, just push the gas foward and away I go, much nicer then the poor real life conditions for drivers and those rough gears.

I use voicebot for tank movements.

Edited by SCG_wtornado
cellphone corrector.