meplanes1969

v2effects

can you update the first post with the latest? I'm not sure what I need to add with all the other files and updates. Thanks!

Ok...short test with the smoke fix. It doesen´t eliminate the effect et all, but it´s better than before. Let´s see if the Dev´s will find an ingame solution in of the next patches.

Keep fingers crossed.

The smoke effect is the smoke from guns off the planes ,some planes produce no smoke some more.

its nothing to do with the tracer gun smoke effects which are a bit extreme.

the gun muzzle produces a small bit off smoke in some guns,with this toned down it helps FPS in some cases if a lot guns firing in busy scenerio

Excuse my ignorance, but is the mod good for Mods Off mode?

No.  It's a mod.  'Mods enabled' must be checked for it to work.

17 minutes ago, Beebop said:

No.  It's a mod.  'Mods enabled' must be checked for it to work.

Aah, that's too bad. I was kind of expecting it to work online, like some mods do.

If the server has 'Mods Enabled' on it would work.  But both server and client must have 'Mods Enabled' on.  If the server has mods enabled  you can't join unless you enable mods too.  Likewise if you do not have mods enabled you can't join a server that has them on.

another update 

I wanted to change this file as the one before you got to white a smoke you can not see easy and is not really realistic unless the fire truck has got to the fire pretty quick

do not confuse this with the other building smoke  it is complety different

just overwrite and put into particles folder

n_buildingsmoke.zip

BDE9136E-4BAC-4695-9834-775506510A8C.jpeg

4EC16DF9-7FD3-4D27-9A0F-0C4FF4E1442D.jpeg

CCF8FAA4-8A4A-48DA-922A-CD628F5AA396.jpeg

B1B1817C-EA40-41B7-8F2D-2BAD96EF7D9D.jpeg

as before you got white smoke after the explosion now you get more realistic darker smoke,good for seeing better,any gremlins with this file let me know, have fun and a nice day🥳👍✌️

• Like 2

this one is updated ground bullet hits spikes effect,i can not make these last longer in duration,but are slighty better,

if you have downloaded my earlier effects mods ,just put this file into particles folder and overwrite the old one,i have tested these on tank mission as well so should all work ok,have fun and a good day😀

n_whitesmoke8_su.zip

30BA774A-C35D-4D8C-BBFB-C77DFF143534.jpeg

A9CFA913-7026-49CE-A042-0B3B981E345B.jpeg

959E404F-BE26-4131-82E5-7052D094B2CF.jpeg

20F96DC9-B27F-43BC-81C9-11884D929E78.jpeg

0AFF3015-B057-4F04-87E7-37DADCBDC85C.jpeg

C79FE9BD-AE03-4714-9C23-82337E2A26F1.jpeg

the last two pics are just smoke from tanks from my effects mod,

the bullet hit ground spikes need a longer animation,if anyone can do!!

but I think these are slightly better for now.

these are just for fun,if you do not like just take this file out off your particles folder and the original ones will work as before

The two tank pics,are the machine guns shooting at the ground ( just too see if they look ok up close)

when you are firing from a plane you do not really have time to look!

Are you able to edit the effects for explosions and aircraft crashes? 

I collided with another raircraft and the explosion lacked particles, was very pale and unsaturated, didn't really contain any debris and all in all looked very tame and csrtoonish :(

Visually I find that one of the weakest aspects of the game so far. Would be great to see more detail, richness and debris coming out of explosions and crashes 👍

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

Yes you can I think they are the nflame files, there are about 6 off these files.

i have not done these yet as they are more complicated as they have too be linked in the correct way.

airplane collisions and aircraft flying into the ground can be improved 

this is a very complex effect as crashes can be very different in the way they happen.

i do think the vanilla ones are ok, I try not too crash too often !!🤢😨

I do think this sim needs three or four different animations for aircraft crashes,

they properly do not have the resources or the money Microsoft have too do these things. ( Hollywood studio effects would be great )

Wow I was just watching a YouTube video, a v1 explode, massive explosion,you would have too be a great distance behind and a lucky potshot too blow one-off them from the sky!!

i know one really skillful pilot flew by its side and tipped it over with his wings, amazing stuff ( like something out off a biggles annual )

1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

...they properly do not have the resources or the money Microsoft have too do these things...

IL-2 Great Battles 2020?

Hey meplanes1969, I really like your work.  You continue to do what you can, when you can, and I'll be a happy, grateful recipient.  If all development stopped now on your mods I would still  be pleased that I have what you made available.  This whole game is like a giant Beta Test in so many ways with new "issues" creeping out of the woodwork with every "improvement". 

You, along with a few dedicated modders have helped this game improve visibly and make it an even greater joy to fly. 

Thank you and keep on truckin'!

• Haha 1

My new year wish for this sim is.

more mission ground objects made,for mission builders, ie churches,barges,windmills,small farm buildings,ponds,etc

and a easy mission builder, where you can change planes,weather and put any mission objects into missions easy eg airfield objects fire trucks etc

i know you can do this in mission builder already,but it would be good if we had something more easy too work with.

not many off the community are making missions, because they are too difficult and time consuming

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

it would be good if we had something more easy too work with.

not many off the community are making missions, because they are too difficult and time consuming

I couldn't agree more.  Mind you, I like the complexity that this Mission Editor can give you but all to often I feel like I need to take some advanced programming courses and at least Introduction To Cray Computing For Astrophysicists just to make a convoy move down a road or a train move down the tracks in a simple mission, not to mention that even with that knowledge it can take all day to get AI fighters to interact with the environment you're creating because there are so many variables.  Even with familiarity it still takes a long, long time to make a good 45 minute mission.

(thank god for SYN_Vander's Easy Mission Generator).

• Thanks 1

even the experts take a year to make a mission pack,I like jade monkeys missions the best,they are really good

I hope we get a attack airfield,bodenplatte mission soon,it seems strange we are not getting any missions that justify the phrase off the war we are buying into!

we do like a good moan,it just takes a lot time to get everything that everyone wants,maybe in year 2030 we will all be pleased

Hi Meplanes, the zip file in the first post also contains the collection of all the other effects?

Ciao!

M

no any later downloads, just put into your particles folder and replace

go into your main sturmovik folder,find folder data,then folder graphics,then folder textures,then you will find folder particles put or replace any dds files into that folder ,or if you use jSME you can replace inside

20 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

no any later downloads, just put into your particles folder and replace

go into your main sturmovik folder,find folder data,then folder graphics,then folder textures,then you will find folder particles put or replace any dds files into that folder ,or if you use jSME you can replace inside

Ok, thanks Meplanes !

another updatr,i have made the explosions and fire effects a bit more fierce, also the nflame8 file makes the fire effect in Stalingrad a bit better put these in my earlier effects particles folder and replace ,overwrite the old ones,i have tested these,but if you find any problems let me know,have a nice day and have fun

fire.zip flashexplosion.zip n_explosionflash.zip n_fireray.zip n_flame8.zip

AF059D87-9BC4-41A4-AB38-609386A6549F.jpeg

89A3A143-E52D-495A-BE31-42BA97EB7FCE.jpeg

84CA18ED-E5CB-4D12-977C-0FC392E7F560.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you have downloaded my effects please delete files silversa,silvers,silvers,silversd

these do not work,they need to be deleted from the particles folder,many thanks

all 4 off the silvers a,b,c,d

the reason these 4 files do not work if you fire at a tree you get horrible white puffs,

I was banging my head trying to find the culprit off this,but found these 4 files the problem

the original ones work far better anyway

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

If you have downloaded my effects please delete files silversa,silvers,silvers,silversd

these do not work,they need to be deleted from the particles folder,many thanks

all 4 off the silvers a,b,c,d...the original ones work far better anyway

OK.  Sorry if I didn't quite understand, so you are saying the "silvers a,b,c,d" found in the "new effects-1" file you uploaded in the Nov. 7 post are the best files to use?

6 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

another updatr,i have made the explosions and fire effects a bit more fierce, also the nflame8 file makes the fire effect in Stalingrad a bit better put these in my earlier effects particles folder and replace ,overwrite the old ones,i have tested these,but if you find any problems let me know,have a nice day and have fun

fire.zip 22.34 kB · 20 downloads flashexplosion.zip 15.61 kB · 20 downloads n_explosionflash.zip 15.62 kB · 19 downloads n_fireray.zip 15.6 kB · 18 downloads n_flame8.zip 22.34 kB · 19 downloads

AF059D87-9BC4-41A4-AB38-609386A6549F.jpeg

89A3A143-E52D-495A-BE31-42BA97EB7FCE.jpeg

84CA18ED-E5CB-4D12-977C-0FC392E7F560.jpeg

Thanks for the update, I look forward to having a play. 

Would it be possible to update your first post so it has links to your most recent work throughout the thread? 

Great work, appreciate the efforts, will try tomorrow :)

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

• Upvote 1

Beautiful explosions and fire. It's scary to shoot at planes!:good:Such puffs of smoke fly away from them that it seems that it will fall apart now.:biggrin: But no, they continue to fly. Need to get used to it.

3 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

no none of them delete them all,they do not work

OK.  Thanks. 

Please tell me which file from your mod is responsible for black smoke from hits on an enemy’s plane? Not when it caught fire, but the one that occurs when it hits, and then disappears.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:09 PM, meplanes1969 said:

D0020121-5A1C-41E1-89CE-105C9DEEFFB3.jpeg

BA36D504-42ED-4FCF-B167-533879C82EDF.jpeg

4D6C4215-2CBE-4B41-8D21-A05D31340E71.jpeg

0AE54F97-30A3-4D09-B682-0697BAA0131F.jpeg

5359803B-1C3F-4B3C-B77B-BDC061C26F21.jpeg

5B0E1A29-644E-48F4-8B7C-C7670F080F67.jpeg

pics off mig3 flying over Stalingrad in spectator mode view

3 hours ago, FoxbatRU said:

Please tell me which file from your mod is responsible for black smoke from hits on an enemy’s plane? Not when it caught fire, but the one that occurs when it hits, and then disappears.

I do not really know,watching you tube vids you see more pronounced white puffs 

so I was trying to recreate this effect better without any success.

it seems certain smoke effects have duel roles within the game,which makes it difficult to swop them around too much,

Edited by meplanes1969
old

7 часов назад, meplanes1969 сказал:

I do not really know,watching you tube vids you see more pronounced white puffs 

so I was trying to recreate this effect better without any success.

it seems certain smoke effects have duel roles within the game,which makes it difficult to swop them around too much,

I spoke about these black clouds. At first it’s unusual. But you get used to it. The rest is just beautiful, that you don’t feel like playing without a mod.

Yes there is a black smoke somewhere that needs too change,also the rocket launchers on the ground belt out black smoke as well,it’s a shame because I am pleased witheverything else.

i have a feeling it might be the blackray smoke

32 minutes ago, FoxbatRU said:

I spoke about these black clouds. At first it’s unusual. But you get used to it. The rest is just beautiful, that you don’t feel like playing without a mod.

Now, I watched that video and I now see what is bugging me about the effects. When the coolant is ruptured the trail from each leak is really very thick! Would there be a way to reduce the thickness of the vapour stream by around 50% ? 

Visually it makes you feel like you have done some 'big' damage but to my eye it looks just too huge :(

• Upvote 1