Jason_Williams

We've Extended the ROF Special Discount to ALL ROF customers.

I own Rise Of Flight, have for years. How do I obtain my discount code on a purchase of Kuban? The store doesn't know I own ROF... 

GTOAviator,

You have to log in at the RoF website (not forum), you will have them there under your profile.

In case you miss one of the discounts, you should check the topics where members are giving away their discounts for IL2 and FC..an example:

Haash

12 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

From now on, I will never buy in advanced until it is fully released and even then I will wait for sales. No more supporting and then, I cannot benefit from a nice gesture promo code because I was a day-number-one buyer and there is currently nothing for me to purchase as I have everything. I am extremely disappointed. :(

What you mean with supporting? - Every game what is in pre-order is already pre-funded how every game from them before! If you decide still to pre-order their games before release you show them very valued gesture how much trust you have in their work. How many they give you in return? - depends only on them! BTW there is not much left what they can give in return just -$10 now if pre-order, Promo-Codes, Sales and Early Access. No more Steam-Keys swap for pre-ordering here and no more Founder bars. The Steam-Key swap and Founder bars were very valued to have this ability. Now that this gone and never comes back. There are two reasons gone that made pre-ordering valued. In the End the Promo-Codes and Sales are more worth than the -$10 now if pre-order.

I understand why you are ************* because you have everything and almost every gesture point the ones who not have everything or don't pay the full-price for some reasons. Is the same as someone say thanks but from thanks you can't buy anything. Depends on you how you value that thanks, gesture whatever...............................

If you are unhappy then next time show them your gesture not to be anymore the Day-Number-One buyer then you can enjoy the Art of the Deal Sales, Promo-Codes........................and you decide what deal suits you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

More than happy, I used my ROF calculated discount against the FC early access last week, then you gave me 25% today as well, thank you, Kuban premium it was, thats me all Il2'd up apart from a few collectors planes. Been a while and I do not play much, but I had so much fun in ROF it makes sense to try and back you guys and look forward to getting back into flying soon.

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if we don't see another discount like this one.  Listen to the grief they are getting for trying to cut old customers a break!

They cut us breaks all the time.  Didn't those of us who ordered first get a ten dollar discount to begin with?  I think sometimes we overreact with hypersensitivity as customers.

At least that's how I feel about it today.

Give them time and I'm sure there will be another gesture from the developer for a future or existing project.  It happens a lot.  

No disrespect  intended, but I think some of what I've read here is an overreaction.  

Ill be quiet now.  :)

• Upvote 1

Whenever folks whinge about never buying again because they missed a $10 discount I wonder how many times they blew $40 on a crummy movie and popcorn/soda or $50-$100 on a disappointing restaurant.  Contrast that with unlimited nights on Wings of Liberty or campaigns and user-created campaigns with your online squadron (join one, I did and it's great).

In the military we'd have said, "Sounds like a personal problem."  That roughly translates as "Suck it up, princess." (with all due respect, it's just a correct translation.  No offense intended.)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GTOAviator said:

I own Rise Of Flight, have for years. How do I obtain my discount code on a purchase of Kuban? The store doesn't know I own ROF... 

GTO Go to you ROF store and click on the promo button. I think it is in your profile area. look at grey part of the page and see the promo button

Ok, just to be on the safe side with keys and promo codes, let me clarify something 100%, even though I'm already 99% sure of the answer (because I see others giving them away left and right).  I can just give my 25% discount key to anyone, and they can use it, even if they already have a 25% discount of their own.  No problem there, right?

Edited by SeaSerpent

15 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Ok, just to be on the safe side with keys and promo codes, let me clarify something 100%, even though I'm already 99% sure of the answer (because I see others giving them away left and right).  I can just give my 25% discount key to anyone, and they can use it, even if they already have a 25% discount of their own.  No problem there, right?

My guess is that you probably cannot piggyback discounts, but good question.

Seems I also have another discount on top of what has already been handed out by the team for R.O.F users, wonderful gesture on their part and I salute that.

I am not in a position to actually use that to buy someone anything but as I have already bought all but T.C it will go the way of many discounts I see in my profile that just expired, what to do with it?

Am I allowed to just to post the number in the forum and the first to see it and use it takes that and adds it to their own account or do I have to use it myself?

Seems a shame to waste a 25% promo.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Thanks, Jason.  You guys are great.  We have some guys that have RoF and so they "don't need" FC but on practice nights when a few of us are dogfighting in the crates the others are observing from above in Spits and 190's and after a few more aircraft come out I think they'll all come over to the Dark Side.  Once the FC Germans get an inline fighter and they don't have to juggle turning left with a rotary engine I think they'll all pile in.  There's already loose talk about our squadron playing a FC campaign.

So thanks.  I look forward to FC as much as to the P-51D and P-47D.

Edited by TP_Sparky

I've 2 promo codes for RoF, but only the one works :(

Glad you guys listened to me though I already bought flying circus for the 69.99. Lmfao. I guess I wont ask for a refund though considering I want FC to be successful and want more ww1 content.

Already bought it but thanks for the recognition! I'd rather give my few lousy dollars to you guys and help pay these awesome game creators!

Thank you for the additional discount code, I've used mine to purchase the 2 soviet collectors planes that were missing from my hanger, even though I usually prefer crosses on my planes, with the 25% discount the listed normal $US price then more or less equals the the actual $AU amount paid.  So thanks again.

Thanks for the promo code

However I had already purchase Flying Circus on 25-8-2018 without having a promo code because at that date I was not one of the ROF users that could recieve one.

Is it possible to activate the promo code after purchase and get the discount returned to my bank account or put on my IL2 account for future IL2 purchases.
I wil buy more planes and wil by operation boden platten when it is out early a;cces.

• Upvote 1

Used my promo code, knocked $5 off and $10 off the regular full price thanks to the early access price and I'm loaded and in to Flying Circus. I'm excited folks! Very excited for this.

Thanks for the discount!

I purchased FC and did not get the discount because of a procedural error. I thought the discount would show up automatically before the final purchase. I have a very high opinion of the work that you all have done. My one direct dealing with Jason was my original purchase of RoF. There was some  issue with my card, and he promptly rectified it. I had planned to get either Boden or TC early access. Wouldn't it be appropriate to allow me to apply the missed discount to one of these? I made an honest mistake that I think most businesses would fix. There may be others in the same boat. It might stimulate sales of Boden and TC early access.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:30 AM, atalan8 said:

I purchased FC and did not get the discount because of a procedural error. I thought the discount would show up automatically before the final purchase. I have a very high opinion of the work that you all have done. My one direct dealing with Jason was my original purchase of RoF. There was some  issue with my card, and he promptly rectified it. I had planned to get either Boden or TC early access. Wouldn't it be appropriate to allow me to apply the missed discount to one of these? I made an honest mistake that I think most businesses would fix. There may be others in the same boat. It might stimulate sales of Boden and TC early access.

I'm sorry Atalan we're not extending this discount to the other EA titles. This was strictly a perk aimed at FC for ROF users. We did  give you a 25% off all other non-EA IL-2 products though.

Jason

Thank you Jason for your prompt reply. Nevertheless, I  do not think this is fair. I was guilty of pressing the wrong button at the wrong time. I can think of  instances in my life when I have made a similar mistake, and always the organization I was dealing with has corrected the problem. I think you have done a wonderful job, and this does not comport with that. I only proposed allowing the discount  for TC or  Boden ea as a simple way of solving the issue that would also increase sales of those two. This certainly is not a deal breaker, but is less than I have come to expect from you.

1 hour ago, atalan8 said:

Thank you Jason for your prompt reply. Nevertheless, I  do not think this is fair. I was guilty of pressing the wrong button at the wrong time. I can think of  instances in my life when I have made a similar mistake, and always the organization I was dealing with has corrected the problem. I think you have done a wonderful job, and this does not comport with that. I only proposed allowing the discount  for TC or  Boden ea as a simple way of solving the issue that would also increase sales of those two. This certainly is not a deal breaker, but is less than I have come to expect from you.

When you made the mistake did you write to support? Why did you chose to come here and complain instead? I've done my best to help everyone out who wanted a discount. You simply made a  mistake and should have written to Support for help right away. All of a sudden it's my fault you made a simple mistake? 

Jason

I actually did go to support several times. The first time I received no reply. The second time I was told to read the text with the codes. Please, I am not trying to make a mountain out of molehill. Nor am I trying to blame you. Something about to err is human. I have done a few myself.

@Jason_Williams I played ROF right from the beginning. I remember when you came in and saved ROF, more than that, you and your team really turned ROF into a very special and amazing flight sim. I am grateful for the discount, but more so, I am very glad that you and your current team are behind Flying Circus. I know this will be an amazing sim, you will make sure of that, just as you did with ROF. I can't wait to pick up Flying Circus later this week, so I can try the new SPAD XIII and DR1, this weekend! All the best to you and all of your loved ones, Jason! S! MJ

Purchased FC the instant it was announced as have many here. It would be a nice gesture to extend that discount to those who jumped in an purchased before the announcement of the discount. I'd happily use it against Tank crew instead if it were possible.

• Upvote 2

Jason, since I missed the discount by buying FC the instant it was available how about you give me free fuel for my FC aircraft anytime I need it.  Whenever I land at an airfielf I'll say, "Jason gave me Carte Blanche and they'll top off the tanks with petrol, okay?  Ammo too?  Wine?

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

• Haha 1

I purchased Flying Circus on August 3 using my promo code, paying via paypal. I was charged full price of $69.99. Have sent 2 messages to support, but have not received a reply.  Have been playing ROF since 2012 and have purcased everything possible in that game. When I tried to purchase other Sturmovik titles, I discovered that my promo codes were no longer available. I may have screwed up somewhere, but I don't know how or where. Maybe buying via paypal is the issue? I can't complain with regard to my experiences with ROF. I learned to trust the developers during my time with ROF; they stayed with with game with updates far longer than developers of most any other games.  I expect they'll do the same for the newer BOX titles, however, is there anyway i can get my discounts?

-  Funny I did buy every thing from ROF and wiith the exception of the new Tank Crew (no interest) I did buy everything from IL2 Battle serie even all the collectors planes (La5, Mc202, Ju52,etc...) but now I read that the ROF discount is for "full" price items in the IL2 store, great I must way untilthe only thing I do not want to purchase, tank crew, is atfull price to maybe if it is before the mid septembre 2018 to get a reduction. Thanks for Nothing.

This is a annoucement stunt and I think nothing else !   😄  :salute:

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, Highwayman said:

Purchased FC the instant it was announced as have many here. It would be a nice gesture to extend that discount to those who jumped in an purchased before the announcement of the discount. I'd happily use it against Tank crew instead if it were possible.

It shall be possible only when "Tank crew"shall be at full prce and if the purchase FC is still valid… :salute:

Edited by senseispcc
correction