meplanes1969

v2effects

You can maybe change the bullet tracers visually as I think maybe they are bit extreme,but it will not change a lot,as the files EFX and EPL are encoded

many effects need to be longer or shorter in length duration,or brighter or dimmer

till can open these files I do not think they can change,maybe I am wrong

I do see a smoke effect that I think needs to change ( mods off one)

see the pics I took flying over it,and one that from real life,

2BA9FBC8-9C40-47E5-BAE8-CAF9CD2674E9.jpeg

8A523256-4E60-4010-88AE-A4D078E91F24.jpeg

A9CA62BE-CEAE-41A6-A0AF-E42242C0BE20.jpeg

DB237EE4-4DE3-47B7-8944-DE2ECBA3BA32.jpeg

You see these ones do not look right from vanilla game,if I can find the right effect I will change,but as I said before it can be a nightmare to find the right file and many conflict with other things

no can not do, can not open these files

all can do is make dds files bigger or smaller

maybe can make the plane landing lights smaller size as they seem a bit to bright.

i not an expert on what they really should look like, can only look at video or pics online.

i think the vanilla game is good as it is, mods are a bit hit or miss.

but are fun none the less

2 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

you need this file as well,put in same place as above,just make the bullet lasers less extreme

n_s_flash.zip 4.02 kB · 5 downloads

Is this for the crazy ricocheting bullets shot on ground surface? Just testing your mod and had the impression they're a bit less visible.

(and saw for the first time the bullets even bouncing off from the water..)

You mentioned the landing lights, there's a working mod here somewhere.

Tracers do bounce off water.

certain times when firing onto land or water you will not get bouncing tracers,must be certain angles and heights.

very complicated stuff,really well implicated in the game.

i do not think by changing these files it would have any effect on any outcome

I spent three years as a gunner on top of various vehicles in Iraq. Bullets will bounce and ricochet off of almost anything from almost any angle. We had a guy test fire before rolling out of the gate and one of his tracer rounds hit dirt, went up in the air, came back toward the vehicle, by some miracle whizzed between his fat ass and the edge of the turret, landed next to the TC and melted the seat cushion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Very nice mod.  👌  I am enjoying it immensely.  In addition it will be a real plus to have if and when I get Tank Crew.

• Haha 1

28.10.2019 в 01:41, meplanes1969 сказал:

I have made the flashshot file

where to put it?

@meplanes1969

Does the attached *.zip file on the first post in this thread include all effects? If not, which files do I need to install?

Edited by sevenless

On 10/30/2019 at 1:56 PM, huligan said:

where to put it

Edited by meplanes1969
expired

* I D/L'ed the 'new effects' file in first post.
* I D/L'ed  the "flashshot" and "n_s_flash" files and added them into;
 'new effects' > 'data' > 'graphics' > 'textures' > 'particles' 
* Next I D/L'ed and added the "silversb", "silversc" and "silversd" .dds files and removed the same named .tga files in that same folder.  
* I then put the 'new effects' folder into my 'MODS' folder and enabled through JSGME.

Everything works smoothly and as intended.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes I would like to see bigger explosions in this sim

looking at the pics off tank crew I think maybe we have some on the way.

i would also like to see more explosion sounds ( you can be a few meters away from a large explosion and not really hear much,granted if you have canopy down and engine revs,but I really think you could hear explosions better)

also better more pronounced flak explosion sounds, in ww2 you really could hear flat bursts.

i know the devs will not let us mod sound effects, maybe for good reason,who knows what crazy sounds could be modded, 

31.10.2019 в 14:45, meplanes1969 сказал:

3 off the files were TGA files instead off dds files,so they need to replace

this is understandable, but where to put the flashshot file?

On 11/2/2019 at 6:39 PM, Beebop said:

* I D/L'ed  the "flashshot" and "n_s_flash" files and added them into;
 'new effects' > 'data' > 'graphics' > 'textures' > 'particles' 

Missed my post (2 above yours) I see.

meplanes, possibly update the first d/l link for those who don't read through the thread? (if already done, ignore the man behind the curtain)

I always read through the entire thread before d/l'ing anything, just to see what issues may arise or have been fixed, any screenshots.  Occasionally I have found that a certain mod might not be for me.  To coin an American eduation phrase from the 70's (I think), "Reading is essential."

• Upvote 1

Yes the last download is final,do not have the time with work and other things.

i find tinkering around with things in the game very time consuming.

I find that I am not playing the sim ( that’s what I really need to do)

the new update today was outstanding and started a typhoon campaign, see lack off playing , got killed in my first mission😱

now into p-47 campaign, 4 missions in and still alive ,great immersion.

one day if I had time I would love to learn to make missions ( not easy ) maybe when I retire !!

39 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

...one day if I had time....maybe when I retire !!

When you retire.  HAHAHAHA!  THAT'S what I thought and I'm busier than ever. 

The difference is, it's things I want to do, like fly IL-2, instead of what a boss tells me to do.

Well I am happy with your effects mod so will look forward to more content from you......................later.

• Haha 1

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have noticed that nearly all of these files are absent in my game directories. For instance, there is no data\LuaScripts\hookargs.txt or any of these epl files and so forth. Could it be because I am running the steam version? I love to mod, but don't have any of these files it seems. Is there something I have to unpack maybe?

@meplanes1969

Thanks for your update, one question. Your original .dds file is n_buildingsmoke.dds, the new is N-BuildingSmoke.dds...... am I correct in renaming the same as the previous ? Else the new file will not over write the old correct?

Best regards and thanks again .

fubar

Edited by fubar_2_niner

There is a "N-BuildingSmoke.dds" in the original mod as well as a "n-buildingSmoke.dds".  They are two different files.  This new file overwrites the  original "N-BuildingSmoke.dds".  In fact both N-BuildingSmoke.dds and  n-nuildingSmoke.dds files in the original download look nearly, or are, identical.  This changes N-BuildingSmoke.dds

Back up the original if you are concerned or want to return to the original file.

Edited by Beebop

This new one should look like this,

D05020D6-4876-4CDD-8BCA-1C51E674A9DD.jpeg

66D0831E-DBB3-40A6-A3C8-D375E3F787B6.jpeg

8F1F2EF6-EC2D-44F9-A3D2-BEBA68C3BF29.jpeg

it’s hard to find what effects do what,when you fly over towns,villages they did not look right ( see my pics top off the page )

I like these effects better.

just replace this new file with the old one in particles folder

these general show up not over stalingrad but in campaign mode or scripted campaigns ,

does anyone know what the battlesmoke file does it’s in the landscape folder?

• Like 2

Interesting topic here. Question: it is possible that one of you guys can fix the annoying "Smoke fading bug" ? (I call it so) This plagues this sim for years.

Edited by Semor76
  • Upvote 1

I wish I could,I do not think anyone has been successful yet 100 per cent,I think only the devs know how

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

I wish I could,I do not think anyone has been successful yet 100 per cent,I think only the devs know how

There used to be a mod called draw distance emitters. This make it possible to view smoke or some objects from a long way, like we have implemented now. It also stopped the fading. I can’t find this mod anywhere it must’ve been deleted. However though, I still have the mod installed with some tweaks to it. I do not have the fading Smoke bug!  When I get home I will upload my files here. 

• Thanks 1

rowdy, I have that mod but since the later updates seemed to have fixed much of what that mod did I didn't reinstall it. 

So it stops the fading, does it have any "ill effects" given the new view distances that have been enabled?

15 minutes ago, rowdyb00t said:

There used to be a mod called draw distance emitters. This make it possible to view smoke or some objects from a long way, like we have implemented now. It also stopped the fading. I can’t find this mod anywhere it must’ve been deleted. However though, I still have the mod installed with some tweaks to it. I do not have the fading Smoke bug!  When I get home I will upload my files here. 

Stalingrad Smoke Mod/Draw Distance Increase to be found here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/39549-mod-draw-distance-increase-ships-stalingrad-smoke-updated/

2 minutes ago, Beebop said:

rowdy, I have that mod but since the later updates seemed to have fixed much of what that mod did I didn't reinstall it. 

So it stops the fading, does it have any "ill effects" given the new view distances that have been enabled?

When I get home I will figure out which files I still have from the MOD. There there are no ill effects with this enabled. To be honest I’m not sure what is in these files that has stopped the fading.

@Uufflakke

I have removed some files from that mod. So it is possible that it may break something. 

Edited by rowdyb00t

@Beebop

check the file stucture and delete everything but the smoke emitters. I believe that’s what I had done