screamingdemon

MOD Request - "Environmental Anomalies"

Hi Guys

We all know that the first most popular recorded UFO sighting was in 1947.  Since then we have become more aware of such things and now we know that such sightings have happened throughout our history. So I am sure such things as crop circles and Unidenfied Flying Objects must have been quite common during the war, only we did not pay much attention to it as we did not understand what we were seeing.

Would it not be cool if such anomalies could pop up randomly?

crop circle.jpg

UFO.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You mean like the screen suddenly goes black, and something strange and unexpected gets shoved up your arse?

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, screamingdemon said:

Hi Guys

We all know that the first most popular recorded UFO sighting was in 1947.  Since then we have become more aware of such things and now we know that such sightings have happened throughout our history. So I am sure such things as crop circles and Unidenfied Flying Objects must have been quite common during the war, only we did not pay much attention to it as we did not understand what we were seeing.

Would it not be cool if such anomalies could pop up randomly?

crop circle.jpg

UFO.jpg

Do you know that such anomalies (like UFO, GOD etc) doesnt exist, right?

An eyewitness report from my country:

'Was on the field, was f@ckn dark, then suddenly -- what the f@ck? And became f@ckn dark again.'

Plenty of UFOs in my current Moscow career. What with the dim light and low cloud, I can hardly ever identify anything unless it is firing at me, and given the behaviour of the AI it would not surprise me if those were my own wingmen, although they could be aliens.

• Haha 1

Sounds like raaaid's more articulate relative. 

Never understood crop circles anyway... what about crop-hexagons or crop-rhombi, do they count?

Edited by Leaf

Sounds like an interesting idea for a mod.

Personally, I just want some Martian Tripods.

• Like 1

To the OP's point, sometimes it is just simply fun to find something unexpected. Falcon 3 had a water spout at the end of a river and Godzilla in the Sea of Japan. I thought they were funny as hell the first time I saw it. There were rumors of bird flocks in EAW that somebody always knew of somebody else who'd seen them. I never did but it would've be cool to. I wouldn't want to see this sim turned into a mockery of itself but I don't want to lose sight of the fun factor in it either.

7 hours ago, unreasonable said:

Anomalies in the Moscow map.

Wow, are they real? I must see them, please disclose exact coordinates.

5 hours ago, Rjel said:

Falcon 3 had a water spout at the end of a river and Godzilla in the Sea of Japan.

Excuse me while I buy Falcon 3.

6 hours ago, sniperton said:

Absolutely real. I only noticed them a couple of days ago while on the early days of a Moscow career. I cannot remember the exact position but I think it was about 15-20km NW of the initial JG 51 airfield (Dungino?)  so fairly close to the west edge of the map.  

They look like an ancient burial site.

18 hours ago, unreasonable said:

Anomalies in the Moscow map.

11 hours ago, sniperton said:

4 hours ago, unreasonable said:

Absolutely real. I only noticed them a couple of days ago while on the early days of a Moscow career. I cannot remember the exact position but I think it was about 15-20km NW of the initial JG 51 airfield (Dungino?)  so fairly close to the west edge of the map.  

They look like an ancient burial site.

See here :

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28377-crop-circles-on-moscow-map/

Yes I thought I had seen mention of them before.  Not irrigation for sure: also too regular and too irregular to be artifacts from an incompetent graphics artist. So my money is that either:

a) They were put there deliberately by a graphical artist curious to see if anyone would notice.

b) They were put there at the request of the GRU to send a coded message to a sleeper agent in the USA to begin his mission.

c) They were put there by aliens to tell us to pay 42 billion stellar credits into their account in Basle by the 13th August 2018 or else.....

It can happen that a graphic artist overlooks things like this. Even after a check and double check.

What wonders me is that the texture has never been corrected and included in the one of the many updates since the day - March 2017- it got mentioned.

14 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

It can happen that a graphic artist overlooks things like this. Even after a check and double check.

What wonders me is that the texture has never been corrected and included in the one of the many updates since the day - March 2017- it got mentioned.

Why does it need correcting?  Buried structures create slight depressions and changes in moisture above them, making them clearly visible from the air if lighting and climate are right.  There have been loads of new sites discovered by aerial survey this year in the UK due to the unusually hot weather.  The "Moscow" anomaly looks exactly like a prehistoric site. 

Edited by unreasonable

I was hoping those “discs” were meant to be the remains of craters or trenches from the Battle of Borodino, personally.

• Like 1

Cannot be Borodino unless I have completely messed up my recollections of where they are: Borodino was much further east.  Also they do not look like 19th century military earthworks which would be arrow or wedge shaped rather than circles.  These look like animal enclosures around a hut, or perhaps ceremonial sites.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, sniperton said:

Those are everywhere in the map.

Grazing animals cause those in real life for example. 

I thought I had seen it all and heard it all in flight sim forums... but crop circles and UFO's?

Wait, maybe we can then find ourselves in an alternative reality with wookies and Jawa's and jedi's and... feel free to shoot me in the head anytime you like!