Sotka94

Plane you are looking forward to the most?

To this and Bodenplatte and tank crew, they all share the same, nothing for me to desire. All I see is FPS gaming dogfight . What next , Korea F 86 vs Mig 15? 

I wonder how many of these fighter pack that will come?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

To this and Bodenplatte and tank crew, they all share the same, nothing for me to desire. All I see is FPS gaming dogfight . What next , Korea F 86 vs Mig 15? 

I wonder how many of these fighter pack that will come?

I believe all existing RoF multiseaters will be ported to FC one day, if the cash allows. Then a possibility of rather tactical encounters is very likely. But for now - what can you expect? The crowd wants to shoot others, right? :joy::hunter:

Edited by J2_Jakob
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I noticed, once it was a purpose behind the fight, now it is more up and fight for the fight itself, why do you think MP servers never increase population?

Because all new coming in only replace old ones. People get fed up by it

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

Let's hope for "TAWW1" when we have something to fly with... 🙃

Edited by J2_Jakob
  • Upvote 1

The Camel and Alb V for now. I won't hide that what I'm really waiting for is to fly the EIII and Noop 11 in VR :) I guess I'll still have a long while to wait though...

Overall, of the planes we know we are getting, it would be the Bristol.

However, for the next pair to be issued I would like to see the Camel and the D.Va, as this would give both sides a rotary and a water cooled inline/Vee engine choice.

Dream planes would be the Sopwith Tripe, Hansa-Brandenburg W 12, and Macchi M.5

8kGEaI.jpg

160bhp, 117mph top speed, two unsyncronized  Vickers .303 guns. And she is just plain pretty.   What's not to like?

Che bella macchina!

• Upvote 1

Salutations,

I'm looking for the plane that I am so comfortable and good in that I can't be defeated in air combat. 

Oh, I'm still looking.  😁

6 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Overall, of the planes we know we are getting, it would be the Bristol.

However, for the next pair to be issued I would like to see the Camel and the D.Va, as this would give both sides a rotary and a water cooled inline/Vee engine choice.

Dream planes would be the Sopwith Tripe, Hansa-Brandenburg W 12, and Macchi M.5

8kGEaI.jpg

160bhp, 117mph top speed, two unsyncronized  Vickers .303 guns. And she is just plain pretty.   What's not to like?

Che bella macchina!

Having to try and land it ?

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, LuseKofte said:

Yeah I noticed, once it was a purpose behind the fight, now it is more up and fight for the fight itself, why do you think MP servers never increase population?

Because all new coming in only replace old ones. People get fed up by it

Sorry, but that's nonsense.  MP population has steadily increased.  I expect that it will increase significantly when BoBP is released.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Having to try and land it ?

No big deal.  The Hansa and the Felixstow in RoF were really not any more difficult, just different, that any other plane.

• Upvote 1

The S.E.5.a and the Fokker D.VII I feel like I have the most connection to. Really interesting aircraft both of them and good performers in their element.

I also have a soft spot for the Camel though it loves to kill me on its own in Rise of Flight. We'll see if it does in Flying Circus too.

48 minutes ago, ST_Pirato said:

I'd like to see the N17 and the Albatros D.III. It's a perfect match.

For the Albatros, yes. For the Nieuport, less so :P 

From the Volume 1, the Dolphin. Under RoF engine it's a dog, showing lot of potential but not living up to it. Having seen how Spad and Dr.I turned out, I can't wait for Dolphin. 

From outside the FC1, Nieuport 28  for exactly same reasons and (old FM) Tripehound.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 7:38 AM, Kreisau said:

Of the planes included in FC Vol.I, what plane or planes are you most impatient for?

Personally I'm curious to see how the Camel and SE.5a will feel like to fly. In RoF Camel felt to me about as unpleasant to fly (at least with more than 50% fuel load) as the Dr.I, but seeing as the FC Dr.I very positively surprised me, maybe the Camel will also feel pleasant to pilot. I also never got comfortable with the SE5's unwieldy gun placement and disliked the Lewis gun's tracers and constant jamming. Will be interesting to see how the Lewis will be modeled in FC.

But what I'm looking forwards to the most is the Pfalz D.III and the Albatros DV.a. Originally I paid little attention to the Pfalz but then grew to love it (this in 2017, so way past the days of the Pfalzcopter), whereas the Albatros D-series is one of my favourite series of planes ever.

What are your thoughts?

Setting aside what plane or planes I am impatient for, I am very much looking forward to reading all of the forum posts from happy players, united or reunited with their favorite simulated Volume 1 WW 1 crates. I can't wait to read your reports on this forum, after you get to try out your new Pfalz D.III and your new Albatros DVa. Those are very pretty looking planes, so please add pictures to your reports, Kreisau! :) 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, BTTWJetJaguar said:

[...] Airco D.H.2 ! [...]

Great visibility [...]

I look forward a lot too ;)

I hope they will swap every RoF plane into FC and use more engine variants for every plane. 

My fav. plane is nowadays the Pfalz DXII in Rof, BTW, that plane as a sample, could be released as two engine and rudder variant, a cheap way to expant the amount of plane types. 

If going for an complete new plane, then 1c should bring in the uberplanes, the Siemens Schuckert DIV and the Snipe. Think these will bring in more cash then other new planes. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I hope they will swap every RoF plane into FC and use more engine variants for every plane. 

If going for an complete new plane, then 1c should bring in the uberplanes, the Siemens Schuckert DIV and the Snipe. 

Agree with this.   On the other hand.....I really, really want one of these:o:

On 8/4/2018 at 6:06 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

8kGEaI.jpg

Che bella macchina!

Really looking forward to the ability to land something...anything...in the water in the BoX engine.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to trying the Camel and the Dolphin in VR, they should be pretty awesome. In fact, I can't wait to try each an every crate.

I guess most of all, I am looking forward to the DVIIF. 

In the future I do hope we see the Pup, The tripe and the Handley/Gotha - Just put all the RoF planes in please! :)

19 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Agree with this.   On the other hand.....I really, really want one of these:o:

Really looking forward to the ability to land something...anything...in the water in the BoX engine.

Every RoF plane is also the 3 included float planes. 😉

4 minutes ago, Klugermann said:

make that 4

image.jpeg.8c67181d211889118069769e0e069433.jpeg

I don't think the Caproni Ca.60 will make into FC, at least I hope not.:biggrin:

17 minutes ago, HiIIBiIIy said:

I don't think the Caproni Ca.60 will make into FC, at least I hope not.:biggrin:

I do, Gunner in each porthole few up top, maybe a bar and smoking lounge. wonder if it's any good as a turn fighter 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Every RoF plane is also the 3 included float planes. 😉

I know, I know.   Bring 'em on.:biggrin:

Hi all,

I recommend to keep it on topic and to keep it civil.

15. Posting messages that are not relevant to the topic of discussion (off topic) except as specifically allowed in a section is prohibited.

23. The forum rules embody the will of 1C-777 Ltd., but may be enforced at the discretion of the moderators or other forum administrators and punishment may be softer or more serious than listed in the forum rules.

Haash

Halberstadt D.II and whatever the Devs decide the collectors planes are. 

Edited by FurphyForum

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:58 AM, PB_Cybermat47 said:

So, while the Albatros D.Va is the plane I’m looking forward to the most out of what we’re getting, there’s a different plane that I’m really hoping we get in the future - the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I. It’s essentially the Australian-Hungarian Albatros D.Va, in that it loves to fall apart yet was somehow still flown by the most elite pilots, such as the Austrian 27 victory ace Frank Linke-Crawford (his mother was British).

175_5.jpg

That weird thing on top? That’s the armament. Good luck clearing any jams.

I absolutely love that thing.  Would love to fly it in a sim.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, Oliver88 said:

Camel, just because as far as I am aware its the only one the RNAS used.

RNAS were well known for flying Sopwith's, most types of Sopwith, but you might find this interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Royal_Naval_Air_Service

I'm also looking forward to aircraft from the RNAS angle that were in RoF, in particular Sopwith's, Strutter 1½ , Pup, Triplane...even the Camel 😉

PS the Airco DH.4 would also be welcome.

Edited by Pict

48 minutes ago, Pict said:

RNAS were well known for flying Sopwith's, most types of Sopwith, but you might find this interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Royal_Naval_Air_Service

Right think I see the confusion about my post, was not saying the RNAS used just the Camel and no other, am aware that various different types were used. Rather I was referring to from what is going to be available to us in Flying Circus Volume 1. As far as am aware that among the plane set being given to us in Flying Circus Volume 1 the Camel is the only one that the RNAS used. SPAD XIII was not as far as am aware. Bristol Fighter was not as far as am aware. SE5a was not as far as am aware. Sopwith Dolphin was not as far as am aware.

48 minutes ago, Pict said:

I'm also looking forward to aircraft from the RNAS angle that were in RoF, in particular Sopwith's, Strutter 1½ , Pup, Triplane...even the Camel 😉

PS the Airco DH.4 would also be welcome.

I am looking forward to everything RNAS/RFC/RAF being brought across. That's what I bought in Rise of Flight. But my interest goes in that order so the RNAS ones I'm more eager to get before the others. DH4 would indeed be welcome to me also, become my most used aircraft when online in Rise of Flight. I've always wanted to love the Sopwith Triplane too, but the feelings not mutual as it wants to murder me quite a lot. If I could have had any aircraft in Rise of Flight and Flying Circus though it would be the Shorts 184.

Edited by Oliver88

The Breguet 17 was my favorite RoF aircraft, hands down.

43 minutes ago, Vig said:

The Breguet 17 was my favorite RoF aircraft, hands down.

I won't use the past tense when I say I prefer the Breguet 14(.B2), but that's purely for existential reasons.