Sign in to follow this  
III./JG5_xshinel

Refuel Rearm Repair effect

Hi, does anyone know the mission editor can set refuel, rearm, and repair effect? 

I noticed that the mission editor have this 3 events, but don't know how to make it come ture.

image.png.5fe5000ed7bb95a13ce5a5a0947417ad.png

Yep, as far as I know, it doesn't work. Even in your screenshot it states "Not implemented".

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

5 hours ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

With the new coop format, I hope they will implement these functions at some point, it can become quite handy.

Thats are my hopes and dreams!

On July 29, 2018 at 12:14 AM, III./JG5_xshinel said:

Hi, does anyone know the mission editor can set refuel, rearm, and repair effect? 

I noticed that the mission editor have this 3 events, but don't know how to make it come ture.

image.png.5fe5000ed7bb95a13ce5a5a0947417ad.png

Have a look at "Replenish or Change the Planes Available In a Multiplayer Mission" on pg. 115 of the editor manual. That's the closest we can get to the functions above right now.

Rearm ,

Refuel

Repair.

3 sweet words for me during a mission.

I hope they will consider to add this feature.

• Thanks 1

I really don't want to be rude, but I really don't see why we should have RRR unless each plane is modeled as individual and unique, with its own servicing history, with each rivet and scratch preserved from mission to mission, etc, etc. Currently, RRR would mean that we would be assigned to the same abstract aircraft after a bit more time than it's usual when we simply jump into a new one. I really don't understand why the devs don't do it for us. It would be very easy. Give us what we already have, add a progress bar, and make us wait.

Well are already have refueling trucks, box trucks for ammo, and assorted can crew appear around your aircraft for a minute then taadaa off you go.  Considering it takes a couple hours or an entire day to check a plane for flight. A minute of resupply should be fine.

Edited by Geronimo553

1 hour ago, sniperton said:

I really don't want to be rude, but I really don't see why we should have RRR unless each plane is modeled as individual and unique, with its own servicing history, with each rivet and scratch preserved from mission to mission, etc, etc. Currently, RRR would mean that we would be assigned to the same abstract aircraft after a bit more time than it's usual when we simply jump into a new one. I really don't understand why the devs don't do it for us. It would be very easy. Give us what we already have, add a progress bar, and make us wait.

Do a little reading up on the "Nightwitches" if you haven't already.

Those Po-2 rearmed and refueled in minutes, all night long.

• Like 1

realistic or not, it's an option I'd like to see available.

then mission makers can choose to use them or not.

everyone wins. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

everyone wins. 

exactly

53 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

everyone wins. 

I tend to agree, with caveats..that being the fact that I've approached the dev's with much simpler logic that I'd like to see implemented, and they still lack the resources at the moment.

I am sure it has been used in multiplayer mode to preserve the number of aircraft on airfields. There was a time delay to allow for the rearm refuel. If an aircraft landed safely and taxied to a check zone the aircraft available would be kept. If crashed or lost the airfield permanently reduced its aircraft quantity available.

23 minutes ago, TP_Jacko said:

I am sure it has been used in multiplayer mode to preserve the number of aircraft on airfields. There was a time delay to allow for the rearm refuel. If an aircraft landed safely and taxied to a check zone the aircraft available would be kept. If crashed or lost the airfield permanently reduced its aircraft quantity available.

Rather than repair/rearm/refuel, they were probably using the functionality in the section referred to in this post. You can:

• Replenish planes returned to an airfield intact.
  • Replenish planes one at a time, with a specified time between each replenishment. The condition of returned planes does not matter.
  • Change the plane types and numbers to anything you want.

In CloD on the ATAG server the concept was incorporated rather well I thought back then. Once landed in good fettle and engine switched off, a simple and quick shortcut brought you the refuel wagon and armourers to return your comestibles to original state. I for one would appreciate the ability to fly in the same aircraft after R&R within the same mission.

• Thanks 1

I want this feature, badly. I loved being able to rearm and refuel. My style of play changed when I switched to BoX. I find I stay in fights a lot longer. You can land and still lose the aircraft you brought back to someone else. Why bother?

In Wangs my style is fight till I die, rinse repeat. In TAW I have aircraft in the bank so I fly more similar to what I tried in ATAG. Land and see how many you can get in one aircraft. After a landing you want to lose it even less. It's lucky now.   :P

A rearm and refuel feature for public servers would be a great edition.