SRAKA

3x32" monitor setup - interesting find

Hi everybody,

Thought I would share this info since I didn't expect it to happen like that. If it was already discussed, please feel free to disregard the topic.

I had a chance to try 3x32" monitor setup with IL2 BOS. Each monitor had a native resolution at 3440x1440. I use GTX 1080. When I enabled the surround it got me to 10320x1440.

During the game start everything look fine, well, very wide, but I was OK with it. After starting the offline flight I realized that the center of the picture (or a default view of you want) was too far to the right. It was in between  monitor 2-3, where 2 is the center monitor and 3 is the right side one.

Initially I used full screen, then I used windowed mode, didn't help.

I did some experiments with changing the win_width and realized if I pull it down to 6880 the default view stays in the center. Any other larger horizontal setting pulls the center view to the right.

Not that I can't live with 6880x1440, but I was really hoping to enjoy the 10320x1440 flying. 

Anyone has any suggestions and/or comments if 10320x1440 works properly or can be done?

I had the same issue with 3 4K monitors...the thing that fixed it for me believe it or not was running the ingame AA at 2X also not sure but I think I was running in windowed fullscreen mode.

@GrendelsDad Holy cow, 3 x 4k monitors ! :wacko:

How many computers for this ? I already have a single 4k monitor and the 7700K + GTX1080 combo already struggles to keep a constant 60fps in crowded environment 

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

I was running 2 980ti's in SLI(which made a huge difference) and 6700...I would stay above 60fps for 90-95% of the time.  I did notice on the 10 days of Autumn DLC i would get lower fps in those missions but online stayed playable.

@GrendelsDad Thanks for the suggestion. I tried enabling 2AA and now I'm able to run 2AA or 4AA in full resolution. I think the deal changer was full screen vs windowed full screen. Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2018 at 11:55 PM, SRAKA said:

Anyone has any suggestions and/or comments if 10320x1440 works properly or can be done?

I doubt that this can be done with a 1080 unless one is able to enjoy low frame rates.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:47 PM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

I doubt that this can be done with a 1080 unless one is able to enjoy low frame rates.

Agreed, SLI is a must for higher res but the scaling is awesome in this game almost doubled my fps. I am waiting for SLI in V.R. support...pretty sure it wont happen but I can dream.