LordMaldoror

Tank Crew Servers

For those of us who are trying Tank Crew but have little experience of IL2 as a whole, it would be great to get some feedback on which servers people here are gravitating towards.

One thing I note as being immediately confusing is that mouse-disabled servers (of which there are many) do in fact work fine when controlling a tank with the mouse (simply by selecting joystick control in the options).

Any particular servers where people have been going regularly for either a tank or a combined-arms fix?

Yesterday I played in coconut expert campaign, but there was only a small confrontation between t34 and pz3, nothing worked. The other day there was another server, I do not remember the full name but I put some Chinese. Anyway, the best thing I remember in tanks was the server 72 ag ded expert. There were real panzer operations, with targets to take several km. On more than one occasion, some t34 appeared at the aerodrome sowing chaos. I remember another case in which, after 10 km of penetration into the enemy lines towards an airfield, they bombed their own bridge next to the airfield so that we could not get there. This happened in our noses ... That was really funny but that server disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Action dogfights and tanks (shutdown for now), or the Untouchables servers were the two I saw reasonable tank numbers in with KV1S and the Tiger available.  

Most others seem to still not be updated with the new tanks even if they have tank spawns. 

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

Until recently, the dedicated server with normal difficulty to fly with a mouse was running, it had all the indicators and the tanks could be taken, it looked like war thunder but that server is not here either.

32 minutes ago, LordMaldoror said:

One thing I note as being immediately confusing is that mouse-disabled servers (of which there are many) do in fact work fine when controlling a tank with the mouse (simply by selecting joystick control in the options).

The mouse-disabled does only mean, that you can't fly with your mouse, but have to use a joystick or a yoke flight system for flying. It has nothing to do with the tanks.

21 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

The mouse-disabled does only mean, that you can't fly with your mouse, but have to use a joystick or a yoke flight system for flying. It has nothing to do with the tanks.

Indeed. Still, you can see why it might be a bit confusing for people who have only bought the tank module and haven't therefore ticked Joystick Control in the options.

Overall it seems like finding a Tank Crew-supported server with good uptime isn't easy. I know the development resources are limited for a niche product but it would be great to see an officially hosted dedicated server with support for the latest Tank Crew vehicles. Nothing fancy, just one of the standard maps it comes with an two teams (and maybe some AI?) battling end to end. I think such a server would more than make it's money back in terms of the videos, streamed battles, etc. that would circulate in the tank-minded gaming communities. And for early adopters at $70 buy-in, it would be nice to have at least one haunt to drop in on and have a chance to meet other tankers (the resulting feedback of which surely helps development).

@LordMaldoror

Absolutely agreed, but don't forget, the early access for Tank Crew started only ten days ago. I am pretty sure this will come. But making some interesting online missions might need some time.

3 hours ago, E69_Heinz_Knoke said:

Hasta hace poco, el servidor dedicado con dificultad normal para volar con un mouse se estaba ejecutando, tenía todos los indicadores y se podían tomar los tanques, parecía un trueno de guerra, pero ese servidor tampoco está aquí.

Precisely I just saw that this server is active again but in the mission he had, they could not take tanks, which is strange because their title remains the same.

4 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

¿Qué servidor es este? Lo siento, no puedo decir cuál es el nombre del servidor. 

The name and the rules are somewhat funny, it appears on the right above the mouse pointer. There were a few people yesterday so we went to the rearguard and destroyed an artillery position ... Something is something.

Hace 11 horas, II./JG1_Vonrd dijo:

¿Qué servidor es este? Lo siento, no puedo decir cuál es el nombre del servidor. 

Hello, the two servers that I have seen that have the tank crew are these:

the flying ass clowns.

CHINA-JG5-Training map tank crew-Flying circus.

Need more servers, I was looking this weekend and only found one, I had to jump out for a moment and when I tried to get back in it was not there anymore :(

Edited by Slater

The Flying Ass Clowns  Server is still active, Tank Battle has been enhanced a lot.

You need to enable mods to see the server, that's because we Ass Clowns are wholeheartedly modders.

:drinks:

Mike 

Edited by SAS_Storebror

Gotta love you Ass Clowns. 😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SAS_Storebror said:

The Flying Ass Clowns  Server is still active, Tank Battle has been enhanced a lot.

You need to enable mods to see the server, that's because we Ass Clowns are wholeheartedly modders.

Mike 

Ok AC you got me, where do I activate mods? 👴:help:

In the game... select 'Settings' then Game. 

Check the 'Enable Mods' box.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok I tried the AC server and it was fun, however not a lot of players populating the server. 

One question maybe make an area where airplanes and tanks can be used? I would like to have air support. 

Edited by Slater

Thanks for visiting our Server Slater :salute:

Server population isn't anything we can enforce, players seem to be masochists and rather prefer to join the single server on the list that's crowded all the time (read: WoL) just to get back here and complain about it. Weird, but out of reach for us.

Concerning air support: If you have other human players at hands, they are invited to give air support in the ground battle area to you. The only ones we ask to stay out of that area, because it's a training mission, are the fighter jockeys, as they will definitely ruin the purpose of this training area for mud movers and with them, for the Tank guys they want to support.

Using AI for CAS tasks is kinda tricky as AI has a mind of it's own and will almost always attack targets you would want them least to, while at the same time diving into the ground in swarms. That works only if you have a 100% scripted mission where each and every object is put in place manually with a dedicated route, interception points, attack points, regress points etc. pp., whereas our mission, for the sake of variety, is mostly random.

Mike

• Upvote 1