Sign in to follow this  
Skipper-

Red Star against the Swastika?

I am reading the Red Star against the Swastika and there are some great descriptions of missions flown in the IL2.

Does anyone know of a campaign that I can play that is based on this book?

I have already flown the Sea Dragons campaign and would love to fly another IL2 campaign.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Nice book!

I read that it last summer and enjoyed it a lot.

I have recently come back to IL-2 and found campaign Sea Dragons included in Kuban, great news for me to emulate Vasily Emelianenko.

I have only flown two missions, but I think it catches the feeling quite good.

I thought like you: this book is great material for a scripted campaign, hopefully someone will attempt it.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:30 AM, Skipper- said:

I am reading the Red Star against the Swastika and there are some great descriptions of missions flown in the IL2.

Does anyone know of a campaign that I can play that is based on this book?

I have already flown the Sea Dragons campaign and would love to fly another IL2 campaign.

Thanks

I’d highly recommend Sturmoviks over Stalingrad:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19048-sturmoviks-over-stalingrad-mission-pack/

• Upvote 1

Emelianenko's missions in the Caucasus region were closer to Grozny, Mozdok, Nalchik, and Mineralnye Vody which are not on Battle of Kuban map but further to the east. 

In the past, I did make a campaign in the old IL2-1946 using a Caucasus mod map, made by yours truly.  I'll soon release a 60-mission campaign but it's on the IL2-1946 modded setup (NOT for BOK though).

7 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

I loved your Il-2 1946 missions/campaigns CzechTexan. Would be nice to see some for BoX too.

Agree !

What about Lagg-3 Bk-37 over Stalingrad ? ;)

So far I only have BOK so my planeset and maps are limited to Kuban only, which is fine because I'm just getting started with the Great Battles theme.  I'd like to learn how to build missions.  I've found a few missions for Kuban map but there's not much available.  I've seen a mission making tutorial but it looks complicated.  I'm so used to "1946" being so simple.

Give me some time to learn this thing and I'll get back with some single missions.

It's great to see many of the old friends here! :friends:

Edited by CzechTexan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/7/2018 at 5:49 PM, Juri_JS said:

I loved your Il-2 1946 missions/campaigns CzechTexan. Would be nice to see some for BoX too.

Same here! Back in the old Il2 days I loved these missions very very much!