CB77Don246

Not for me

I have all the content in ROF and very nice it is too so I purchased Flying Circus wow what a disappointment for me in the flight of the two planes I had no control at all. I thought my joysticks (Saitek x52 pro and CH rudder pedals) were not working right so back to ROF (setup on hard flight) and all was well.

I was in at the start of ROF so I wanted to be in with FC but it is not for me.

Before all say it is me well yes it is I do like to have fun flying WW1 planes and I know FC is only in its early stages but get the fight right even on easy I had little or no control of ether aircraft.

Refund please.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

First of all did you set the game to joystick in "Settings? Input Devices" then assign the joystick in "Settings/Key Mapping"? 

You're doing something wrong. Check your control assignments. It works almost exactly as in ROF. You will find changes in plane behavior but nothing even remotely like what you're saying.

Asking for a refund seems a knee-jerk reaction.

Im slowly retutning to flightsims and purchased Flying Circus today,

I have no problem flying either plane and are looking forward to

more content. I have arrow speedlink joystick.

I had little or no control of ether aircraft.

If you are used to RoF then you should have no problem whatsoever with FC.

You can even use the same skins.

You seem to realise that you only have a couple of planes, so you will understand early access... other planes will eventually arrive, plus a map, but do you understand there will be no SP content, other than any missions that other users may produce?

As to your problems, you will probably need to spend time going through your settings and controls... hopefully that will solve any issues.

Like you, I have FC, (wasn't going to get it but there you are, lol) however, I have done very little with it but I keep going back to RoF and WoFF for my career play.

Have spent many many hours going over joystick settings, Apart from ROF I also have WOFF , FE2, IL2 BAT. and many more (one sad old man here) yes I do get out.

I am in my mid 70s so Flight sims are not new to me the one I have most fun with is CFS2 (modded) great for a quick blast.

The posting is my opinion of this sim I can not understand why I have little or no control of the planes it is the first sim that has me beat and I have had a few in my time, and I built several of my computers including the one I am using now so I think I have been round the block more than once.

I may have another try if I have a number of hours to waste before I get my refund, I will post if I have any luck.

Thank you gentlemen or ladies for your quick reply.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:47 PM, CB775tadon246 said:

Before all say it is me well yes it is I do like to have fun flying WW1 planes and I know FC is only in its early stages but get the fight right even on easy I had little or no control of ether aircraft.

It is possible that this is the problem: on Easy setting, a number of "helpers" are turned on by default, some of which alter the way the plane responds to inputs, both in flight characteristicsand the engine. Try on "Expert" or "Custom" and turn them all off. Then just fly around a bit before fighting to get the feel of the planes.

As people have said here, the underlying flight model for the Dr1 and SPAD is only a little different from that in RoF, in anything more easily controlled with pretty much default settings, so that is why everyone seems puzzled. 

Best of luck!

Hi CB775tadon246.

I've also tried replicating your issue but Flying Circus always works OK for me. I've played it in VR (Using my HTC Vive) and also without VR and it seems rock solid.

Are you able to tell us what hardware you have, and what settings you are using in Flying Circus - so that the guys on this topic can try to help further.

Best wishes,

Maxiku.

Edited by Maxiku

I have this sorted now and can fly the planes thank you for all for help.

Please see my other posting regarding the tanks, hope some one can help with that.

18 hours ago, CB775tadon246 said:

I have this sorted now and can fly the planes thank you for all for help.

Good to see you have it sorted out. What did you need to do in order to make things work?