Sign in to follow this  
Alpha24

Tank sims

Awesome, tank sims are still alive. Much love for this sim, love flying, but tank fighting is my trade. Tigers look awesome, T34 vs Tiger is looking old and Steel Beast Pro is all right. Thanks for the tank eye candy on the eastern front with an awesome interior, maybe get an T34-85?    Speed and Power 4/69 Armor (Trained to service the Russian T-72 - not Iranian tanks with inferior tank ammo)

Would love to hear your (and anyone else') comments about Tank Crew from people who are tank sim people first. My perspective is skewed as a flight sim enthusiast checking out tanks driving around on the ground and generally being impressed.

I'd like to know how Tank Crew is measuring up so far (given that it's in early access). What games did you play before?

• Upvote 1

I've played the Steel Beasts series of simulation primarily. There is no fair comparison with Tank Crew.

The big draw to Tank Crew, for me, is the WWII setting. We must keep in mind that Tank Crew is a very new early access tank battle offering. SB on the other had has been around for a long time.

If TC develops into anything 'close' to the quality of SB, I'll be delighted.  🙂

• Like 1

Hope this does well then maybe we can get an Ardennes version!

1 hour ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Hope this does well then maybe we can get an Ardennes version!

That does seem like a logical next step if the first one does well. The aircraft would be fully covered by Bodenplatte by that time.

Some might find what I am going to say as funny but I would love to see something that

was only covered in Close Combat missions I used to play.

I would love to see Operation Market Garden.

It would be a ''Bridge too far''

Oh and a Cromwell of course because we are talking tanks.

A bridge too far.jpg

• Like 1

TC is in very very very early acces and its not good to judge it right now. I bought it immediately and put it on the shelf. There is so much work to do.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Thad said:

I've played the Steel Beasts series of simulation primarily. There is no fair comparison with Tank Crew.

The big draw to Tank Crew, for me, is the WWII setting. We must keep in mind that Tank Crew is a very new early access tank battle offering. SB on the other had has been around for a long time.

If TC develops into anything 'close' to the quality of SB, I'll be delighted.  🙂

I played Steel Beasts as well. Fantastic sim, especially when playing with active servicemen who knew the real equipment.

But SB was developed primarily as a military training tool, so as you say, to compare the two isn't fair (to either really). I expect that, like IL2, the main comparison will fall on how the completed game stacks up to historical documents about the equipment and the memoirs of the brave men who used it.

2 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

TC is in very very very early acces and its not good to judge it right now. I bought it immediately and put it on the shelf. There is so much work to do.

Well, TC is in development so you can jugde it because we see tank gameplay at "Battle of Kuban".

There is no TC elements here - excluded tank interiors maybe.

1 hour ago, Jester said:

But SB was developed primarily as a military training tool

? Really? Current battlefield "a little" does not match to IIWW battlefields.

Teach me to read without looking at picture!!

Edited by Haza
read text

19 minutes ago, PL_Andrev said:

Well, TC is in development so you can jugde it because we see tank gameplay at "Battle of Kuban".

Yes. Really. Steel Beasts was developed in conjunction with the US and Danish armed forces. Of course it doesn't portray a WWII battlefield. It was never intended to. The version released to the public (SB 2 Pro) was a somewhat "diluted" version with slightly less functionality and certain sub vehicle sub systems removed for security purposes.

1 hour ago, PL_Andrev said:

Well, there are two new tanks in better quality than the previous ones and thats all. Damage model/ penetration is simplified, no commands to own AI crew, no commands to AI tanks, no voices, no tank crew(in external view), bad AI,  lack of key commands (for exemple you cant turn with turret in commander view), AI spawning next to you etc. Maybe in winter there will be enough content, improvements and bug fixes.

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

That was the impression I got too.  I haven't bought Bodenplatte, FC or Tank Crew yet, but I'll keep and eye on them to see if they evolve in a direction that is appealing.

Just to say:

We are a small team flying at 100% BOxxxxx

With the pre sales of Flying Circus, all of us bought it (we all have already ROF in our machines)....But VR and future développement pushed us to support that project.

surprisingly two or three of us bought also Tank Crew and tested it.....after some post on our forum and consideing the game is at the beginning of its development ....all of them bought it and we are currently playing on Tank Crew, discovering a new overview on our favorite simulation game!!!

Many thanks to Jason and all the dev team for they work and hours of fun they offer us....!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tank Crew is great, however there are so many questions regarding how it will be in the future. (pre pre pre pre pre Alpha now)

Building destruction?

Infantry engagement 

NPC Crew?

Campaigns?

Is there any information from the Devs how they see development of TC? 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 6:06 AM, SCG_wtornado said:

Some might find what I am going to say as funny but I would love to see something that

was only covered in Close Combat missions I used to play.

I would love to see Operation Market Garden.

It would be a ''Bridge too far''

Oh and a Cromwell of course because we are talking tanks.

A bridge too far.jpg

You might want to check out Post Scriptum

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slater said:

Tank Crew is great, however there are so many questions regarding how it will be in the future. (pre pre pre pre pre Alpha now)

Building destruction?

Infantry engagement 

NPC Crew?

Campaigns?

Is there any information from the Devs how they see development of TC? 

See DD 195 re building damage and possibility of ramming them etc. 

(and other info) 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, Voidhunger said:

Well, there are two new tanks in better quality than the previous ones and thats all. Damage model/ penetration is simplified, no commands to own AI crew, no commands to AI tanks, no voices, no tank crew(in external view), bad AI,  lack of key commands (for exemple you cant turn with turret in commander view), AI spawning next to you etc. Maybe in winter there will be enough content, improvements and bug fixes.

That's a correct assessment of what we have now with Tank Crew. Your expectations of future improvements is shared by me. Things will get better and better. I hope. 🙂

1 hour ago, NahkaSukka said:

Give a chance to TC. In fact TC was "only" announces few weeks ago. No more info.

What we have now are two (four) tanks at Battle of Kuban, if I'm not wrong.

Post Scriptum looks really good (absolutely amazing graphic effects) but game is focused to fight team vs. team (no tank clashes).

It means (similar to Heroes and Generals) - no enough tanks for everybody.

There is only one small map... and no plane gameplay.

39 minutes ago, PL_Andrev said:

Give a chance to TC. In fact TC was "only" announces few weeks ago. No more info.

Post Scriptum looks really good (absolutely amazing graphic effects) but game is focused to fight team vs. team (no tank clashes).

Sure i will and i'm sure i will like TC once i buy it. Post Scriptum is great too, and i believe it has 5 maps atm and few more maps coming when they add the 101st Airborne.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:12 AM, NahkaSukka said:

I bought it already it is nice but still needs a lot of work

and there are kids I mean a lot of kids.

Its ok.

• Upvote 1

There are tanks in Post Scriptum. Take a Firefly and give them hell. 

As for Kursk, infantry is a must. Look at the old Theatre of War games and how vital infantry was to siezing the Soviet trench systems. 

19 minutes ago, hames123 said:

As for Kursk, infantry is a must.

...and yet not so much.

Funny how that works eh?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:12 AM, PL_Andrev said:

I'm sure the DEVS said somewhere that planes could be included on the maps?