meplanes1969

v2effects

I tried to run the track again, removing different files from the "new effects". My black smoke is only associated with the file "n_whitesmoke7-detail". Without it, the default hit is dark gray.

Yes perhaps if this file is swapped out for a less extreme white smoke it will work better,I will look later

good you have found the file which is the culprit, this has been bugging me ( plane hit from watching vids are white puffs with a bit off debris,with sometimes a reddish spark on impact)

if we can recreate this effect I will be 😃 

FF72847A-7C8A-4896-A1E5-6F716702A8E4.jpeg

Edited by meplanes1969
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:40 PM, FoxbatRU said:
I tried to run the track again, removing different files from the "new effects". My black smoke is only associated with the file "n_whitesmoke7-detail". Without it, the default hit is dark gray.

yes just take this file out,the mods off whitesmoke7detail works better than any I can find,apart from that everything else should work ok apart from the rocket launchers black smoke,I can live with that,anyway you can go mods on or off,it can give you bit off a change.( that’s the wonder off JSME you can skip in and out off mods as you please)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JG_deserteagle540 said:

@meplanes1969

Wow.

Great work!   Thanks!

I guess that the impact of a real German Mine shells would look like these new effects.

Many thanks,I have done some new single missions,you can check them out the best one is spitfire taxi to runway in missions pack.

have fun and happy flying🤩

I forgot to mention you do need battle of bodenplatte to fly the missions

On 7/31/2018 at 3:09 PM, meplanes1969 said:

these updated,

unzip this file you should get a folder called new effects,double click then you should get another folder called new effects put this into your JSME mods folder inside your main il2 sturmovik folder if you had my previous one just delete that one ( keep it if you like but do not have both running at the same time as they may conflict )

the files are inside your main il2 sturmovik folder then data folder then,graphics folder,then textures folder then particles folder put everything inside your particles folder,if you do not have these folders just create them yourself,you are better having JSME as it’s easy too install and take out mods without disturbing anything,hope this explains everything,,any problems let me know

new effects.zip 2.59 MB · 1 download

delete the old ones double click on folder once till you get new effects put into your jsme modds folder rember to delete old one,about 90 per cent happy with these,i have had time to keep the good effects and root out about 6 effects that needed to change

• Thanks 1

some screenshots in earlier pages

maybe several changes to the last one released,had a white haze around exploding objects,now you get improved explosions,do a tank mission and you will see,also the large explosions a better blend of smoke,do a quick mission over stalingrad and you will see,also a few smoke improvements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2