Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
=gRiJ=SONite2

Tank Crew_Tiger I vs KV1S + T34-76

Recommended Posts

The Tiger is a beast. 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.... it's a monster and as far as I can judge, it is well done - the exterior and interior - modeled very well. But still work in process.

 

Gunnery is not bad too, but "one shot - one kill" seems a bit unrealistic to me, especially when you engage a tank like the KV-1 from

a distance of more than 1000 m. Historically it is known that German tank crews were able to engage at distances of 2000 m and

more with their high quality optics - the 8.8 was the nightmare for allied tankers.

 

I urge them to change the key mapping options and axis to control the tank. For the moment I use my throttle to move the tank fwd

and bwd, the rudder pedals to steer that beast. Would be nice to be able to use the joystick to control the turret. Mouse control is bad.

 

But I have a lot of fun for now. Hope things will evolve. Again, well done.

 

Cheerio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Would be nice to be able to use the joystick to control the turret. Mouse control is bad.

 

But I have a lot of fun for now. Hope things will evolve. Again, well done.

 

Cheerio

I control the tank turret with my joystick though JoyToKey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Yeah.... it's a monster and as far as I can judge, it is well done - the exterior and interior - modeled very well. But still work in process.

 

Gunnery is not bad too, but "one shot - one kill" seems a bit unrealistic to me, especially when you engage a tank like the KV-1 from

a distance of more than 1000 m. Historically it is known that German tank crews were able to engage at distances of 2000 m and

more with their high quality optics - the 8.8 was the nightmare for allied tankers.

 

I urge them to change the key mapping options and axis to control the tank. For the moment I use my throttle to move the tank fwd

and bwd, the rudder pedals to steer that beast. Would be nice to be able to use the joystick to control the turret. Mouse control is bad.

 

But I have a lot of fun for now. Hope things will evolve. Again, well done.

 

Cheerio

 

One hit kills are pretty accurate imo, the KV only has a max of around 75mm hull armor (the armor effectiveness changes with the angle of course) and the Tiger can pen around 80mm of armor at 2000m at a 30 deg from vertical (60 deg.)

 

The KV hull has quite a few flat spots so the Tiger really doesn't have much trouble penning it.

 

In comparison the KV gun cant pen the Tiger 1 frontally unless it is within 500yds, and even then it is very difficult.

Edited by Legioneod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the Kv can get a side or rear shot on a Tiger. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thad said:

Unless the Kv can get a side or rear shot on a Tiger. 😉

Yep, that's the key. I took out 9 or so Tigers in a T-34 the other night in a multiplayer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...