Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AKA_Recon

Hosting a COOP

Recommended Posts

I was able to start the coop, and my squadmates see the misson in the list of coops, but no one is able to join.

 

Are there instructions anywhere on what is required to host a coop ?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may not be a one size fits all solution to these kinds of problems but maybe a community guide on how to solve some of them would be a good idea (maybe one exists already?).

 

I haven't looked into it but on the technical side you'll need to know which port or ports to open so that you can host a COOP. Hopefully your router (presumably you're plugged in) allows this. Some ISP combo modem/routers are too locked down to enable this so things sometimes get ... interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKA_Recon said:

I was able to start the coop, and my squadmates see the misson in the list of coops, but no one is able to join.

 

Are there instructions anywhere on what is required to host a coop ?

 

Thanks!

 

See here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKA_Recon said:

I was able to start the coop, and my squadmates see the misson in the list of coops, but no one is able to join.

 

Are there instructions anywhere on what is required to host a coop ?

 

Thanks!

I tried to host a server in game I had the same problem. I was told that it is to do with firewall setting and ..... There is no guide on how to do it which is a shame,  we need more official information on how to do it really. 

Edited by AeroAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I tried to host a server in game I had the same problem. I was told that it is to do with firewall setting and ..... There is no guide on how to do it which is a shame,  we need more official information on how to do it really.  

 

What Jim posted is probably actually all the official information we probably need/can realistically get.

 

All 1CGS needs to tell us is the ports that need to be open. The rest is up to the person hosting the COOP to manage on their specific network configuration. My ASUS router is plenty configurable so I can probably do this fairly easily and setup some port forwarding. I've seen hellish nightmare routers from ISPs that double as modems and there's not much you can configure on these.

 

Hosting a multiplayer match isn't the easiest thing. I do want to get into doing that a bit though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

What Jim posted is probably actually all the official information we probably need/can realistically get.

 

All 1CGS needs to tell us is the ports that need to be open. The rest is up to the person hosting the COOP to manage on their specific network configuration. My ASUS router is plenty configurable so I can probably do this fairly easily and setup some port forwarding. I've seen hellish nightmare routers from ISPs that double as modems and there's not much you can configure on these.

 

Hosting a multiplayer match isn't the easiest thing. I do want to get into doing that a bit though...

 

That is all very good but why didnt the devs say, here you go now you can host, use this guide, ...... Why did we have to work it out? And im getting sick of the it is a small team answer,  put TC, BOBP, and FC on hold for a bit and get the core sorted!!! I know they need revenue but please stop the "cash grab" and sort out the core. There are too many bugs and basic features missing from day one now that are adding up (mostly nothing to do with the FM, DM.....which is great). The core is showing it true self and it is not good.

Edited by AeroAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AeroAce said:

 

That is all very good but why didnt the devs say, here you go now you can host, use this guide, ...... Why did we have to work it out? And im getting sick of the it is a small team answer,  put TC, BOBP, and FC on hold for a bit and get the core sorted!!! I know they need revenue but please stop the "cash grab" and sort out the core. There are too many bugs and basic features missing from day one now that are adding up (mostly nothing to do with the FM, DM.....which is great). The core is showing it true self and it is not good.

 

There have been many improvements to the core, not just FM etc. 

 

To put a hold on revenue income which allows new staff to be hired and the team and franchise to grow would be a stupid business decision and ultimately slow development.

Throwing phrases like "cash grab" around is a bit disingenuous considering the niche market and good development shown in a short time compared to other players in this small genre. 

 

You may be sick of " it's a  small team rhetoric " but reality is reality. 

 

It may be an unpopular sentiment but I myself am grateful for what we have, and and respect 1C/777's business plan for survival, which I am sure they are in a better position to know about than you or me. 

 

Sure I know it was just a harmless rant, but if you read what Jason has said over the years, you would know you are not in his shoes, or even on point with your hypothesising 

 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AKA_Recon said:

I was able to start the coop, and my squadmates see the misson in the list of coops, but no one is able to join.

 

Are there instructions anywhere on what is required to host a coop ?

 

Thanks!

 

Hi _Recon,  have you opened the correct ports on your router before you tried to host? 

You need to open your router interface in your browser and make sure the following ports are open;

 

TCP 28100

TCP 28000

UDP 28000

 

Sounds complicated but it's not.  

 

Also; what coop are you trying to run?  Is it the stock mission that comes with the game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I've seen hellish nightmare routers from ISPs that double as modems and there's not much you can configure on these.

I can attest to this with my ARRIS router/modem. I've spent many hours attempting to port forward to host multiplay and have failed completely. Very frustrating. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opened ports and still no one could join.  Squadmate did the same, game froze for both us trying to connect.

 

I don't recall telling an entire community base in IL2 46 that they had to punch holes in a firewall to do coops ?  PITA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been frustrated for a long time when it comes to multiplayer. I have always been able to 'join' server, even my own. But and it is a big but, nobody else could join my server no matter what we did. I finally gave up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AKA_Recon said:

I opened ports and still no one could join.  Squadmate did the same, game froze for both us trying to connect.

 

I don't recall telling an entire community base in IL2 46 that they had to punch holes in a firewall to do coops ?  PITA

 

Issue there in IL-2: 1946 too. Same problem though in both cases, port forwarding should be sufficient. You don't need to move your computer into the DMZ for it to work.

 

Game freezing may be a separate issue though. Any error log files? That may be worth submitting a bug report.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKA_Recon said:

I opened ports and still no one could join.  Squadmate did the same, game froze for both us trying to connect.

 

What was the coop mission you are trying to run?  The 3.005 game version we are running means all coops and missions made before this version need to be updated before they will run in version 3.005. 

Game freezing up for you both sounds like a symptom of trying to run an old mission in 3.005

 

I agree about '46 btw:) 

Edited by DD_Arthur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I took this coop and opened it in the mission editor and saved it as per the 3.005 instructions.

 

I will try again, it works for me as the host, I can started it, I can pick a plane and fly.

 

No one else can join . (the people trying to join just freeze, the spinner stops and they can't connect)

Edited by AKA_Recon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AKA_Recon said:

I believe I took this coop and opened it in the mission editor and saved it as per the 3.005 instructions.

 

I will try again, it works for me as the host, I can started it, I can pick a plane and fly.

 

No one else can join . (the people trying to join just freeze, the spinner stops and they can't connect)

The people joining might have the old "bad" mission cached.  Deleting the the downloaded mission files might do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...