Sign in to follow this  
buck1ea

I know it is only early access, but how is the AI?

I'm thinking about getting it to play around with, is the AI  better now than ROF? Or is it still being worked on?

I always wanted exciting aerial battles, not slowly descend in a circle, then circle around on deck lol

Edited by buck1ea

At least in the current "sample" planeset consisting of a SPAD and a Dr1, the SPAD is able to extend when alt. advantage is lost and Dr1 is getting on its six. Definitely an improvement compared to RoF. 😉

Yes it is better: fight QMB Dr1 vs Dr1 is a lot of fun. Just pretend two Jastas got in a fight over who got the next consignment of fresh sausages.   Dr1 vs SPAD still causes some problems, because SPADS were not designed for tight turn fights which the AI does quite well.  

It is still a work in progress.

• Like 1

The AI is far better in comparison to RoF:

- No more descending to ground level: The AI doesn't automatically descend anymore, fights at higher altitudes are actually possible.

- No more left turn only: The AI makes use of different kind of manouvers. It still does turn fighting then and now, but most of the time I see them doing vertical manouvers. They also fly scissors occasionally.

- No more sniper-like marksmanship: The AI isn't capable of sending a precise stream of bullets right into your pilot from great distances anymore, reducing the frustration of instant deaths.

There seems to be a problem with AI SPADs ignoring the presence of the player and simply returning to their home field (seems to happen mostly on the Kuban map), but apart from this flaw, it is a great improvement to what we had to deal with back in RoF.

Edited by Fritz_X

When flying Spad on Shooting Stars, I've encountered a patrolling Dr.I. He flied after me, I got some distance between us, then turned to have him on my 9 o'clock and started climbing. He started flying parallel with me on 3 his o'clock and climbing, himself! I was sure it's a human but (after some rolling scissoring he did pretty well) i got him and turned out it was AI.

Major step up from RoF AI which kept flying after you for long time, then lost interest, then turned back if you got close again...

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

Ai is way better, flew the DR1 and the Ai in the spad actually bounced me and extended like they should do then another followed as a team, I too thought someone had came in to the server with out me knowing, but no it was ai.  I was too busy doing loops in the DR1 to take notice, sneaky bastards those ai. 

23 hours ago, Rabbid_Dog said:

...sneaky bastards those ai

It's much more difficult to spot them with fully zoomed out view (compared to RoF). At least for me...

• Upvote 1

Haven't gone up against the DR1 ai yet, Wonder if they spot you before you get close enough unlike the ROF ai. In there they just fly along normal until you shoot at them.