Sign in to follow this  
=38=Tatarenko

Dev Answers (part 50) in Russian Forum

From the first 374 posts here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1116-obsuzhdenie-50-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/

- Snow will be reworked for brightness

- Trees to change

- Pe-2 radioman gun can be moved to different sides

- online (multiplayer) tests currently using Lapino map

- put arms on your chair if using OR as you'll be twisting around a lot!

- multiplayer may be later than anticipated but if so then we'll get something else to cheer us up

- il-2 quite soon, certainly during winter months

- prob Stuka after that for balance once cockpit textured etc

- IL-2 DM is ready

- il-2 feels great, reliable, well armed and armoured and you feel invulnerable. However that changes the moment you are out in the cold in the gunners position - you feel really exposed.

- stuka MG pods good against AA guns and soft convoys

- FANTASTIC NEWS: there will be air/ground spotter objects (I have tried this in HSFX and it makes such a difference in campaigns)

- graphics presets not final

BTW this Saturday morning there are three 1CGS staff watching that thread. Don't they ever have a break?

• Upvote 15

Thanks for the review.

- FANTASTIC NEWS: there will be air/ground spotter objects (I have tried this in HSFX and it makes such a difference in campaigns)

What is air ground spotter object, exactly?

Tells a pilot there are 20 Heinkels crossing the front line 20km south of you, for example. The whole thing becomes way more immersive. Or you get a call from base that they've spotted bandits there. It really makes you feel you are in a battle.

Edited by =38=Tatarenko
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for taking the time to pass this info onto this board.

spotter sounds great :)

for using arm when OR that means clickable cockpit right :) cuz there is no way to find right button on keyboard or even some remote buttons of hotas lol from my brief experience in warthunder OR

Edited by =69.GIAP=Yastreb

Are the presets not final as in gone for good soon or just using different settings later?

• Upvote 1

No, in this case it's not turning the gun mount, it is taking a gun from one side to the other or manning two different guns with the same guy.

In classic Il-2 this crew position was not available because the same-guy-two-windows problem could not be solved.

Edited by JtD

Yes the gun had 2 positions and was sometimes used in a third. So it was actually detached and moved.

And thank you to everyone who said thank you. Appreciated.

Edited by =38=Tatarenko

That's very nice from you to bring here information gathered in the russian forum. Thank you.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, us non Russian speakers do appreciate it. 

IL-2 and Stuka both look amazing. With the sound quality in this game I can't wait to hear that siren on the Stuka.

Thx Tatarenko, if no satisfaction or enough News from 1C/777 Team we have you to make the day :D

<S>

The gun moving position is standard in some of the RoF bombers so I am happy it has made it into BoS. Hope its quite slow to do though, wouldn't be easy with a heavy mg in a moving aircraft!

Thank you from an exp-pat Southerner :).

Pe-2 will be a lot of fun, also looking forward to hearing more about the He-111.

So the tree's will have advanced on from ROF? Hard to tell much from a winter map and the spotters will absolutely add a lot to immersion.

• Upvote 1

Tells a pilot there are 20 Heinkels crossing the front line 20km south of you, for example. The whole thing becomes way more immersive. Or you get a call from base that they've spotted bandits there. It really makes you feel you are in a battle.

I hope there will be some Fog of War in these announcements. That the reported plane numbers and types aren't always totally accurate.

In some cases (planes far away or bad weather) a spotter could just say bombers/fighters, but not correct plane type.

I hope there will be some Fog of War in these announcements. That the reported plane numbers and types aren't always totally accurate.

In some cases (planes far away or bad weather) a spotter could just say bombers/fighters, but not correct plane type.

Yes it was just an example. In HSFX it says Bombers or Fighters or sometimes just aircraft if cloudy.

• Upvote 1

Something like Artillery/Photo recon missions like in Rise of Flight?

I think the spotter object could be a nice addition to multiplayer missions if each team had a limited number of spotters (like 1-2) that could be placed somewhere in your team's area when a mission begins.

Even better if it could be moved during a mission, like with a lorry or something.

Nice work Ian for keeping us informed...

Yes, thank you for the extra intel!

Are you able to relate your MP testing experience at all? :)

Are you able to relate your MP testing experience at all? :)

No.

Something like Artillery/Photo recon missions like in Rise of Flight?

I don't believe so. Anyway, we don't know yet.

here little about some optimisation (at this moment not working, specially for testing, when will be included multiplayer, optimisation will be enabled too) and future plans about full using of free cores for aerodynamics/FM etc...

You guys do realize that google chrome will translate all the russian stuff don't you? Just saying.

You guys do realize that google chrome will translate all the russian stuff don't you? Just saying.

It will but it won't go through hundreds of posts and pick out the good stuff.

• Upvote 3

Think about it for a minute. When was the last time you found the developer of a sim providing this much contact/information? I'm 75 years old and have been flying sims for a lonnnnnnnng time and I've never seen this much attention from home base. Thank you!

• Upvote 2

Good to see you are still flying at 75 Wolf. That means I should be good for another 7 years at least.

• Upvote 1

Think about it for a minute. When was the last time you found the developer of a sim providing this much contact/information? I'm 75 years old and have been flying sims for a lonnnnnnnng time and I've never seen this much attention from home base. Thank you!

Great :) I know a 75y Canadian still flying. My father is 76 and i had a hard time trying to learn him how to use a mobile phone LOL

And i dont dear to think about give him a tutchscreen phone yet :-D So respect to you Wolf !

Thanks Wolf!

Jason