Jason_Williams

We've Extended the ROF Special Discount to ALL ROF customers.

Everyone, 

See official announcement here.  And by customers we mean those that paid us money and not just played the Demo.

We didn't forget about ALL ROF users, we were only trying to be fair to our earliest and most dedicated customers. However, we have decided to give everyone who has paid us money for ROF a break of some kind. And we have given 25% OFF discount codes too. Read the announcement please. This took a lot of internal technical effort to make so please use these codes in good health.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 3

Thank you for your kind gesture!

Sweeeeet. Shame I never paid for RoF, I got it whilst I was waiting for my joystick to arrive and never played it really.

Hello and thank you for the discounts, much appreciated!

Edited by Thor_Hansen

Already bought but no matter as I feel that I owe you guys some money given the fantastic products that you have already delivered.

I know it is a hostage to fortune, but seeing as rumour loves a vacuum I would ask / suggest some vague road-map so that we can enjoy the anticipation...

Edited by EAF19_Marsh

After reviewing purchases on the site for Rise of Flight, I've decided that even though individual planes (in this case collector's planes) are more expensive, I much prefer purchasing a "package" of planes as opposed to one at a time - as is on the Rise of Flight site.

What to do.... wait for FC?

I didn't see an option for purchasing anything resembling the "Great Battles" like you folks have done with IL2.  For what feedback might be worth looooong after the fact, I prefer the way you are doing your simulator now.  I DO have the free edition of Rise of Flight you released on Steam some time ago.... I'm going to have a gander at the site again, and on Steam.... I'm tempted to purchase even though we have Flying Circus coming, and I've pre purchased...

Whatever.  I'm gonna go window shop for some planes... 😄

Edit:  Okay, so Steam has some packages that are different from the individually packaged planes on the main site.... I think I have a lot to learn about Rise of Flight...

Edited by Beazil

Great news, although I've already bought FC.

Couple of points though:

- I don't see a promo code in my profile - can someone point out where it might be?   Found it!  Was being an idiot!

- Seeing as we can't use it against BOBP or TC and I have all the other items....what do I use it against?!

Edited by 19RAF_scram77

I want to ask how we receive this discount? I own ROF: Iron Cross Edition, but as aprt of my ROF account. Is there some way to link the IL-2 and ROF accounts or how does it all work?

Thank you beforehand for any information.

• Upvote 1

Very kind of you. Since I am already well stuffed with your excellent products I give both away to the community. See my both threads in the general section. Again thanks a ton!

But ... I bought the Flying Circus the day it was announced ... How can I use the discount now?

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PA_Spartan- said:

But ... I bought the Flying Circus the day it was announced ... How can I use the discount now?

Spread good Karma and offer it to the community.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I played the demo for at least an hour, where's my 99pc off! :)

Great gesture to the community, guys n gals. Good stuff!

5 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I clearly made a mistake when I bought the Flying Circus right away to support it when I am even on holiday and unable to use it before September. I will take this into account for the next time ... :(

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Confused 1

Thank you for the effort. However, the original code was figured incorrectly  (did not show full discount) and is now shown as having been used even though no purchase was made and the new code cannot be used for Flying Circus!  I still cannot purchase FC with discount. This  situation is very frustrating!

Thank you I love Rise of flight and have most content .

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Good suggestion!

• Sad 1

Thank you. I was just about to fire up RoF to get ready for the release and the email popped up in my in basket. I appreciate your appreciation.

The problem here is that I already paid for "Flying Circus" preorder before the announcement of the extra "ROF special discount" so even if I have all the games/maps/planes and extras of ROF shall I ever receive the special discount of it?! Never? SAD! :salute:

A question: since the promo codes arrived too late for me to benefit from them, can I give them to someone else, or are they non-transferable?

Edited by ruby_monkey

On 7/21/2018 at 10:24 AM, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

I sent this in as a ticket to 777:

Hi,

I've had ROF since the beginning, I bought it in Box Set. I have purchased all available ROF planes, maps, etc. and have also purchased all available BOS since I want to support all your efforts (and thoroughly enjoy all of your products). However, I didn't see any promo code for the long time ROF owners in my profile. I went ahead and purchased both FC and Tankcrew regardless. I would appreciate if you could look into this and maybe provide me some credit toward future purchases.

Thank you.

I got this response:

Hi,

Please help us to understand the problem by describing the situation step by step.

Necessarily, illustrate the description with screenshots

2018-07-19 5:36 GMT+03:00 <site-support+il2+d413669f-374d-4a0c-a8f5-004acd50ab09@1cgs.net>:

I&#39;ve had ROF since the beginning, I bought it in Box Set. I have purchased all available ROF planes, maps, etc. and have also purchased all available BOS since I want to support all your efforts (and thoroughly enjoy all of your products). However, I didn&#39;t see any promo code for the long time ROF owners in my profile. I went ahead and purchased both FC and Tankcrew regardless. I would appreciate if you could look into this and maybe provide me some credit toward future purchases.

Thank you.

--

Best Regards

Support Team

support@1cgs.net
1С Game Studios

I think the original message was quite clear. Is this an automated Bot reply?

And BTW... I'm not complaining about a lousy $10 or $15 discount. And I'm also not sure if I bought AND activated the game prior to the cut-off date. I just found the response amusing.

To reiterate... I'm not concerned about the relatively minor amount of money. I'm just feeling kinda left out and not thrilled about the response to the ticket. I would gladly donate any bonus to a needy associate. 

Screenshot of my profile:

Promo.jpg

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd

Thanks Jason & team!

I always bought everything you guys put out, so at first I felt left out. No matter, I still bought the FC and TC at full price. Although I cannot use the promo codes at the moment (nothing left to buy), receiving them made a positive difference. Thank you.

Just now, Aufpassen said:

Thanks Jason & team!

I always bought everything you guys put out, so at first I felt left out. No matter, I still bought the FC and TC at full price. Although I cannot use the promo codes at the moment (nothing left to buy), receiving them made a positive difference. Thank you.

Aufpassen,

Could you confirm whether you have a ROF account, please? I just posted on the wrong forum asking about the 25% off if you have pre-ordered FC but do not have a ROF account.  I only ask as I was going to buy some extra stuff to give away, but currently I have no promo codes.

Therefore, did I misread Jason's post about 25% off having ordered FC but not having a ROF account, as well!?

Finally, some have already ordered Flying Circus and are already enjoying Early Access, but do not have a ROF account. So as a thank you, we have placed an additional promo code for 25% OFF your next order from the IL-2 store in your IL-2 profile. Sorry, but the code cannot be applied to FC, TC or BoBP.

Regards

Edited by Haza

From now on, I will never buy in advanced until it is fully released and even then I will wait for sales. No more supporting and then, I cannot benefit from a nice gesture promo code because I was a day-number-one buyer and there is currently nothing for me to purchase as I have everything. I am extremely disappointed. :(

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Just now, PA_Spartan- said:

From now on, I will never buy in advanced until it is fully released and even then I will wait for sales. No more supporting and then, I cannot benefit from a nice gesture promo code for being a day-number-one buyer and there is currently nothing for me to purchase as I have everything. I am extremely disappointed. :(

PA_Spartan,

To be fair, I believed that this gesture was aimed at those who own ROF and have purchased stuff there and is a way of getting them into this new WW1 game and something that I think is a really nice gesture, considering the amount others have spent on that game. 

I'm like you and own everything, however, I intend to purchase a few collector aircraft to pass on (if i can get the 25% off), so hopefully this is a win win for others as well, so please do not feel like you are the only one missing out as I'm in the same boat!

However, being the first to try new stuff out is nice, so keep your chin up mate!

Regards

EDIT:  I own a complete box set of ROF that I purchased over a year (Feb 2017) ago to give to my Son (Channel Battle) when he gets around to building his PC, so hopefully the codes in the box are still valid as it is all still wrapped up!  I might need to unwrap it and check the codes out!!

In addition, I also have a BOS box set for him as well, bought in 2016, I believe! LOL

Edited by Haza

Since these promo codes only grants discount in the ROF store and for things in the BOX store except from FC, BOBP and TC , I can’t see how early access customers can feel cheated ? Thx btw, got myself 3 new ROF aircraft + the Spit Vb.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

8 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I clearly made a mistake when I bought the Flying Circus right away to support it when I am even on holiday and unable to use it before September. I will take this into account for the next time ... :(

32 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

From now on, I will never buy in advanced until it is fully released and even then I will wait for sales. No more supporting and then, I cannot benefit from a nice gesture promo code because I was a day-number-one buyer and there is currently nothing for me to purchase as I have everything. I am extremely disappointed. :(

Face palm....

As always when the team wants to do something nice for the users, whiners pop up and spoil everything by complaining over several pages about few lousy dollars ... (although they got to play earlier than others)

same situation is with each patch release ....

I just dont understand the world anymore ;)

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for your kind offer Jason!

WWI will be a great addition to the Battle series. And looking great so far!

I will thank anyone who will explain to me what is going on here because I did not understand.
Is ROF ( With all the pieces I bought  245 $ ) going to be canceled with the appearance of the Flying Circus game?

Will ROF servers be quarantined? 

I saw that on my ROF account there are two Promo code for me 

Edited by peker

5 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

To reiterate... I'm not concerned about the relatively minor amount of money. I'm just feeling kinda left out and not thrilled about the response to the ticket. I would gladly donate any bonus to a needy associate. 

Screenshot of my profile:

Promo.jpg

Same here i own flying circus already and i bought every single thing in ROF including: cosmetics, every single plane, maps, mods, scarfs, streams and Ilya Morumets when it was supposed to be a stand alone title and i've also gifted the iron cross edition to a friend.

EDIT: Ok nevermind found the promo code on my ROF profile, but i've bought flying circus premium already, so it's too late for a discount 😭

Edited by Simon1279

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Aufpassen,

Could you confirm whether you have a ROF account, please? I just posted on the wrong forum asking about the 25% off if you have pre-ordered FC but do not have a ROF account.  I only ask as I was going to buy some extra stuff to give away, but currently I have no promo codes.

Therefore, did I misread Jason's post about 25% off having ordered FC but not having a ROF account, as well!?

Finally, some have already ordered Flying Circus and are already enjoying Early Access, but do not have a ROF account. So as a thank you, we have placed an additional promo code for 25% OFF your next order from the IL-2 store in your IL-2 profile. Sorry, but the code cannot be applied to FC, TC or BoBP.

Regards

Yes, I do. If you like, and if it's allowed to use them for giveaways, I'll message you the codes.

If that's what you are proposing of course. I am not sure if they'll work with other accounts though.

Best regards

Edited by Aufpassen

1 hour ago, Aufpassen said:

Yes, I do. If you like, and if it's allowed to use them for giveaways, I'll message you the codes.

If that's what you are proposing of course. I am not sure if they'll work with other accounts though.

Best regards

Aufpassen,

I was just trying to understand if by owning FC and not having a ROF account was I able to get the 25% discount as suggested by Jason’s post.  However, I might have misunderstood.

Thank you for the offer, however, I’m sure that there are other players who would be happy to take your codes.

Regards

Edited by Haza

If we now suddenly qualify for the FC discount, but already purchased it, can we use the promo code for a later product? I purchased about everything from RoF, and would very much like to use my discount in the future, since I didn't get to use it for FC.

Edited by Warpig
  • Upvote 1

This is very nice and very generous! My wife has now given up arguing against me buying Flying Circus!

It's a shame the purchase of Rise of Flight itself isn't included - that would have got me to the $201 mark, but that's okay, not only can I now get FC, I can also afford to finally buy Battle of Kuban, thanks to the 25% code. Been dying to get into that A20 :)

Now, VR headsets on and tally ho, chaps! Off to hammer the Boche!

Edited by Brixmis

Hello,

I played IL-2, BoB and RoF many years ago. This discount is very nice and I thank you.  I am an old flight sim programmer and know you put a huge effort into the database for old users.  I am unclear about what I should be doing at the purchase phase. I have one code for content and one for discount. When I entered them the discount code number disappeared and I got 10% off the purchase price.

Is my discount less because my games are very old?

Does the content code get entered in the game after purchase?

I'll purchase in any event so that I can see the improvements that have come with newer software and hardware.

S!

Steve

Edited:

When I moved on to purchase and read carefully I see that the 25% I received is for versions NOT in early access. So BoS is on my list now.

Edited by Citab
poor reading comprehension, i.e., stupid old goat

Thanks for the discounts, guys.  I qualify for as one of the later buyers of RoF but like others I eagerly bought FC and TC on the first day possible to support the project and get into the crates!  I doubt I'll play TC but wanted to support all aspects of IL2 Great Battles.  Like many others I understand that my eager purchase caused me to miss one (but not the other!) discount but that means more money for developing FC and I've already earned my money's worth of "Good Grief!" in dogfighting my SPAD XIII vs. that nimble devil Dr.1 in VR.  

Like others (not all but many) I have no regrets and only praise for the staff for offering the discount.  Those of us that missed by going first are also the first to dogfight in VR and we got to pick the best bunks and find the prettiest village girls and have several patrols under our belts before you new guys showed up with your discounts and  your brand new uniforms so yes, you got your bounty while we were getting shot at and learning French by moonlight.

Is the 25% discount time limited?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Read the announcement.

The announcement gave the sunset time for the RoF discount but did not mention an expiration date for the 25% discount.  When I went to my RoF Promo Code Page it listed both codes and for each specifically stated that they expire after September 13th.

Thanks for the discount.  Since I own everything and now buy to give presents, will there be a Kuban sale by September 13th so I may use my 25% discount?  I bought 3 BoS Premium during the victory sale to give as gifts and want to stock up on Kuban before the coupon expires.  We get new guys into our virtual squadron and not all have Kuban.